Welcome to PatsFans.com

O'Callaghan isn't left out in cold

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Box_O_Rocks, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

http://www.contracostatimes.com/sports/ci_6056795
  2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

3. GoWhalers

GoWhalers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The story about the car keys was really interesting. It really reflects the attitudes and level of trust within the organization.

Remember a few years back, when Albert Connell got in trouble with the Saints, for stealing money out of Deuce McAllister's locker? Reading the story at the time, I was scratchinig my head, "What the hell goes on down there?". But when taken in context with the above story with O'Callaghan, I'm sure it was just a harmless prank intended to bust a rookie's chops.

The difference is in how the prank is perceived, and what kind of trust level exists in the locker room. O'Callaghan didn't call the cops, and his teammates didn't carry the prank too far. Everybody understands the joke, and everybody knows the limits. I've got to believe that extends to the field, and how much one is willing to stick one's neck out for a teammate.
  4. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It reminds me of all the shananigans at camp last year when Matt Cassel (with help from Matt Light?) filled Brady's car full of styrofoam peanuts and Brady stole the tires off Matt's car and had them put in his locker.

BB was afraid it was going to go nuclear and put a stop to it.