PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Post - Test of Jets Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobson seems to double catch every throw to him.

After last year's performance, I'm willing to give Lafell a pass. Actually, I'll give him a mulligan. He'd probably drop my pass too.

Lafell will get it together. Not in a panic. Just a bad game.

The Jets defense didn't stop the Pats as much as the drops and a couple of questionable play calls. Why did they go for a pass on 3rd and 1/2 yard inside the 20 late in the game with a chance to go up 2 scores?
I hated that play calling.

Kudos to the Jets for making it a real game and pushing the Patriots, but in the end, they just helped to show the world, once again, why Tom Brady is still the best QB in the game.
What a mental error to blitz Brady and leave Gronk wide open! See ya Jets
-

Seemed like Brady audibled into it, so it's on brady

I don't know of many QBs who wouldn't throw on every down if you let them.

I disagree. Though this Jets D is very good it is not the ideal D to stop Brady cause it is not an elite pass rushing D. They did a lot of things well but often gave Brady too much time.

A D built to stop Brady needs to pass rush and pass defend as they 2 best things they do. They can defend the pass but the DL is more built to stop the run than rush the passer.

The Broncos are more built to stop Brady IMO. But their O is not as good as the Jets (not often you say that)

I disagree. The Jets best pass rushers play in the interior, and they have two elite corners.

The Broncos best pass rushers come off the edge, and their two corners are good, but not nearly at that level.

Edge rushers allow Brady to step up in the pocket, allowing him even more time than he would normally need. Especially ones like Von Miller who will run 50 yards upfield if the tackle directs him that way.

The Patriots line just did a good job yesterday.

According to the folks at the 4 letter sports network, they are only counting 6 drops(3 by LaFell) as they decree that some of the dropped balls were actually bad passes..

For whatever that is worth.. would have liked to have those drops as catches...

Test results against a Patriots offense dressing only 18 players, missing their #1 RB, jumbled OL, and a WR just playing his first game of the season...

fail.jpg

Fail.jpeg

Epic-fail_o_116991.jpg

epicfail1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes