PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No matter what happens on Saturday vs Colts, it has been an amazing season

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...in the game against the Colts, it has been an amazing season for Pats followers . This team has shown a lot of character and resolve. Once we lost key players on D who would have thought this team would make the playoffs let alone winning the AFCE and securing the bye?

>Thanks to the Pats for a wonderful season, it will only get sweeter from here on, If we end up losing that would still be ok with me.

>Thanks to the Mods of this forum for doing a great job this year ,especially for keeping the trolls at bay. This is one of the very few NFL forums which is constantly updated with new material and is family friendly (Saints report and Cowboys zone are the only other forums which i can think of that provide a similar experience)

>Thanks to all the fellow posters (not trolls) for participating in healthy debates/arguments.

>To the trolls who stayed away- Thanks for hiding in your mothers basement.

>To the trolls who trolled -see you next season

I agree with you in the sense that it's great to see such heart and fight in this year's team, but I highly doubt that anyone outside of some pessimistic posters who give up on everything too easily, had the 2013 team not going to the playoffs at any point in time.

As much as your post makes tons of sense and shows great appreciation for this year's team, we all know that there is more fight left in them, and that they are just as tough as many of the other teams left in the postseason in some areas. The actual talent is obviously not there at some key positions, but the depth behind those missing starters was not too shabby either (for the most part). There aren't many teams in this league that would've finished at 12-4 and had the #2 seed.

Now let's see them man up and take advantage of this precious opportunity....forget about what happened in the past months. It's another shot at 3 games to glory.

I agree with everything that you said, but I for one am getting sick of so many hedging their bets around here.

This Colts team has an average at best offensive line, one good receiver and one good defensive player. Their defense got fire-bombed by Alex Smith and Dwayne Bowe. They gave up 44 points to the friggin Chiefs. Their defensive backs are absolutely hot garbage, their linebackers non descript and their run defense suspect.

Robert Mathis and Andrew Luck are being asked to do it by themselves. They will not. The Patriots are going to bludgeon the Colts Saturday night.

Ah reverse psychology. Well played, OP.

This quote sums it up nicely.

"Heck, things used to be so bad around here that in June 2001 a huge crowd turned out at City Hall Plaza to see Raymond Bourque hold aloft the Stanley Cup he helped win for the Colorado Avalanche. Think anyone will want to see Wes Welker bring home the Lombardi Trophy if the Broncos win the Super Bowl?"

The die hard fan that invest so much time into this team will always be disappointed after a playoff loss.

But after everything this team been thru with the Welker/Amendola situation, Hernandez arrest, and all the injuries that happened. Just to look back and see another 10+ win season, another division title, the fight this team shown all season, its probably the Patriots team I've been more proud of.

I don't take any on this for granted, unfortunately I think many casual people in this town do (AKA Globe sports writers)

I keep going back to what Brady said recently about the 2012 AFCCG vs BAL. He made a statement along the lines of the Ravens being the more physically and mentally tough team.

Injuries and talent aside, this team has demonstrated throughout the year that they are a very tough team. Always staying in games. Never giving in to making excuses. It's been pretty impressive and if it s another injury or if the ball bounces the wrong way, if the don't go all the way the 2013 Pats will go down in history as a pretty admirable bunch.

While I do have some worries here and there (outside WR threat, play-making at the TE position, fumbles, stopping the run, etc) with all that said, I firmly believe that this team can win the Super Bowl.

It won't be easy and thats where the mental toughness comes in. They can beat Indy. They can beat SD/DEN. While there are some incredibly strong teams in the NFC, I don't see any 85 Bears or 89 49ers-type teams. Its possible..

I keep going back to what Brady said recently about the 2012 AFCCG vs BAL. He made a statement along the lines of the Ravens being the more physically and mentally tough team.

Injuries and talent aside, this team has demonstrated throughout the year that they are a very tough team. Always staying in games. Never giving in to making excuses. It's been pretty impressive and if it s another injury or if the ball bounces the wrong way, if the don't go all the way the 2013 Pats will go down in history as a pretty admirable bunch.

While I do have some worries here and there (outside WR threat, play-making at the TE position, fumbles, stopping the run, etc) with all that said, I firmly believe that this team can win the Super Bowl.

It won't be easy and thats where the mental toughness comes in. They can beat Indy. They can beat SD/DEN. While there are some incredibly strong teams in the NFC, I don't see any 85 Bears or 89 49ers-type teams. Its possible..

yes we can

even with all the injuries this team still has more talent then the colts on both sides of the ball and should win,

the colts also lost there best player on offense and only have one good player on defense if the pats lose it wont be because of the injuries but because they just did not play good

This quote sums it up nicely.

"Heck, things used to be so bad around here that in June 2001 a huge crowd turned out at City Hall Plaza to see Raymond Bourque hold aloft the Stanley Cup he helped win for the Colorado Avalanche. Think anyone will want to see Wes Welker bring home the Lombardi Trophy if the Broncos win the Super Bowl?"

He might drop it.

Seriously, this game may come down to Butler or Vinatieri (will Branch even play?) being the whipping boys when its all said and done.

I used to like the funny "we're doomed" threads before games, but this "analyze the loss before we play" phenomenon leaves me cold.

I don't understand it. All I want to know right now is how we're going to win.

It's like your friend is having a dangerous operation and you say, no matter whether you die or not, I think you're a great guy.

What happens Saturday is a playoff against the Colts. What do we need to do to win?

That wasn't so hard, was it?

Silver linings are bull**** and Steve Buckley is from the "curse of the bambino" school of fairy tales instead of journalism.

Obituaries are nice, but better served cold, along with the corpse. Pats have a game to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents