PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN:Top 10 Brady/Manning Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2 2003 AFCCG

#2 2003 AFCCG...Cant believe they dont have the 2004 regular season game.

I kind of hope when they retire they make some type of compilation of all their games. I'd really like to own something like that.

While the 2006 was a great game (minus the pumped in crowd noise, crappy calls, and a flu-ridden team), I don't think it's #1.

The 2013 or 2003 regular season games should be the top spot in my opinion.

#1 2006 AFCCG...not surprising

Lol at Curran

Love curran. Says he is not surprised you guys find ways to throw bouquets at manning.

Its hard for me to even watch the highlights of this game

Curran...hilarious.

Thats a ****ing joke....

So painful we didn't get at least 1 Superbowl from 2006-2008

#8 2013 AGCCG ?? This is a crap list. Wasnt that great a game

There are only 5 possible games that don't make the list, it's a top 10 of 15 total outings. Funny that 2/3's if them will be NE winning but it's an awful subject to make a top 10 show when you're basically choosing from barely over 10.

The "best of the rest" category is going to list the remaining 5 games anyways, what's the point?

#1 and 2 will be 2013 regular season and 2006 AFCCG with the Manning victory being #1. Manning favoritism + higher implications and it led to his only SB.

Edit: I was too slow typing.

Can't believe that one of the biggest 2nd half comebacks in NFL history wasnt #1 or #2.

BradyManning.jpg

Put their history into a table to see how things panned out. Key take away for me, aside from Brady having the 10-5 edge over Manning, is that the home team will generally win. This makes me more confident for this Sunday's game.

This also recalled to me the stretch in 2005-2006 when Manning ran up three straight wins. It was painful.

Finally, I will take Tom's numbers any day. What is awesome about him is how careful he is generally with the ball. In these match ups, he went without an INT in 8 games. Manning only managed that 3 times.

4th and 2 :( Still convinced Faulk got over the 1st down marker.

Because it was a first down... When Faulk first makes contact with the ball he's around the 31, but bobbles it. He then clearly has possession of the ball with forward progress around the 30.5 yard line which was 1/2 a yard past the line to make. Patriots got shafted.

maxresdefault.jpg

the top 10 are the 10 Pats wins
the bottom 5 are the 5 Pats losses

BradyManning2.jpg

Took a look at the top 5 receivers in yards for each of them over the years. Brady has had to work with lower draft picks as well as with more receiver changes. Manning generally had the same core set of receivers from year to year.

Shameless plug... here's a list of all 15 previous meetings.

3. 2004 playoff game - Pats 20, Colts 3
The Manning faces at being so shut down after having set the NFL record for touchdown passes were priceless.

And then the next week they hung 43 points on the best defense in the league. Football reality doesn't apply to the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST