PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 7 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
goodell4-500x400.jpg
"You guys just don't get it, that was a fantastic game. I understand the fans are brain dead but, if they were smart they'd realize how great that game was. "

I watched today, but that was a rarity. I'll catch Houston-Denver on the radio since I am in central Texas, but I will not monitor the Titans-Jags at all.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe anything can happen on Thursday. It's gotta be a must watch.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe anything can happen on Thursday. It's gotta be a must watch.

I think that is only on the Big Bang Theory.

On another note, Haushka is one of the kickers that was mentioned in that Gostkowski article that winds their body and gets more torque. And he shanked it!

Tonight's game was a shining example of why the new OT rules suck.

It was a shining example of more than that. This game is every fan's nightmare come true. The Goodelization of the league is complete. Pay exorbitant fees across all platforms for a product that is clearly 1/1000th of what it was just a scant ten years ago.

There was a member here named SB XXXIV until a few years ago. He vehemently defended Goodell on every issue that came up and repeatedly mocked every/anybody that raised valid questions about Goodell, his integrity and the future of this league. He had many supporters here, including members of long standing whose eyes have since been opened.

My point is, Goodell has NEVER been a good thing for us, the fans or the future of the NFL. His selection stunk of corruption from the very first day he was selected by the owners after a number of contentious ballots. He is now what he has always been, a compliant little soldier in the Billionaires Army. He is an incredibly dull witted,inconsiderate, insulated misanthrope with a complete inability to recognize his own vast shortcomings.

Last edited:
Why? How would it have been different with the old rules?

Cardinals win with their FG in OT

Instead:

First FG gives opponent chance to tie/win, with the added luxury of knowing that every series is a 4 down series.

Second FG just ties up game, thus sending the game into sudden death OT a/k/a the way it used to, and still should, be, BUT

There is now less time to actually get a score, because you've used up a significant portion of the OT getting the 2 FGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes