PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No 1 pm Home Games...until CHRISTMAS EVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll be 14 hours ahead for most of these season (after DST ends). To me it's better to watch a game that starts at 5 or 6 AM rather than 1 or 2 AM, and the night games are perfect. Depends on your school schedule, of course. That being said, I remember in college that I would have rather stayed awake until 5 than get up at 6.

I doubt primetime games will work well with my class schedule, they'd start at like 10am and end at 1 or later, I'm sure I'd be in class by then (I'd watch the game in class though....or maybe just skip class). I'm not sure if I'm gonna wake up right before the game or stay up through the game then sleep, I guess that depends on my class schedule too.

Last edited:
...and then they have another on January 1st. Only four 1:00 pm games overall. Does this seem weird? It's going to be an irritating year with all of the Dinner time games and late nights! That must be the price of success, but I still don't much like it.

YES!!!!!!!! Looks like sleep deprivation is going to be severely reduced this year. With a 12-hour time shift, this is such a blessing, I can't begin to tell ya.

:rocker:

When I used to go to every game (pre kids), my preferred kickoff was 4 pm for a variety of reasons. A. with a 4 pm kick, the lots opened at noon (or 1, can't remember) and I wouldn't have to get up, get ready, etc., until 10:30 or so to leave by 11:30 and get to the stadium for a full tailgate. This left open the door for heavy Saturday night drinking and partying, affording me the ability to sleep off the night's imbibing. With 1 pm kicks, going out the night before was an extreme rarity.
For road games it didn't matter back then, but I certainly preferred a 1 or 4 kick because my friends and i all got together to watch the game at one of our houses and then we'd hit the bars after the game and we'd catch the later games at the bar. Night games were ok, but you really weren't able to hit the bars after for more than an hour or so. Never cared much for watching the game at the bar.
Now that I'm older and have two kids (6 & 3), it's very hard to watch a game when they're awake. they're both not napping anymore, and I know some guys' wives take the kids out during football games so their husbands can watch the games in peace, but that's not the case with me! :( Watching a football game live is a three hour time commitment, and for most of us with young kids that's an unreasonable chunk of the day. So, thank God for the DVR. For 1 pm kicks, I'll DVR and start watching around 2:30 or 3:00 and the whole game watching experience is down to about an hour.
4 pm kicks aren't as tough as the 1 pm kicks because typically the kids are winding down around 5 ish, so I'll start watching the game on DVR around 5 (sometimes at reg speed without ffw through all the down time between plays so I actually get some of the game watching experience back).
I'll have the game on while I get supper ready and it'll be on when we eat. The game will be ending right around the time we start the kids' bed time routine around 7:15 or 7:30.
Night games are usually not a problem and I might actually enjoy a few beverages while I'm watching the game live. Last year's Monday night game in Miami was one of the first times I'd drank beers and watched a game in my own home in a long time.
The last non-night game I watched at regular speed (in peace, sans kids/wife :D) was the Cassell game in Oakland from 2008...
Well, here's to playing football in 2011...

...and then they have another on January 1st. Only four 1:00 pm games overall. Does this seem weird? It's going to be an irritating year with all of the Dinner time games and late nights! That must be the price of success, but I still don't much like it.

i love love love the 4pm games.

I guess Im in the minority, I love the late games, frees up most of sunday for golf and yard work

I agree with you man. I hate the 1 pm games. Too early to start drinking (although that never really stops me) and screws up the whole day to get anything done if I want to really lock in on the game and jam away at the in-game thread here at Patsfans.com. The only games I really hate are the Sunday nighters which make Monday mornings a huge challenge. Let the JV teams have the 1 pm games and the varsity play at 4 pm or on Monday Night!

I'm just hoping we have some Patriot football to watch this season.

I'm just hoping we have some Patriot football to watch this season.

This. I honestly won't care about the NFL (Ok maybe the draft) until a new CBA. And when it's back, I will be annoyed that the Pats have a majority of the late games.

That must be the price of success, but I still don't much like it.

For every miserable Bertil, there's a relatively happy out-of-town "media pauper" :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News