PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If the offense were to step up their play just a tad more then I think we will be golden.

I don’t know about you guys but Brady has been hit a lot more lately and of course sacked, the guy isn’t getting any younger but this o-line is plain horrendous, do you think the pass protection will improve when Wynn comebacks? He is just one guy, the other 4 guys are just not playing up to standard that we are use to.

I don’t think it’s the receivers fault trying to get open, I think it’s more about the o-line giving Brady the time to be able to get rid of the ball.

Are we able to bolster our o-line before the trade deadline?

The Redskins are now shopping Trent Williams, adding him along Wynn would definitely help things out.

Wynn is just one guy, but we should also get Mason back for the next game. So, Newhouse and Ferentz out, I believe. With no more serious injuries to the unit this year, we should be good in December.

Adding a better tight end will help as well. Both in blocking and short quick passing. Trent Williams will be difficult because of his salary. We'll have to move other linemen around to accommodate him. Possibly Wynn to guard and Thunder to center. That's a lot of changes and Williams hasn't played for a while. I like the idea of Howard. He makes a lot less, will help in run blocking, pass blocking, quick pass receiving, and red zone offense. At 6'6", Brady can throw him those high over the defender passes in the end zone that he has always done so well.

Trent Williams is a pipe dream, this year his cap hit is about $3.2 M which will be $14 M + next year..

With Wynn scheduled to return and Mason healthy (bye week will help) the O line will get much better.

don’t think it’s the receivers fault trying to get open, I think it’s more about the o-line giving Brady the time to be able to get rid of the ball.

So what happened then on the times Brady had to throw it away, to the ground or got sacked after having way more than 2.5-3 seconds?

Tomlinson and Watson getting up to speed will help too.

Don't see outside help arriving here.

Have to hope Wynn returns to form quickly, Mason gets healthy and Karras gets more consistent with his snapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe