PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not that bad for a rebuilding year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinielaBox

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Patriots lost Charlie Wiess and Romeo Crennel to HC opportunities.

Ted Johnson retired, Ty Law defected, Bruschi had has stroke.

We lost Harrison, Light, Koppen and others due to injuries.

Corey Dillon was not effective all year.

Others like Seymour and Kevin Faulk were in and out of the lineup.

That and we were presented with the toughest 1st half sked in the history of the NFL. We went 4 and 4.

We improved as a team to the point where we had hope of going back to the bowl. But guess what, it maybe Pittsburgh's time to shine or it could be Dnever's. I am thinking Carolina will get it this year because they are truly an outstanding team. I saw that in week 2.

Anyway, the Patriots will have more time to reload, we get Harrison back, I'd love to get Ty Law back here. Resign Seymour and keep adding through the draft. We need linebackers (Bobby Carpenter of Ohio St would be excellent), and secondary help. We are good and getting better on the lines. Brady can rely on a power running game next year.

Ben Watson is coming up star in this league. That was an all time hustle play on Champ Bailey's INT last night.

Last edited:
I don't think you'll find a Pats fan on here claiming we have something to be ashamed of.

Things are looking good for next season. We have a Jacksonville-esque schedule and Harrison & Co. returning from injuries. Another thing... Hobbs, Mankins, and Kaczur have a season under their belts. Let's hope they avoid the Randy Gay sophomore jinx.

Last edited:
QuinielaBox said:
The Patriots lost Charlie Wiess and Romeo Crennel to HC opportunities.

Ted Johnson retired, Ty Law defected, Bruschi had has stroke.

We lost Harrison, Light, Koppen and others due to injuries.

Corey Dillon was not effective all year.

Others like Seymour and Kevin Faulk were in and out of the lineup.

That and we were presented with the toughest 1st half sked in the history of the NFL. We went 4 and 4.

We improved as a team to the point where we had hope of going back to the bowl. But guess what, it maybe Pittsburgh's time to shine or it could be Dnever's. I am thinking Carolina will get it this year because they are truly an outstanding team. I saw that in week 2.

Anyway, the Patriots will have more time to reload, we get Harrison back, I'd love to get Ty Law back here. Resign Seymour and keep adding through the draft. We need linebackers (Bobby Carpenter of Ohio St would be excellent), and secondary help. We are good and getting better on the lines. Brady can rely on a power running game next year.

Ben Watson is coming up star in this league. That was an all time hustle play on Champ Bailey's INT last night.

I agree with everything you said except for bringing back Law. Unless he takes what we are willing to pay we should turn the page...and I think we will.

P.S. To make today perfect Mangini will turn down the Jets.

I totally agree

This was not suppose to be our year, and if it wasn't for those 5 turnovers we could have definetly made it look like it was. Now we have some big questions to answer and try to rebuild this team. We are probably gonna lose Mangini, but he can be replaced. Seymour worries me more then anyone, we need this guy in a pats uniform for the next 5 years. I think the draft can be a great help in adding a good runningback, a strong safety to learn under Harrison for a year, and a linebaker to add some youth to the squad.

RxJock1120 said:
This was not suppose to be our year, and if it wasn't for those 5 turnovers we could have definetly made it look like it was. Now we have some big questions to answer and try to rebuild this team. We are probably gonna lose Mangini, but he can be replaced. Seymour worries me more then anyone, we need this guy in a pats uniform for the next 5 years. I think the draft can be a great help in adding a good runningback, a strong safety to learn under Harrison for a year, and a linebaker to add some youth to the squad.

Frankly, if it wasn't for Bailey's pick we probably would have won. Risky throw that Brady usually won't try to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft