PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about....

I don't think Sanders was on the field and Wilson missed the tackle down arounfd the 10-15. I am referring to the Db who slipped before the catch leaving COlbert open.

I am pretty sure it was either 26 or 36 who slipped on the TD pass.

So lets see ... it was either James Sanders or Eugene Wilson... and also it looked like "that guy who slipped" was not ready at the snap, I specificly remmeber looking at him at that particular play as he was almost looking the other way when the ball was snapped. (I thought to myself oh crap that guy is gonna be open and sure he was)

On that play, Gay was on Steve Smith. Richardson had Colbert. Richardson slipped and fell, allowing Colbert to get the burst he needed. Wilson couldn't get over in time and Sanders was the 1st guy who went flying by and missed Colbert's feet. Wilson was the second one just before Colbert got into the endzone. Harrison was also on the field, but he had Drew Carter short.

I don't think Sanders was on the field and Wilson missed the tackle down arounfd the 10-15. I am referring to the Db who slipped before the catch leaving COlbert open.

The DB who slipped was Richardson. However Wilson and Sanders were both on the field. As was Harrison. The Pats had their dime package out there, I believe.

I love hearing the words "Maroney" and "toss sweep" in the same sentence!

:rocker:

I hate to admit it, but I've been "being" Maroney in Madden 08 for about 3 days straight... against some of those humps, you can run him just fine inside... but I've gone to the house a few times on weak I power tosses and the like.

I really would love to see a Pats season shape up like one of those Madden games sometimes... basketball scores (on the offense's part) and all!

PFnV

One other thing--anyone else impressed at how both Cassel and Evans kept their cool on that broken play that still resulted in a TD? :)

I just want to openly apologize to Sammy Morris.. I said in another thread that I was virtually unimpressed with him and that he had done nothing to date that was impressive to me in his running ability...

For those who missed the game, he was knocking Carolina's defenders in the mouth and even if he was wrapped up, he was still getting extra yards. He was really working it last night, and I hope I see more of that this season... ( Hint, Sammy, keep on bringing it)

Welcome to the Patriots!! :)

On Maroney, I think he was doing alot of the cutbacks because defenders were already in "pat territory" and he was just trying to make a move... He's fast, I liked that play were he rushed to the outside for a first down... He started having better runs once he got with the flow and once he settled down to "play ball"..

Heath Evans ain't no joke, he had a very impressive night...

Loved Rodney's hit on Steve Smith... Too bad he was still able to hold onto the ball...

New receivers Stallworth and Welker looked pretty good with some good catches... I hope both have great years...(there on my fantasy football team:) )

I was worried at the start of the game, they just seemed to be "blah" and when BB challenged them on a 4th and 1, it was like a totally different team...

Good game!!

I just want to openly apologize to Sammy Morris.. I said in another thread that I was virtually unimpressed with him and that he had done nothing to date that was impressive to me in his running ability...

For those who missed the game, he was knocking Carolina's defenders in the mouth and even if he was wrapped up, he was still getting extra yards. He was really working it last night, and I hope I see more of that this season... ( Hint, Sammy, keep on bringing it)...

On Maroney, I think he was doing alot of the cutbacks because defenders were already in "pat territory" and he was just trying to make a move... He's fast, I liked that play were he rushed to the outside for a first down... He started having better runs once he got with the flow and once he settled down to "play ball"....

Heath Evans ain't no joke, he had a very impressive night...

One thing that deserves highlilghting, which you did in your post (I redacted to keep the quote short, and left out the other items,) is that the Pats' running game, by and large, showed a smashmouth mentality. Now we all know Maroney will dance on occasion, and we all notice it and get worried... but even he buckled down and took his 9 straight carries with perseverence and gusto.

The beauty of having that mentality among the backs is that the expected excellence of the receivers will not be the Pats' only dimension. One thing we'll not be cursed with during the BB era is a transformation into a "finesse" team that gets pushed around.

Good post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back