PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Falcons at Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ****** Sunday Wild Card Games ******

The real playoffs start next week....

One thing I'm noticing about Ryan is he does not want to take a hit. No excuse for not getting out there.

I was actually laughing out loud at that play. He wanted nothing to do with that defender, froze, and went down. Gained a couple of extra yards when he rolled after falling on himself.

The most important difference is that Caserio does not have final say over the roster; Bill Belichick does.

The reason that matters is that, just as the Pats cannot prohibit their coaches from interviewing for HC positions, they cannot prevent Caserio from interviewing for positions where he would have final say over a roster.

i understand that, so what is that called, the final say? is that GM? so BB is our HC and our GM???

Caserio is president of player personnel, how is that different from what a VP does (who IS our VP)?

I was actually laughing out loud at that play. He wanted nothing to do with that defender, froze, and went down. Gained a couple of extra yards when he rolled after falling on himself.

seemed to me like he tripped while trying to juke the defender on his way

The Giants beat the Patriots during the season and have been playing well of late. People here are making the mistake of taking questionable things and assuming they mean a team sucks. The Patriots make questionable decisions, too.

seemed to me like he tripped while trying to juke the defender on his way

That was his juke?

The Giants beat the Patriots during the season and have been playing well of late. People here are making the mistake of taking questionable things and assuming they mean a team sucks. The Patriots make questionable decisions, too.

No doubt. But the patriots make these decisions with clear goals in mind. That's the difference.

No doubt. But the patriots make these decisions with clear goals in mind. That's the difference.

Incorrect. The Patriots have a better QB. That's the difference.

Last edited:

I am calling it right now, the giants will upset the packers. See them in the NFCG

Surprised that the Falcon D has been able to hold up.

This looks more like an NFL Playoff game and not the college stuff we watched yesterday.

Comeon Fox, commercials galore.

Incorrect. The Patriots have a better QB. That's the difference.

Hence, the goal is clear.

Hence, the goal is clear.

The goal is clear for all of them. Brady's simply the best at executing.

i understand that, so what is that called, the final say? is that GM? so BB is our HC and our GM???

Caserio is president of player personnel, how is that different from what a VP does (who IS our VP)?

BB is technically the GM and I dont believe there is a vice president

The goal is clear for all of them. Brady's simply the best at executing.

I disagree. The goal was not clear for the falcons during the last 1 min of the 2nd quarter. Either the coach didn't tell the QB what they were doing, or the QB didn't tell the players what they were doing (either going down the field or running out the clock), so there was lots of confusion.

I'm so damn sick of seeing that moron avoid a sure sack.

For all intents and purposes, yes.

Doesn't matter what title we bestow on Caserio. Pioli was never GM, he was VP of player personnel. He was hired by and reported to Bill. In KC he has total football ops control, he hires the HC. Still reported to BB. Caserio is Director of player personnel. Reports to BB. We don't have a VP on the FO staff at the moment. Just like we don't have a DC, even though someone surely coordinates our D... Caserio is essentially doing the same job Pioli did. Reese has the convenient title of senior assistant. He handles contract negotiations, something Pioli used to also do although they always had a lawyer on staff who handles the fine print. The Pats wanted to take advantage of Floyd's availability to lighten the load on Caserio out of the gate and let him focus on scouting draft picks and veteran personnel the team could target in trades or FA.

Bill is simply a HC with total control of football ops, essentially HC and GM. As is Shanny in Washington. As is Scott in KC. As was Holmgren in Seattle before the owner took his GM powers away (after which he left as Bill would if that ever happened here...).

these receivers always want a flag ... geez

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3