PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NOW where is your confidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confident this team will win a home wild card play off game then lose on the road to the Colts or Bolts. Nothing has changed. We still do not have a running game, offensive line, defensive secondary, coaching, and etc...

And yes I know, "On any given Sunday...blah blah blah", just like when I buy a lottery ticket I could win.

I'll always have confidence in this Patriots team. They have the talent to go all the way.

Last edited:
I am confident this team will win a home wild card play off game then lose on the road to the Colts or Bolts. Nothing has changed. We still do not have a running game, offensive line, defensive secondary, coaching, and etc...

And yes I know, "On any given Sunday...blah blah blah", just like when I buy a lottery ticket I could win.

We rushed for almost 200 yards yesterday. Our running game isn't our best strength, but we've shown we have enough of one that it has to be respected. That's all it takes, which is why play action was so effective yesterday as well.

BB's true greatness should be measurred by how much his team's improve from the begginning of season's to the end of season's. I think this team is as good as the Colt's, Charger's, and Bengal's (who should not be overlooked). If you look at the last three week's we beat the Bill's which is a divisional road game, always a hard game, we beat the Panther's, who since then have blown out the Viking's, and Giant's, and we man handled a Jaguar team with their playoff hopes on the line. We are peaking at the right time, showing better offensive balence, and the defense looks much more aggressive then it had earlier in the year. We are going to make a run. I expect nothing less then getting back to the AFC title game, a game that i believe we will win.

You're completely wrong about the running game and offensive line, and you're at least partly wrong about the defensive secondary and coaching, but "etc..." seems to hold some promise.

My thoughts have changed a little. After the Bills and the Panthers games I had confidence that we would win in the Wild Card round and then lose in the divisional round. I now give us more of a chance in the divisional round reguardless of who we play. Our defense has played well all season long with the exception of a halves this season and our offense played probably its best overall game of the season, competing with the Tenn. game. This team is peaking at the right time, like BB coached teams usually do and I dont know of any team who wants to play BB and Brady in the playoffs

Wrong. Teams don't win 3-4 playoff games in a row by throwing or running the ball 70% of the time and at the same time, keeping defenses honest. C'mon.

You've got it backwards: teams that won 3-4 playoff games in a row are more likely to have spent enough time with a lead that they didn't have to throw 70% of the time.

The outcome of the game affects how you call your plays more than how you call your plays affects the outcome of the game.

Still don't think our D can hold up against good QBs, but would love to be wrong. Need better pass rush.

Last edited:
They struggled against Carolina, Buffalo but picked it up against the Jags. 3 wins are great against any team, but I still don't think they will beat the Chargers or the Colts.

Until they beat a great opponent, its still the same

Completely unreasonable on my part but over the last few weeks I've started to feel like this team will do something special. I think #12 is going to have a monster postseason... Nothing I can point to really, just a feeling. Could be the kool-aid :D

I have the beginnings of the same kind of feeling - that this is a team of destiny, and Welker bouncing up from a monster hit (against Carolina?) and the awakening of Randy Moss together may have flipped the team's switch to 'On.'

QB12

It's higher than it was a few weeks ago. A healthy Wilfork, Neal, and solid running game gets me feeling pretty good. Actually, this may be the healthiest that the Pats have been going into the playoffs all decade.

The key for the Patriots success is to RUN THE FOOTBALL. And with Taylor and Morris back healthy, the Patriots can stop being so one-dimensional and can execute the play-action to perfection. Maroney, Taylor, Morris, and Faulk when all are involved in the running game, can be a clock-chewer. On the losses this year (except for Jets and Saints), the Patriots had the lead in the second-half and got too one-dimensional, thus, giving the ball back to the team, for more opportunites to score which lead to blown leads. Running the ball effectively will help protect the late game leads the Patriots will have and will chew out the clock for the other teams they face.

Just my two cents.

The key for the Patriots success is to RUN THE FOOTBALL. And with Taylor and Morris back healthy, the Patriots can stop being so one-dimensional and can execute the play-action to perfection. Maroney, Taylor, Morris, and Faulk when all are involved in the running game, can be a clock-chewer. On the losses this year (except for Jets and Saints), the Patriots had the lead in the second-half and got too one-dimensional, thus, giving the ball back to the team, for more opportunites to score which lead to blown leads. Running the ball effectively will help protect the late game leads the Patriots will have and will chew out the clock for the other teams they face.

Just my two cents.

New England is 7th in the league in rushing attempts, and 11th in rushing yards.

My confidence is this...

Win the Super Bowl.
Win the Super Bowl.
Please, for the love of God, win the Super Bowl.

Tyree's catch hurts and keeps hurting and I need me some Super Bowl championship to ease that pain. Hey, it worked after the Aaron Boone homerun when the Red Sox came back to win in 2004! :D

(Not very confident, but always hopeful at least)

Hows my confidence... well lets see Four weeks ago they lost to the lolphins, three week they played a putrid first half against a rancid panthers team, last week they played a so so game againnst the Bills, this week they played GREAT. So i want to see how they play this week to make any kind of judgement, they've been to inconsistant. I try to keep and even keel, i'm not someone that if they play great they're going to the SB, and if they play losey BB and the team should be fired. I will say i agree with Brady if they play like this from here on out they could beat anybody. I already think they can beat anybody in the AFC right now, and by the way NO and the Vikings are playing they could beat them too.

I heard Tom Jackson say on MNF that he thought if the pats played the rest of the way like they did against the Jaguars they could win it all. Tom Jackson praising the Pats :eek: Its the end of civilization as we know it.

Last edited:
I heard Tom Jackson say on MNF that he thought if the pats played the rest of the way like they did against the Jaguars they could win it all. Tom Jackson praising the Pats :eek: Its the end of civilization as we know it.
I don't believe it. :scared:

I don't believe it. :scared:
I think it was a replay of sundays recap with Jackson and chris berman, they were going over the pats win on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back