PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread

I'm traveling on business right now, locked in a hotel room desperately trying to get some critical work done. :rolleyes: This will test the limits of my multitasking abilities. (Conveniently, though, my work task of the moment is to research babies named ESPN!)
I planned to name my next cat ESPN, but then I figured that would be animal cruelty for the many times I've wanted to kick ESPN!
What's on it? I'm having noodles and a can of Diet Coke with Cherry. I never drink at home, so no beers for me.
Let's see, I grabbed a cheese since I already had pepperoni at home and didn't need to spend the extra 50 cents for the few meager slices they provide. I added crumbled bacon, pepperoni (shoulder to shoulder), diced ham, mushrooms, leftover hamburger, and blended three cheeses. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing some of the pre-cut peppers and onions they had, I should eat some vegetables today. Maybe the cat will share some of the indoor formula he gets with it's high grass content (that's the lawn stuff in case you get confused with no alcohol in your system).

Aaaaggghhh! This NFL Network draft intro sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Official 2007 NFL Draft 1st Round Discussion

"NEWS ALERT: Adam Schefter of NFLN reports that the Jets are trying to trade up into the top 15, presumably to get cornerback Leon Hall or cornerback Darelle Revis."
-----

Mangini keeps trying to out-maneuver us. Screw'em!

NEWS ALERT: NFLN reports that the Titans are expected to acquire WR Mike Williams from the Lions. Williams was the No. 10 overall pick in 2005.

Keyshawn is actually being pretty good .. i expected him to be a jackass like Irvin on TV but hes doing well

ay i like this Goodell guy..hes been doing well besides the no fun league..should bring it back

Pick is in... gotta be Russell.

JaMarcus it is. Good choice i guess..hes a rich man

First round quarterbacks are risky but they had to pick one because the raiders shafted themselves last yr with leinart and did nothing to address the need this offseason.

Question: this guy was never really mentioned last year. how did he shoot up to #1?

Re: Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread

Jamarcus Russel? Didn't see that coming.

hes got all the tools to be a great QB..just needs to work hard and hope Oakland builds around him. They need to get him some OL and a WR or 2 if Moss is a goner. The defense is there to keep them in games

And the Raiders blow it again... they better hope Russell actually shows more than a cannon arm in the pros, because he never showed pro level decision making at LSU.

And the Raiders blow it again... they better hope Russell actually shows more than a cannon arm in the pros, because he never showed pro level decision making at LSU.

you would have picked Quinn?

Well Russell will help immediately. They'll win a few more games. I'm not sure Calvin Johnson would be a big hit with Andrew Walter or Trent Green as his QB.

i would of picked Russell..first i wanted Johnson and then get a QB in round 2 but before u get anything out of your WR you need a QB..and before your QB or offense is succesfull..you need a good front OL. So QB -- OL -- whatever else u need to fill out

uh oh..Detroit is up..Calvin is happy..might trade him to Bucs but if they keep him .. its offical they are a bad franchise.

uh oh..Detroit is up..Calvin is happy..might trade him to Bucs but if they keep him .. its offical they are a bad franchise.

They're a bad franchise because they picked the best player in the draft?

i would of picked Russell..first i wanted Johnson and then get a QB in round 2 but before u get anything out of your WR you need a QB..and before your QB or offense is succesfull..you need a good front OL. So QB -- OL -- whatever else u need to fill out

definitely agree, the raiders are lousy because of bad decisions in the past. Robert Gallery, Charles Woodson, and trading for Randy Moss, and last year passing on Leinart.

you would have picked Quinn?

I wouldn't have picked either. I think this QB class sucks. I would have tried hard to trade down, move Randy Moss for a 3 and a 5, take Calvin Johnson if I couldn't, and get a QB at the top of the second (maybe trading back up into the first if I thought Trent Edwards was going to be gone by the start of the second). Mostly, that team needs to fill a lot of holes, so picking up more picks would be what I'd push to do, rather than paying a guy at the top of the draft that I have no real sense is going to be a franchise player, which neither Russell or Quinn strike me as.

WHY did the Raiders not just take Leinart last year? I am willing to bet money that Leinart will be a better pro than Russell. Does anyone else realize that Russell played last season at 290 POUNDS!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes