PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Of course Clete Blakeman is the ref for Pats at Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed that for you.

Of course, I acknowledge the Pats were robbed in that game of all you said, including a good shot at making the Super Bowl. But in retrospect, our 2013 team was nearly as bad as 2009 and had no business being in the Super Bowl despite the weakness of the AFC. I kind of consider it a lucky break now that the last 2 years have turned out the way they did.

Agreed. Obviously any given Sunday and all that, but I do believe that losing in the AFCCG saved us from getting soundly beaten in the Super Bowl. We would've put up a better fight than Denver did, but I don't think it would've been close.

Well, this thread has earned its place. This has been the most unfairly officiated game I can recall.
yeah me too, it was worse than the replacement reffs. And after watching blekeman reff this game i now believe that in some cases the fix really could be in. there were that many phantom calls at key moments in the game. They kept dallas drives alive and stopped big plays and drives by the pats.

Well, this thread has earned its place. This has been the most unfairly officiated game I can recall.

Well besides three bad spots and the two offensive PIs, I thought it wasn't as bad as I expected. And nowhere near as bad as the squeelers-dolts and squeelers-Seahawks playoff series. That was truly paid for refs.

Most of the bad calls I chalked up to 'trying to keep it interesting' more than anti-patriots.

In Cowtown they're convinced the refs are in Brady's pockets because all Pats plays are illegal picks.

Also, pick plays mean you will complete 80% of your passes even with a crappy quarterback. But other teams don't do that cuz they're real men who play football the right way. They apparently lose with samurai honor.

Cowboys fans are claiming the Pats only found offensive success through "illegal pick plays"....

1) They clearly weren't getting away with it...

2) Peyton Manning

Well besides three bad spots and the two offensive PIs, I thought it wasn't as bad as I expected.

"Besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

That's a lot of potentially game-changing bad calls.

Not that I am happy about the officiating in this game, but can someone explain to me what the really horrendous calls were ? I mean people are calling it one of the worst officiated games ever.

Yes, the majority of those 3rd down calls that bailed the Cowboys out were very soft but we have been seeing this **** from many ref crews every week for years now. How was this any different from the typical Jerome Boger performance ?

Apart from Vinovich I am not sure I look forward to any of the ref crews.

Only two bad calls I remember. The extra two yards on a spot, and the illegal contact on McCourty.

I think Clete might just be a crappy ref.

Last edited:
I think they were generally crappy both ways ........

This game wasn't nearly as bad as Thursday's Texans/Colts game. The Texans got royally robbed

I think they were generally crappy both ways ........
It wasn't big 12 bad but nicely like there were a few of these "jerrys world" calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes