PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline: November 3rd 4 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see any reason why Detroit would trade Slay. He has a $1.7M cap hit in 2016 and is only 25 years old.

I don't think Detroit views themselves as needing to rebuild I think they believe they can contend in 2016 with some minor changes.

Is firing Caldwell a minor change?

If we get both McCourty's together, will one be able to change into an animal, and the other into a ice/water based object? That could be useful.

A first is too much. A first gets you a player who you want to be a big time player for you for a handful of years. Trading that for a 32(?) year old LT is too much, regardless of his track record.

He's 4 yrs older than Solder. He's not 32.

and of course we dont have a 1st anymore, thanks to goodell and kraft.
still waiting for the apology.

But remember, it's ok because we love that we are "In everyone's head, we win before we even take the field! This is so AMAZING!!!!!"

I'll never get over those picks.

PFT rumor says that broncos offering a FIRST for Thomas. truly it's SB or bust for them

edit: getting my LT mixed up

we love that we are "In everyone's head, we win before we even take the field! This is so AMAZING!!!!!"

We really are though and its pretty comical.

PFT rumor says that broncos offering a FIRST for Staley. truly it's SB or bust for them

Well this is likely their last shot. A lot of up coming contracts and Manning will only get worse.

Good point. Seen through that light, the deal doesn't really make any sense at all… It doesn't seem as if they're saving much money either. Strange.

I came across this quote when reading about comp picks and it's just mind boggling.

“Relying on compensatory picks is a bad strategy,” former Philadelphia Eagles president Joe Banner told King, “unless you prove you can draft pretty well in rounds four through seven. Ozzie surely has proven that. But there are some teams out there that struggle to pick well in rounds one and two. Baltimore’s proven the worth of it because when they lose guys, they have players ready to step in—and some of these, obviously, come from compensatory picks.”​

So basically, "We suck at drafting so why try?" Are you kidding me? We can't draft in rounds 4-7 so let's treat FREE PICKS as things to be given away like bobblehead dolls?

If this is the competition, no wonder Bill and the half dozen or so competently run teams dominate every year without breaking a sweat.

He's 4 yrs older than Solder. He's not 32.

Wasn't too far off though. He's 31 in one month. If Denver is going for broke, then I could see it. Its a perfect storm for Cleveland if that's true. They should do that deal.

Unlike others I'm not as concerned with the OL. I think now that Vollmer has made the move to LT he will remain there so Cannon will play RT. As much as I would love to have a healthy Solder for depth purposes I think it is possible Vollmer at LT and Cannon at RT could be as good or even better than Solder at LT and Cannon at RT.
And what happend if Vollmer goes down? Think about that one, Im sure a CB would be nice, but LT is close to a must have.

PFT rumor says that broncos offering a FIRST for Thomas. truly it's SB or bust for them

Peyton is definitely retiring after this year.

Wasn't too far off though. He's 31 in one month. If Denver is going for broke, then I could see it. Its a perfect storm for Cleveland if that's true. They should do that deal.

Who's this year's Johnny Manziel that they can blow it on? Cardale Jones?

After what we did with Akeem Ayers I don't think the Titans will be interested in trading with us for the foreseeable future.

I agree with you that they should accept the first round pick, but there's also reason to believe that he can be quite effective for another 3-4 years (IMO). I mean, he's the same age as Revis who just set the market for a position that requires an insane amount of athleticism.

Even 80% of what Thomas was is still good enough to be in the top 10 franchise protecting tackles, and I don't think you'd have to start to worry for at least another couple of years.

Who's this year's Johnny Manziel that they can blow it on? Cardale Jones?

I think Jones was currently projected somewhere in the 3rd round range, and after his shoddy play this year, that may drop even more.

I think the Broncos offering a 1st rounder for Joe Thomas is fabricated. Any moron would take that deal in a heart beat. Cleveland is clearly still rebuilding (LOL) and extra 1st rounders are gold in this league for many, many obvious reasons.

And apparently as of right now they are out on him because Browns want more than a 1st.

Peyton is definitely retiring after this year.

wouldn't be surpised if he told the whole team already...you know, "win it for peyton" just like ray lewis went out a few years ago. that ravens super bowl still makes me sick to my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick