PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochocinco talking the talk on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news to me, he needs to be his confident/****y self again because thats when he plays his best!

What a great quandary to be in. :) We are going to put up mega-offensive numbers next year.

Question is, will we have a running game?

I think the primary focus will still be the passing game. That's understandable when you have one of the NFL's greatest QB's ever and a whole lot of weapons to go with him.

I noticed that in 2010 the passing/running numbers were more balanced, off the top of my head I believe it was about 55/45%, however last year (approximate) it drifted more towards the pass again at about 60/40%.

Considering that we put up big numbers and went to the SB where we had a chance to win it with a couple of minutes left, the argument to go more towards the running game may not be as cut/dry and some would think.

I would envision something closer to 60/40% again, especially with the addition of Llyod and the emergence of the TE's (not to mention paying Welker very good money, and the overall success of the pass here).

I do believe that they will use a RBBC system that will spell the pass, and take some of the pressure off of Brady. I couldn't imagine the #'s being any worse than they were this past year.

In one word--YES. I do think that we will have a running game that will be at least as good as 2011. The real debate lies in exactly 'when' they should utilize the run game more, a la this past February when up 17-9 in the Super Bowl.

I totally agree about his negative impact on the team as a whole, and last yr was pathetic.

I think at this point though, looking at the present and future is what should be done. There's no crying over spilled (spilt?) milk, no use looking backwards. The money's spent, the draft picks are gone.

There will be 3 WR spots to fill after Lloyd, Welker, and Edelman (if Edelman plays on offense and is counted there), so the potential for him to make the team with 3 out of Johnson, Branch, Gonzalez, Underwood, and Stallworth (and maybe Slater depending upon him you'd consider him) should not be all that hard.

Put it this way---if he shows that he has learned the system and is able to catch 25 balls this year, wouldn't you still want him over a guy like Underwood? He still has obvious talent, and his work ethic has been great, but he does need to prove that he has learned the system.

I hated him last yr, but I will give him a chance now that it's a new game. We can't recover the picks, and can't recover the money, so it really comes down to risking a small affordable salary for a chance at a possible contribution.

I'm not sure that there are too many in the potential list of 3 remaining WR's who have more talent than him.

Fair enough.

ochocinco.jpg

Say what you will but he does have a good sense of humor!

If Stinko thinks he's reading the entire playbook, then no wonder he sux.

instead of Ocho Cinco he should change his name to Flapper McGumsalot...does he EVER STFU or what?

Say what you will but he does have a good sense of humor!

how is that funny? A seasoned veteran admits he's too stupid or lazy to learn his position? That would be embarrassing to most professionals.

Now if he threw down the playbook and wiped his arse with the 6 million dollars we wasted, that would at least give me a chuckle.

Last edited:
Twitter talk is cheap, but Im sure his fanbase can barely contain themselves.

Greg Bedard touches on the Ocho conundrum in his Sunday Notes column. Lewis - who couldn't get rid of him fast enough a year ago, seems to be selling him on the record now, but as Bedard noted elsewhere he gets more honest assessments from coaches and FO personnel when they talk off the record. It's good that we still have at least one reporter/columnist hereabouts who grasps that and can therefore offer some thoughtfully informed insight. Snappy on the record quotes and soundbites are over rated and often worthless because folks tend not to be honest on the record...

And fwiw Reiss today notes that according to the NFLPA salary site Ocho took a straight paycut as opposed to a restructure, down to the $925K veteran minimum salary for 2012 with no additional changes to the deal (i.e. incentives or ability to earn the $2.25M back) for 2013. That he continued to make the same mistakes in practice all season long per Bedard's team sources doesn't bode well for Ocho. I thought he was just screwing up on the field in live action game situations...as in unable to process under pressure.

Picking our way through a mock first round of NFL draft - The Boston Globe

instead of Ocho Cinco he should change his name to Flapper McGumsalot...does he EVER (Please be quiet - edited) or what?

At some point he'll have to change his name to Had Johnson.

I find this picture hilarious.

It does say a lot to me that he has a sense of humor, and can poke some fun at himself.

I hate to use the old cliche that IBBWT, but as you said in another thread Belichick does have much more to go on when making his assessments of player talent and whether or not they can possibly fit here; and he seems okay at this point with giving him another chance to produce.

It does say a lot to me that he has a sense of humor, and can poke some fun at himself.

I hate to use the old cliche that IBBWT, but as you said in another thread Belichick does have much more to go on when making his assessments of player talent and whether or not they can possibly fit here; and he seems okay at this point with giving him another chance to produce.

It is curious because BB has never shown a sympathetic attitude toward building his roster. 100 out of 100 players in the past who struggled getting it have been gone, and quickly. 85 adds the possible attitude issue to that, yet he is here. There must be a reason BB feels '12 can be better than '11 for 85.

Hope his reality TV show is going well..just what he needs after his great year last year...i really hope he does horrible this year so we can just get rid of him

Hope his reality TV show is going well..just what he needs after his great year last year...i really hope he does horrible this year so we can just get rid of him

You'd rather him not work on his deficiencies and contribute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back