PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NOTHING is official: Goodell has made no statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Belichick blackmails the league, he will not be coach of the NEP by week's end. But yes, he might succeed in delaying or reducing the meting out of punishment on the pats. You must know a different Kraft family than I do.

I was commenting on the idea that the conclusions and the punishment have already been drawn up, without hearing the Pats' side. For example, if BB privately tells Goodell that he has boatloads of evidence of other teams do the same thing, and it would be "a shame" if that were to be released to say, the New York Times, for an investigative reporton cheating in the NFL, then maybe Goodell would temper his punishment and keep everything in house.

Jusyt saying that BB is not a dum-dum, nor is he easily manipulated. Let's see how he handles this with the league before jumping to media-driven conclusions.

Huh, thanks. Between ESPN and the thread on this board I had been lead to believe that the NFL had actually issued a statement.

I don't care if BB is classless and a cheater as long as he isn't an objectivist.

Cousins,
I think the worse slap we got today was from the NFL.Network and Mr. T. Davis who said now everyone of our SB wins are tainted. Wasn't a LB on his team and his wife, selling in a little bit of illegal substances when their Denver SB was won? Think he gave Davis a little taste? Should we start that rumor Mr. Davis?
Wasn't Denver the same team that preached to their O-Line that diving into the legs and knees of the opposing players with the purpose of inflicting injury a "competitive advantage" when T. Davis was getting all of his yards?
Let's see...... A stupid cameraman, or 300 lb lineman purposely trying to maim other NFL players. Say....Wasn't Mark Schlereth who is pounding on us hard on NFL Live, a member of that Denver Bronco team O-Line that wanted to hurt opposing players?
If Jackson thinks he was stuffed by BB, wait until Mr. Davis gets into the same room or Mark Schlereth!
Yikes!
DW Toys

If Belichick blackmails the league, he will not be coach of the NEP by week's end. But yes, he might succeed in delaying or reducing the meting out of punishment on the pats. You must know a different Kraft family than I do.

Blackmail, no. Sticking up for himself, yes. All he has to do is tell him the evidence he has--if he has any--and demand an investigation. The rest can be implied or explicit--it doesn'y matter.

And do you really believe that BB vould be cowed into leaving the Pats or be fired? Really? What in his history (and Kraft's statement today) makes you think this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes