PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensively, New England at it's peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPettyOfficer72

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Yes, the legendary and impossible trio of Tom Brady, Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski are continuing to make defenses of all shapes and sizes, bad, good and great all look pretty bad but yet .... there is still the posibility that they could get even better, believe it or not.

1. Chad Ochocinco: At this point in his career, he is not what he used to be but he could very well be a savvy-veteran down the field threat who could get open on critical third downs to keep the chains moving. By now, he should have a great knowledge base, with still enough speed, moves and quickness to school the young guys routinely like Hines Ward did a few years ago, or what Randy Moss did when he was about 32 or 33 but not quite as much. And yes, double teams could still be drawn, making it nearly impossible for someone else on the offense not to be left one on one.

2. Danny Woodhead: Just a short year ago, he was becoming a household name, and nearly found his way on the cover of Madden 2011. His extreme elusiveness and explosive playmaking ability had defensive coordinators pulling their hair out, and attacted extra attention towards him throughout the course of games. Only if he could reach that level again would it be just about impossible for others not to get wide open looks for the big play or big run every other series.

3. Julian Edelman: I know how some people may view this but I keep saying it ... that this guy is a complete football player. His super quickness can turn heads, and elusiveness is even more of that than the great Wes Welker. With the ball in his hands, he can be extremely dangerous whether it be a screen, quick hitch, reverse or hand off. Creative ways to get him more involved in the offense could pay huge dividends... especially if he is in at slot. If you go back to 2009, he was one of the NFL's leading rookie receivers and was on his way to becoming a very dangerous young slot receiver who could break tackles, rack up lots of yards and be very effective in the redzone.

4. Kevin Faulk: Yes, "The King of 3rd Downs" is getting old but he is still very servicable none the less. Still, with the ability to catch, get open and make people miss, his impact in games remains present to this day. Just imagine if we ran two RB packages where Danny is split wide and Kevin gets open underneath? That would be almost an automic 5 to 10 yards.

5. Stevan Ridley: This kid can play, as I've seen during some opportunities he has been given. Pretty explosive and runs well going north and south.

6. Tiquan Underwood: I really like him, even though he made some key drops during a few games. I really do think he does a great job of creating separation with the speed and quickness neccessary. If he works on his hands just a little bit, with that formidable fade that he has going, he can become a well known face in the NFL pretty quickly. And to add, I also like the knickname "KID".

7. Matthew Slater: I may get picked on for this, but I like to call him the "Silver Skater" because he is soo smooth when he runs down field. Very very fast, but looks like he is gliding almost. I think that well, not saying he is polished but his speed could be a factor if he develops a pair of good hands. Love his heart, and ability and think that he too can contribute on offense and shown with that long pass from Tom Brady during the preseason.

Just imagine if these things develop along the way, what that could mean for other teams.

forgetting someone...:attention:

Last edited:
I hope we can pul it all together as well, not sure about Ocho, still seems uncomfortable. Did Underwood officially pass him on the depth chart?

a little optimism can go a long way. THanks and keep up the good spirits, ...NE72

forgetting someone...:attention:

Ocho No-Show? How about Taiqwain-Whatever your last name is waiver-wire Colts pick-up never to be heard of again Arena -League guy? I know I spelled his name wrong but he'll be about as memorable as Shockmain Davis.

Last edited:
Ocho No-Show? How about Taiqwain-Whatever your last name is waiver-wire Colts pick-up never to be heard of again Arena -League guy? I know I spelled his name wrong but he'll be about as memorable as Shockmain Davis.

Who can forget this?

Attachments

• tiquan.jpg
    tiquan.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 401
Who can forget this?

Dear Lord, even Teblow could get a pass to stick in that 'fro. It'd take the refs 20 minutes to get it untangled from that fashion nightmare but it would never touch the turf. That doo has got to take at least a second off your 40 time though.

Last edited:
Who can forget this?

Can anyone get mathmatical schematics for measurements on that towah? I potentialy might hire him to dust my ceilings.

Last edited:
I dunno, Woodhead's the only one I can really see improving from that list. Ocho I thought was turning it around after the Jets game but fi anything he's getting less snaps now. If he hasn't got it by now I wouldn't count on that later. Faulk I fear is pretty much done. Ridley, doubt he gets much of a shot as we rarely commit to the run game and BJGE himself doesn't get many looks alot of games. Edelman no not this year, buried on the offensive depth chart. Underwood, Slater limited players, hard to expect much.

If anybody, I'd say Hernandez could have a monster breakout game.

Yes, the legendary and impossible trio of Tom Brady, Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski are continuing to make defenses of all shapes and sizes, bad, good and great all look pretty bad but yet .... there is still the posibility that they could get even better, believe it or not.

They better get better, believe it or not...

1. Chad Ochocinco: At this point in his career, he is not what he used to be but he could very well be a savvy-veteran down the field threat who could get open on critical third downs to keep the chains moving. By now, he should have a great knowledge base, with still enough speed, moves and quickness to school the young guys routinely like Hines Ward did a few years ago, or what Randy Moss did when he was about 32 or 33 but not quite as much. And yes, double teams could still be drawn, making it nearly impossible for someone else on the offense not to be left one on one.

You're dreamin...

2. Danny Woodhead: Just a short year ago, he was becoming a household name, and nearly found his way on the cover of Madden 2011. His extreme elusiveness and explosive playmaking ability had defensive coordinators pulling their hair out, and attacted extra attention towards him throughout the course of games. Only if he could reach that level again would it be just about impossible for others not to get wide open looks for the big play or big run every other series.

Teams catch up and opportunities go to others, but Woodhead can still have an impact, just not in the return game.

3. Julian Edelman: I know how some people may view this but I keep saying it ... that this guy is a complete football player. His super quickness can turn heads, and elusiveness is even more of that than the great Wes Welker. With the ball in his hands, he can be extremely dangerous whether it be a screen, quick hitch, reverse or hand off. Creative ways to get him more involved in the offense could pay huge dividends... especially if he is in at slot. If you go back to 2009, he was one of the NFL's leading rookie receivers and was on his way to becoming a very dangerous young slot receiver who could break tackles, rack up lots of yards and be very effective in the redzone.

Edleman has as much potential as a slot corner as he has as a slot receiver. He's above average Welker insurance for a team as reliant as this one is on Welker. But he's no Welker.

4. Kevin Faulk: Yes, "The King of 3rd Downs" is getting old but he is still very servicable none the less. Still, with the ability to catch, get open and make people miss, his impact in games remains present to this day. Just imagine if we ran two RB packages where Danny is split wide and Kevin gets open underneath? That would be almost an automic 5 to 10 yards.

Faulk still has his savvy and surehandedness developed over years but his impact is really limited for a reason.

5. Stevan Ridley: This kid can play, as I've seen during some opportunities he has been given. Pretty explosive and runs well going north and south.

Ridley is a work in progress but he's not gonna move the pile so he has to improve his vision and patience to follow the blocks as well as his pass blocking skill and durability or he won't be seeing much north and south.

6. Tiquan Underwood: I really like him, even though he made some key drops during a few games. I really do think he does a great job of creating separation with the speed and quickness neccessary. If he works on his hands just a little bit, with that formidable fade that he has going, he can become a well known face in the NFL pretty quickly. And to add, I also like the knickname "KID".

He didn't create enough seperation in the EZ last week and there's a lot more to it than creating the illusion of seperation on this offense, as Ocho can attest.

7. Matthew Slater: I may get picked on for this, but I like to call him the "Silver Skater" because he is soo smooth when he runs down field. Very very fast, but looks like he is gliding almost. I think that well, not saying he is polished but his speed could be a factor if he develops a pair of good hands. Love his heart, and ability and think that he too can contribute on offense and shown with that long pass from Tom Brady during the preseason.

This isn't the preseason or we'd have a dozen WR's on the roster...

Just imagine if these things develop along the way, what that could mean for other teams.

If this is their peak we're in trouble. Consistent execution and focus remains an issue and that requires all 11 on the field to bring it every play - including the big uglies in the trenches - or all that talent won't be enough. I'm less concerned with the fringe players developing or contributing at this juncture than I am with the core starters all cleaning up their game and executing like every snap matters.

Last edited:
You name alot of guys but what have they done up to umm week 15 is it? Very very little. Why should they all of the sudden explode onto the scene and become a key part of this O ?

If anything i hope we start using the lawfirm more or maybe one of the rookie RBs. As far as the receivers go it's still gonna be mostly the group of Branch,Gronk,Welk,Hernandez imo.

you lost me at point #1

You name alot of guys but what have they done up to umm week 15 is it? Very very little. Why should they all of the sudden explode onto the scene and become a key part of this O ?

If anything i hope we start using the lawfirm more or maybe one of the rookie RBs. As far as the receivers go it's still gonna be mostly the group of Branch,Gronk,Welk,Hernandez imo.

Agreed. At this point, seriously, the only thing I'm expecting Ocho to do is maybe move the chains once or twice before the season is ended.

I actually think we may finish the entire year with a 6 million dollar WR who was there the entire time without a TD catch. What would have been the odds on that in Vegas last August?

He's one f-up from being nicknamed Tiquan-DOH!

yeah deff not at the peak...

Brady could have had 60 pts vs washington last week if he wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back