PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL will stop game for Manning record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Growing up, I was like any other kid, fantasizing about being a legendary NFL quarterback and imagining dramatic scenarios in my backyard with the Nerf.

You know how the dream goes...it's a meaningless regular season game, and on the first series it's 3rd and 8 and you throw a four yard check down pass. The admiring crowd (though they also hate you for choking in every big moment) golf claps for your career statistical milestone, all while you playfully engage in a pre-choreographed game of keep away with teammates who you've let down and will always let down when it matters.

Man, I miss being a kid and having dreams like that.

Last edited:
A ceremonial disruption of the game upsets the flow of the contest and therefore interferes with the integrity of the game. Will the league test air pressure after the ball is removed from the game to certify the record breaking performance was legitimate? Will CBS go to an immediate commercial break where Papa John will introduce their new Record Breaking Pizza......featuring artiCHOKES and their new One'n'Done sauce.
Will Roger and Archie be making out on the sidelines while CBS goes to split screen showing the hoisting of the newest banner at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy.....Greatest Regular Season QB Once Played Here before We Tanked a Season?

So many questions

Last edited:
My hope is that he throws a 4 yard slant on 3 and long.

So he gets his record as the defense has to come on to the field to bail him out.

Based on their current numbers and reasonable projections, Brady will pass Manning in about 4 years. We know Brady plays for the rings but he's going to pass Manning in all the personal stats too, barring injury. Funny thing is the NFL has almost mandated it by the false accusations which will make TB12 more desirous of locking his legacy in stone.

I somehow don't think Tom breaks this soon to be Manning record and I could not care less.

Wonder if papa johns bought rights to the crawl during the ceremony.

It's only good if there's a scripted "spontaneous" keep away scenario.

I somehow don't think Tom breaks this soon to be Manning record and I could not care less.
Manning has 71,836. Brady has 55,967.

Difference = 15,869.

Assumption is Manning retires after this year. Brady is outproducing Manning this year but assume the difference now = difference after this year, a low end estimate of 4,000 yards per year means Brady breaks it in 4 years.

Unless Manning plays a few more years or TB12 falls flat soon, it's almost a certainty, barring injury, he passes him. I wouldn't have cared before the NFL went after him. Now I want him sitting atop every possible record.

Red meat for PatsFans......

""Via Adam Schefter: The NFL has instructed officials to stop Denver-Kansas City game when Peyton Manning breaks passing yardage record, likely on first completion. There then will be time for teammates to congratulate him, for a PA announcement to be made and for the ball to be given to a rep from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Broncos executive John Elway pushed for immediate acknowledgment of the record, and the league granted his wish."" ESPN (network of liars)

A well choreographed display of spontaneity ............gut-wrenching. (Brady tosses 6 TDs today....book it)

Doesn't Schefter mean "...and for a wounded duck to be given to a rep from the Pro Football Hall of Fame"?

Manning Duck.jpg

What is most important is that Goodell hands the Lombardi over to Kraft this year. Tom gets another ring...

Difference = 15,869.

Assumption is Manning retires after this year. Brady is outproducing Manning this year but assume the difference now = difference after this year, a low end estimate of 4,000 yards per year means Brady breaks it in 4 years.

Unless Manning plays a few more years or TB12 falls flat soon, it's almost a certainty, barring injury, he passes him. I wouldn't have cared before the NFL went after him. Now I want him sitting atop every possible record.
Pretty much totally agree. After all the nonsense, I want Brady to own everything.

What would be great is if he breaks the record by a yard and then throws a WR screen that loses yardage so that Favre is ahead again then on 3rd down throws a pick and has to wait to break the record again.

and we can stop the game again
and again
:)

This is exactly what I was thinking when this headline came up. If he breaks the same record twice, which ball is the legitimate record-breaking ball? What a great asterisk to have next to his record.

I understand from sources that as the game is stopped in Denver, the Colts will simultaneously raise a banner - "Current Career Passing Yardage Leader Once Played Here".

Red meat for PatsFans......

""Via Adam Schefter: The NFL has instructed officials to stop Denver-Kansas City game when Peyton Manning breaks passing yardage record, likely on first completion. There then will be time for teammates to congratulate him, for a PA announcement to be made and for the ball to be given to a rep from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Broncos executive John Elway pushed for immediate acknowledgment of the record, and the league granted his wish."" ESPN (network of liars)

A well choreographed display of spontaneity ............gut-wrenching. (Brady tosses 6 TDs today....book it)

i think it appropriate to stop the game. it is a big record. After all, it is why Manning is still playing...to break records (minus superbowl wins)

Difference = 15,869.

This is true, but rumors of Brees's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Brees is 36 and might have more remaining passing attempts than TB12.

Does anyone have a calculation of the positive yards manning has thrown MINUS the negative yards (interceptions) vs Brady? I'd be willing to bet that the difference is a lot closer.

Manning has about 250 interceptions. Brady has about 150.

What is most important is that Goodell hands the Lombardi over to Kraft this year. Tom gets another ring...
Well, it was Kurt Warner who handed it over back in Feb. if memory serves me correct. I think it's Marshmello Faux's turn this year, isn't it? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST