PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Lions at Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why no one would give us a chance. Our offense is as good, and there defense is no better than ours.
Not a lock doesnt mean no one gives us a chance.

Iam sure some will but i think both saints and GB will be favored at least by a TD or more.Depends really how dominant the teams move through the playoffs.

Last edited:
If the Saints get by SF. They are not getting by GB in GB in the winter...

Has Drew Breezy ever won a game in the cold, or game that it was snowing in????

GB might not beat the giants. Who knows...

Iam sure some will but i think both saints and GB will be favored at least by a TD or more.Depends really how dominant the teams move through the playoffs.

Great point. If the G-Men get by the Falcons, I could see them taking down the Packers. That is a team who I am confident can play in cold weather..

Man, I love the NFL...

EDIT: Er' I was responding to this SVN..

GB might not beat the giants. Who knows...

Last edited:
Interesting game for sure Detroits DB's suck and they have no pass rush.

412yds 626yds =1038 total yds in the game.

New era y'all. Get in line.

Outside of this board, people don't think the Patriots are a sham and really suck.
There is no reason the spread between the Pats and Saints would be more than 3 in either direction.
The Saints were a 10 point favorite at home against the 6th seed, first time in the playoffs in forever Lions. They wouldn't be a TD or more vs us.

412yds 626yds =1038 total yds in the game.

New era y'all. Get in line.

Wait til a few years when they change the rule to you cant hit a reciever until after he catches the ball and takes a step. Thats where we are headed.

Saints went for the win. They went for the 4th down everytime they were short. SF will get blown away by the saints. Even if the SF defense plays stout like a top rated defense should, Saints will lay atleast 4 touch downs on them. SF offense is not capable of putting that many points on this team.

If Patriots get to the SB to meet Saints - I hate to say this, we will not be able to keep up with them. Has Brees ever lost against Brady?

Come on man, Our DB's are no where as badly coached as the Lions..

Emphasis on coached...

Teams as dominant on offense like the Saints can make ANY secondary look horrid on any given week no matter who the coach is.....no pass rush usually spells doom against teams like the Saints,Pats and Packers.

Our DBs don't turn around to the ball often enough,that's something coaching technique is hard to get into the brains of a player when it's all natural instinct,McCourty in particular has had that problem all season.....proper reaction to the routes and looking for the ball as if the pass is supposed to go to YOU and not the WR is what separates great secondaries from average to below average ones.

The thing is,is that there are no great secondaries this year...only bad,average and slightly above average secondaries.

Last edited:
Saints went for the win. They went for the 4th down everytime they were short. SF will get blown away by the saints. Even if the SF defense plays stout like a top rated defense should, Saints will lay atleast 4 touch downs on them. SF offense is not capable of putting that many points on this team.

If Patriots get to the SB to meet Saints - I hate to say this, we will not be able to keep up with them. Has Brees ever lost against Brady?

Has Brees ever won a playoff game outside? No the goddamn superbowl doesn't count.

Teams as dominant on offense like the Saints can make ANY secondary look horrid on any given week no matter who the coach is.....no pass rush usually spells doom against teams like the Saints,Pats and Packers.

Our DBs don't turn around to the ball often enough,that's something coaching technique is hard to get into the brains of a player when it's all natural instinct,McCourty in particular has had that problem all season.

Re: the bolded. Ugh, how frustrating is that??? Drives me nuts..

Now in regards to the whole of your post..

Listen do I think are DB's are great, no. But they are at the very least in position to make play. Now sadly that play is a PI, not turning there head allowing the catch or a combination of both.

But at the very least our DB's are there. Honestly how many plays can you refer to as a open TD where there was no DB close(excluding redzone, more big play)?

And how many plays when the opposing team makes a catch(which is a lot) Do you not see at least see 2 guys hitting him after the catch..

Listen our D is what it is, and it is not not as bad as what the Lions where tonight. But then on the other hand we have not faced a Drew Breezy or a A-Rod. so who knows..

All I am saying is at the very least the Pats D would put up a better fight againts the Saints then the Lions Did.

Either way we would have to make it to the SB to see what the Pats D would do againts the Pack, Saints or who ever. And that is going to be a challenge...

Last edited:
Honestly, I think the defense in the NFL is basically non-existent. You either have one or you don't. I don't think the Lions have a great defense regardless. Did you see them play last week? I wasn't very overly impressed with NO even though they won. I didn't see the game live, but it didn't seem like they dominated the game until the 4th quarter. IDK how far they are going to get if they have to play two more games in the cold.

Last edited:
Interesting game for sure Detroits DB's suck and they have no pass rush.

Come on man, Our DB's are no where as badly coached as the Lions..

Emphasis on coached...

New Orleans last 4 games at home:

Take the weapons they have and put them on turf, and it's like watching the 2001 Rams dismantling teams and making even excellent defenses look bad.

New Orleans last 4 games at home:

Take the weapons they have and put them on turf, and it's like watching the 2001 Rams dismantling teams and making even excellent defenses look bad.

Yikes, who was the team that held the Saints to 31? I really do not want the Pats play the Saints in Indy.

But that is looking way to far ahead. The Pats are likely going to have to face the Steelers and Ravens to get to Indy. Once again YIKES..

Ugh, no if, ands, or buts, the Pats are under dogs to win the SB..

Wow, those are some crazy points totals for the Saints at home..

Our DBs don't turn around to the ball often enough,that's something coaching technique is hard to get into the brains of a player when it's all natural instinct,McCourty in particular has had that problem all season.....proper reaction to the routes and looking for the ball as if the pass is supposed to go to YOU and not the WR is what separates great secondaries from average to below average ones.

The thing is,is that there are no great secondaries this year...only bad,average and slightly above average secondaries.

N.O.'s offense is the real deal. But I don't see them putting up 4 TD's on that SF D. A Top notch offense going up against a top notch defense.This game has classic written all over it.

Last edited:
N.O.'s offense is the real deal. But I don't see them putting up 4 TD's on that SF D. A Top notch offense going up against a top notch defense.This game has classic written all over it.

Yeah, next week is going to have great games. We will see if offense will win out. NO/SF, Probably NE/Pitts and probably NY/GB. Honestly, if I had to pick one game, I would think the Saints would be on upset alert big time.

Wait til a few years when they change the rule to you cant hit a reciever until after he catches the ball and takes a step. Thats where we are headed.

Seriously the NFL is getting silly now. I like 24-13 games or 20-17.. but 45-31 games happen all the time now.. to me its not as fun to watch. The competition comity has to do something about the NFL offensive dominance.

There modern day gladiators.. lets not get carried away with protecting them they make millions of dollars to take and dish out bone crushing hits. They sign the contract they know the risks.

I am a pats fan so the rules benefit us more often than not .. I am not jealous of other teams

Yikes, who was the team that held the Saints to 31? I really do not want the Pats play the Saints in Indy.

But that is looking way to far ahead. The Pats are likely going to have to face the Steelers and Ravens to get to Indy. Once again YIKES..

Ugh, no if, ands, or buts, the Pats are under dogs to win the SB..

Wow, those are some crazy points totals for the Saints at home..

Coincidentally enough, the 31 was by the Lions. The lowest point total put up by the Saints at home this year was 27, and that was the only time they scored less than 30. (the 4 games I hadn't listed earlier produced 30,40,62 and 27 point outputs).

They seem to be much less formidable on the road, and were held in the 20's in 5 of 8 games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back