PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NOW where is your confidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Tom Jackson say on MNF that he thought if the pats played the rest of the way like they did against the Jaguars they could win it all. Tom Jackson praising the Pats :eek: Its the end of civilization as we know it.

Oops, I crapped my pants.

You're completely wrong about the running game and offensive line, and you're at least partly wrong about the defensive secondary and coaching, but "etc..." seems to hold some promise.

classic

My confidence is this...

Win the Super Bowl.
Win the Super Bowl.
Please, for the love of God, win the Super Bowl.

Tyree's catch hurts and keeps hurting and I need me some Super Bowl championship to ease that pain. Hey, it worked after the Aaron Boone homerun when the Red Sox came back to win in 2004!

(Not very confident, but always hopeful at least)

I just think the team is about due it's glory. History shows that when you knock on the door long enough, even when you may not be the *best* team a certain year you will get the ball bouncing their way in January (2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts). Since '05 we've had 4 playoff appearances including this year... in '06,'07 we made the AFCCG and then the SB and each year came within 1 play of beating the champ of that season. '05 in Denver was a complete fluke - the rash of turnovers/one sided officiating. Win that game as we should have and we're hosting the AFCCG against a team we own, then playing the average Seahawks. Last year it's hard to see anybody stopping us from winning it all with a healthy Brady but he went down week 1. We've been championship caliber but snakebitten, eventually it's going to happen for us, maybe this year maybe another. Also the health situation is very encouraging.

You've got it backwards: teams that won 3-4 playoff games in a row are more likely to have spent enough time with a lead that they didn't have to throw 70% of the time.

The outcome of the game affects how you call your plays more than how you call your plays affects the outcome of the game.

Playcalling determines outcome. You are kidding yourself if you believe otherwise. Only team to go against the grain on this was the 99 Rams.

three week they played a putrid first half against a rancid panthers team

You and I differ greatly on our definition of "rancid". Everything else you said was fine.

Playcalling determines outcome. You are kidding yourself if you believe otherwise. Only team to go against the grain on this was the 99 Rams.

I agree with this esp. since many of the top teams in the NFL are so close.

You need to be heady, prepare better, outsmart the other team.

Intensity and determination alone does not cut it in the playoffs.

I would say my confidence has taken a severe blunt to the head via the severe injury to Welker.

Moss is going to see tighter coverage and the offense is probably going to have to focus more on chewing up clock to help the defense. Here's hoping that TBC and Burgess can get to Flacco this week.

Same as it's been. Brady is the key. If Brady = Brady, this team can win it all as long as the other team isn't able to run the ball down the throats of the defense.

Has Brady = Brady this year? He will probably tell you "no way." Throw out stats. This is an offense dominated league now, so offensive stats are greatly inflated. The reason I think Brady would tell you he's not happy with his play this year is second half production.

Last edited:
Yet another fourth quarter collapse by the New England Patriots. I don't trust this New England Patriots defense in the fourth quarter against a quality opponent.

Yet another fourth quarter collapse by the New England Patriots. I don't trust this New England Patriots defense in the fourth quarter against a quality opponent.

I wouldn't trust them against Alabama U right now

I would say my confidence has taken a severe blunt to the head via the severe injury to Welker.

Mine has taken a hit too, no reason it shouldn't. This makes us worse on offense. At the same time I haven't given up hope that we can find other ways to move the sticks. Also hope the offense isn't required to score more than 24-27 points. We're still healthy everywhere else, most importantly in the trenches so we need to keep TOP in our favor. Defense + run game + coaching need to step up.

I have literally had a throbbing headache since half past one o'clock on Sunday afternoon.

My confidence? At rock bottom, exactly where it belongs.

Blood-smelling Murderers(allegedly) + eager-for-atonement zebras = 1st patsies' home PO loss since 1978.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back