PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ to Baltimore, deal worth up to 18 mill

Chess. Not Checkers. Baltimore continues to excel at roster building.
And how many games do you think Lamar plays this year under the tag? My guess is 8. Hell of a way to build a roster. Now the ravens will get a 15 mill credit to the cap the following year but I dont think Huntley and that roster is a 500 team for the other 9 games.

That is so much money! Seems like it’s mostly signing bonus so there has to be void years.

Has to make it more likely Lamar comes back. Lamar posted him FaceTiming OBJ on instagram doubt he does that if he’s not coming back.

so if OBJ signs for 15 million with 2 additional voidable years, the 15 million could be split over 3 years (e.g. only a 5 million cap hit this year) and then for 2024 and 2025, cap rollover money can be used to pay the remaining prorated portion of that bonus.
So, not as crippling as it may seem at first.

Why sign OBJ, unless they think they are going to be serious Super Bowl contenders this year. I suspect they know that Lamar will be playing on franchise tag this year and they signed OBJ to make it more appealing for LJ to show up and play.

Agholor at his best not even close to OBJ.

The real question is can the original OBJ come back after that big injury he suffered.

If OBJ is back to normal Agholor couldn't hold his jock even on his best day.

Dudes mediocre

Absolutely wild. Balt hasn't spent more than 8m on a WR during Jackson's time there. Signs Becks for almost 20 who's coming off 2 ACL and averaging less than 50 ypg over the last two years.

This is a desperate move to put together a WR corp that looks decent on paper. Two borderline WR2 and Bateman after Andrews. Boom or bust.

Hey it’s not the Chiefs at least. They’re kind of running out of options to get a receiver…
The Pats are not the only team that stinks at drafting WRs.

2nd round Mecole Hardman was mediocre. 2nd round Sky Moore isnt too impressive either.

Demarcus Robinson and Chris Conley busted out.

Why does a Pats fan site have a thread about a baltimore signing? there is a reason why there is a Free Agency mega-thread
Because Judon was trying to get that overrated drama Queen to play here.

Terrible contract.

OBJ is too injury prone glad we didn't have a dog in that fight.

Me 4-08-2023 "Beckham would be the perfect WR1 for the Patriots and would elevate players around him"
Me 4-10-2023 "Beckham is washed up, often injured and a headcase. Glad we didn't get him"

Your obsession with the Chiefs is hilarious...
Oh, that’s precious coming from a so called fan that changed his name from Mac 10 to Showtime 15. Been trolling this board for some time posing as Pats fan. You’re a joke. Obsessed with the 6 rings much?

Could be a coup that ends up leading Baltimore to the promised land and could be a bust as early as mid July...

$15 mill guaranteed. Doesn't seem like a typical Ravens move -- perhaps a desperation move to get Lamar back? Way too pricey for our tastes.

If OBJ is healthy then he probably still has something left in the tank at age 30. He was a beast 2014-2016, which is getting to be a long time ago in NFL terms. Probably not enough to move the needle on Lamar returning. Lamar probably gets traded before or during the draft. I'm waiting for the Jets to wise up, walk away from the Rodgers trade, and go hard after Lamar.

Why does a Pats fan site have a thread about a baltimore signing? there is a reason why there is a Free Agency mega-thread
Because the board has a fixation on WRs
Rodgers now has this on top of his list of grudges for his future bosses!
Rodgers?
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Agholor at his best not even close to OBJ.

The real question is can the original OBJ come back after that big injury he suffered.

If OBJ is back to normal Agholor couldn't hold his jock even on his best day.
Really. Lets look at the last 3 years

2020: Agholor 56y/game, 10.9y/tgt | OBJ 45.6y/game, 7.4y/tgt only play 7 games
2021: Aghlor 31.5y/game 7.8y/tgt | OBJ 38.4y/game 6.5y/tgt
2022: Agholor 22.6y/game 6.8y/tgt | OBJ 0s across the board

Really outside of the 2021 playoffs its hard to say OBJ has outplayed Aghlor in the last 3 years

Really. Lets look at the last 3 years

2020: Agholor 56y/game, 10.9y/tgt | OBJ 45.6y/game, 7.4y/tgt only play 7 games
2021: Aghlor 31.5y/game 7.8y/tgt | OBJ 38.4y/game 6.5y/tgt
2022: Agholor 22.6y/game 6.8y/tgt | OBJ 0s across the board

Really outside of the 2021 playoffs its hard to say OBJ has outplayed Aghlor in the last 3 years
Really?? It's not hard to say Nelson StinksGalor stole money from the Patriots for count it two years. Saying StinksGalor outplayed OBJ I just threw up in my mouth. :rolleyes:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back