PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochocinco talking the talk on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still very, very cautiously optimistic that Ocho could rebound after a full offseason. I wouldn't bet a single penny on it, but I am hopeful.

Last edited:
I am still very, very cautiously optimistic that Ocho could rebound after a full offseason. I wouldn't bet a single penny on it, but I am hopeful.

I think this comment hits the nail on the head.

Exactly how I feel too.

Would I be willing to wager money? No.

Is it out of the realm of possibility to think that he can contribute on some level, and be helpful to his teammates? No.

Don't care what he's saying, e-mailing, texting or tweeting. I'm from Missouri on this one - he's gotta "show me."

I'm pretty confident he will be on the 53 man roster. I can't think of one time in the BB era where someone restructured their contract and was released. Can anyone else think of a scenario?

I really do hope the guy succeeds. I just see it as being hard as hell to log playing time assuming Brandon Lloyd lights it up like we all hope he will. Unless this team moves back to a spread using 4 and 5 wr sets and play less 2 TE formations the playing time will be limited for your 3rd,4th/5th receiver. But it's what you do with your opportunities that count.

I don't think he can "get" this offense and it's nothing new. This isn't the first time we've had a vet who was flashy on another team not get it. Galloway, Stokes, hell,,, even Tory Holt. It hasn't happened yet, so it's not gonna happen.

I don't think he can "get" this offense and it's nothing new. This isn't the first time we've had a vet who was flashy on another team not get it. Galloway, Stokes, hell,,, even Tory Holt. It hasn't happened yet, so it's not gonna happen.

I thought Holt got hurt?

I don't remember Holt 'not getting the system.'

I thought Holt got hurt?

I don't remember Holt 'not getting the system.'

OK, sorry your right. Well switch Holt with Stallworth the 13th pick in the 2002 draft..

OK, sorry your right. Well switch Holt with Stallworth the 13th pick in the 2002 draft..

No big deal.

I certainly understand the apprehension regarding C.Johnson.

Only time will tell if he picks it up or not.

Before this thread dies Ochocinco will be as hyped as he was last season. Don't buy it. He has to prove it on the field, not twitter.

If he even makes it onto the field. Where is he going to fit in with this crew, Welker, assuming he signs, Lloyd, Stallworth, Branch, Edelman, Gonzalez, and as far as I am concerned, Slater and even Underwood and even Hernandez as an H back.. As of now, I put Ocho at the bottom of that list.

I've taken a lot of craps. Not once did I think, "Hey, this would be a good time to send a text message." ;)

I have taken a lot of craps too, I am taking a crap right now as I type this.

I have taken a lot of craps too, I am taking a crap right now as I type this.

I've never taken a crap in my lifetime. I have left quite a few though

I don't think he'll make it out of camp

So people believing that a guy will improve with 7 more months to learn the system blows your mind?

I don't know if Chad will win a roster spot, but if he grasps the offense, he'll have a helluva shot.

Yes, it blows my mind. He did not "get it" and he will not "get it." Hope is beautiful.....but this is ridiculous. I believe (and hope) he doesn't make it out of camp. Buh-bye, Lemon Loaf.

Dont really see why people get off on saying someone on their team is going to fail.

POINTLESS

Why do so many patsfans posters seem to think that posting on twitter/facebook is this huge time commitment?

************, you're talking about a 30 second tweet from a cell phone while waiting to be seated at a restaurant or sitting on the crapper.

The only thing to take away from all of this is that the guy's heart is in the right place. That's why he's still with this team and that's why the team wants him to succeed. If it doesn't pan out then it wasn't meant to be but you cannot fault the guy's effort or willingness to take a pay cut.

Which is why I think the people who seem so venomous towards Ochocinco are meanspirited.

Brandon Spikes manages to find time between tweets to play football. Which is far more impressive.

I have never seen so many people cheering against a patriots player. It would clearly be in best interest of the team for Chad to be a solid player next year, but some are hoping for him to get cut, etc. :confused:

Last edited:
Dont really see why people get off on saying someone on their team is going to fail.

POINTLESS

There's a strong sentiment amongst NE sports fans in general that has been pervasive for a while that they'd rather be right about a player, coach or system they don't like than see the team succeed and prove them wrong.

There's a strong sentiment amongst NE sports fans in general that has been pervasive for a while that they'd rather be right about a player, coach or system they don't like than see the team succeed and prove them wrong.

What it is is people trying to show they are "objective fans" but what it shows is that they are "negative jackasses"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back