PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Chung or Spikes at Practice 8-Nov-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxJock1120

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Along with Fletcher and a bunch of back-ups. Spikes we could deal without, but Chung misses this game, Sanchez is gonna look like Aaron Rodgers against our defense.

Chung isn't that great. EDIT: Spikes' absence will hurt much more than Chung's.

Last edited:
He's a lot better than anyone else we have. I would also expect Chung to perform a lot better with a better safety next to him. Basically someone with Meriweather's skillset plus a brain.

No question losing Chung hurts more than losing Spikes, as Guyton is a better LB than Brown is a S.

How can Fletcher miss this much time with a thumb injury. Did they amputate it, or something?

Last edited:

Hey tell me you are kidding, he looks like a HOF safety to me when I look at the other names we have in our backfield :eek:

Yes, the replacement is the issue.

If Fletcher replaces Spikes, we will do OK, with some definite loss.

Starting Brown and Ihedigbo at safety is another matter entirely.

Hey tell me you are kidding, he looks like a HOF safety to me when I look at the other names we have in our backfield :eek:

I'm not worried about Chung yet. One practice during the week isn't a big deal. More will be worrisome.

I think Chung is important because the biggest key to stop the Jets' offense is shutting down Keller. He is Sanchez's best receiver this year.

How can Fletcher miss this much time with a thumb injury. Did they amputate it, or something?

I was just thinking the same thing. How long could a thumb injury keep a guy out, unless ofcoarse there is no more to the injury than we know.

I'm not worried about Chung yet. One practice during the week isn't a big deal. More will be worrisome.

I think Chung is important because the biggest key to stop the Jets' offense is shutting down Keller. He is Sanchez's best receiver this year.

His best receiver? Why do you talk out of your ass? And save me your spinning and skewing of the stats, I'm well aware of what Keller is putting up statistically, but you are intimating that the Jets don't have any other weapons, and that is asinine.

The Jets are a balanced offense, the numbers may not compare to some teams, but that's because they run the ball more. 3 of the 4 top WR's on the roster this year weren't with the team last year, there have been growing pains, transition, learning of the system, timing with Sanchez, and chemistry that has had to be gained with no off-season and the lockout.

The last several weeks though, Burress has emerged, has his football legs under him, and the passing game is improving, chemistry and timing have improved, along with the running game.

BTW, IMO, Spikes out could have a bigger impact on the Pats. I thought he provided a presence at LB against the run game. With the Jets shifting back to a balanced attack, emphasizing the running game, being physical on offense, and knowing that they will want to control the LOS, the Spikes loss would hurt more.

Last edited:

It's not so much a matter of Chung being great as who's behind him. Do you want to see Sergio Brown starting? Me either.

I was just thinking the same thing. How long could a thumb injury keep a guy out, unless ofcoarse there is no more to the injury than we know.

I hear the real reason Fletcher hasn't been back yet is not just the thumb problem....but also a hangnail that hurts like the ****ens :rolleyes:

His best receiver? Why do you talk out of your ass? And save me your spinning and skewing of the stats, I'm well aware of what Keller is putting up statistically, but you are intimating that the Jets don't have any other weapons, and that is asinine.

The Jets are a balanced offense, the numbers may not compare to some teams, but that's because they run the ball more. 3 of the 4 top WR's on the roster this year weren't with the team last year, there have been growing pains, transition, learning of the system, timing with Sanchez, and chemistry that has had to be gained with no off-season and the lockout.

The last several weeks though, Burress has emerged, has his football legs under him, and the passing game is improving, chemistry and timing have improved, along with the running game.

Holmes is better than Keller, but Sanchez has clearly gone to Keller a lot more this year. That's an objective fact, no need to freak out over it.

Holmes is better than Keller, but Sanchez has clearly gone to Keller a lot more this year. That's an objective fact, no need to freak out over it.

My point is, the Jets have weapons other than Keller. As mentioned, 3 of the 4 top WR's on the roster this year have had to learn the offense, gain chemistry with Sanchez, in players like Kerley, going through growing pains, or in the case of Burress, get back into football shape after being off for two years. The offense is now performing at a pretty high level with the potential to be even better.

My point is, the Jets have weapons other than Keller. As mentioned, 3 of the 4 top WR's on the roster this year have had to learn the offense, gain chemistry with Sanchez, in players like Kerley, going through growing pains, or in the case of Burress, get back into football shape after being off for two years. The offense is now performing at a pretty high level with the potential to be even better.

Pretty sure nobody said otherwise.

Chung make our backfield serviceable if he's not there the Jets will put up 50 on us mark it down. A Chungless backfiled will make Sanchez look like Tom Brady of old...could be avery long night for the Patriots Defense!

Chung is one of the most overrated players on the Patriots. I'm not sure if it's from the media love he gets or all the delusional people that want him to be Rodney.

Wow..if both of these guys miss....jets could put up 40...

Chung is one of the most overrated players on the Patriots. I'm not sure if it's from the media love he gets or all the delusional people that want him to be Rodney.

Actually it'd neither! It's the prospect of having James Inghebo and Sergio Brown start at safety that make Chung all that more attractive.

Your offense is performing at a high level because you've been able to get the running game going at a high level, or at a high enough level to make it a threat. You've done this going against some weaker run defenses in the last three games. Not sure you're going to be able to set that up against our D-Line the way you have against the likes of the Dolphins and the Bills. Sanchez should be able to light us up through the air, but the running game shouldn't be as successful.

Will give them until Friday, sometimes they miraculously heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes