PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick McDonald story

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one terrific story.

In the middle of all the mail-it-in "Why is Tom Brady so great"/"Tom Brady isn't everything he's cracked up to be" opinion pieces that are wasting our time this week, ESPN has had some outstanding background stories on lesser-known players.

Mike Reiss's "Football Journey" with Brian Ferentz is great too, since the assistant coaches almost never get a mention.

Football journey: Brian Ferentz - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I didn't know that Ferentz had played for his father and had two seasons as an undrafted free agent trying to make it in the NFL. He sounds like a very solid guy whom the Patriots are lucky to have working for them.

Last edited:
Now see, that's the sort of stories the press OUGHT to be writing this week. It's the sort of story that those who are even marginally interested in football OUGHT to hear about, because it speaks to who we really are as a nation.

We care about each other, and we CAN take care of each other, and rejoice in each other's success.

Thanks for the link, nabwong. I would've missed this otherwise. :rocker:

Great story.

May Nick McDonald have a great, long NFL career.

That is one terrific story.

In the middle of all the mail-it-in "Why is Tom Brady so great"/"Tom Brady isn't everything he's cracked up to be" opinion pieces that are wasting our time this week, ESPN has had some outstanding background stories on lesser-known players.

Mike Reiss's "Football Journey" with Brian Ferentz is great too, since the assistant coaches almost never get a mention.

Football journey: Brian Ferentz - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I didn't know that Ferentz had played for his father and had two seasons as an undrafted free agent trying to make it in the NFL. He sounds like a very solid guy whom the Patriots are lucky to have working for them.

In the bank: Brian Ferentz will be an NFL HC someday.

This picture needs to be posted here. It's Nick McDonald and his goddaughter:
nfl_e_nmack2_sy_600.jpg

Im rooting for this kid....what a story...my eyes are itchy, have to wipe them a bit now....

I won't bet against it.

What comes across most to me in that story is how much he loves football and how happy he is to be able to make it his career. Whatever the opposite is of "hard-bitten and cynical".

Paging Sandra Bullock...

But what a great story. I also have a deep admiration for the selflessness this type of act requires. It's something we could use more of these days.

Last edited:

Good story on Ferentz. One thing that Reiss should've mentioned was Brian Ferentz's connection to New England. He lived in Maine as a kid while his father was head coach of the Black Bears for a few years.

McDonald's story is a good one, props given to Gale Joseph not too many single moms with daughters would have taken the risk that she did.

Wow..... talk about making lemonade out of lemons. What a great story.

I have to say that ESPN has had some really fantastic articles this week.. It's a welcome change from the BS they usually post..

Guys thanks for posting these wonderful stories. It's the only media produced stuff I've read. TV has been OFF and will remain so until just before the game.

Guys thanks for posting these wonderful stories. It's the only media produced stuff I've read. TV has been OFF and will remain so until just before the game.

You're more than welcome -- have a wonderful day and enjoy the game. :eat2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes