PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline: November 3rd 4 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how Jmac could even fit under the cap in future years. Because Pats need that money for Collins, Chandler, and Hightower don't they?

@PatsFans: According to 98.5 it appears Jason McCourty is coming to New England via a trade. He'll join his brother Devin in the Pats' secondary.

Ian putting himself out there. This Felger/Mazz disciple better be right...

Not sure how Jmac could even fit under the cap in future years. Because Pats need that money for Collins, Chandler, and Hightower don't they?

Unfortunaly we won't be able to keep all 3 of them...hopefully 2

You guys make me switch to Felger and Mazz! I need a tetanus shot now.....
I know. He's busy ejaculating all over Luck. Luck is The Chosen One, and when he sucks its all because of Pagano and when he's Gawd, (which he was in the fourth quarter!), it's because he's The Chosen One!

Just speculating here since no one has listed what McCourty is getting paid this year. The cap situation is actually starting to get better. If he is due $7MM next year, (the only # I know) then likely he'll have something like $3.2-3.5MM left on his contract this year. That means the Pats are only short less than a million. THAT is a number I can see them working out in the short term.

Really though, they need to create a situation where they have a million available after this deal , in case they need to add to the roster over the season.

I still don't believe it will happen, but I'm having a bit more hope

Yeah they only need to free up enough to cover the proration. But they still need a couple mil reserve so in essence they have a mil in cap room with the 2 mil buffer. I cant remember them ever going lower than that.

Depending on how/if his deal is restructured as part of a trade, he could be cut after next season with minimal/no dead cap, basically making him a year-and-a-half signing while Collins, Jones and Hightower are still on their rookie deals.

Remember the cap's going up.

Also, those are worries for another day. Really want this to happen now...

Idk why people have been dogging Jason McCourty. He did a good job against receivers like vincent jackson and julio Jones this year

I think we are sending Mayo! Don't quote me, but I just had a feeling. These feelings are mostly on point. Last time I had this feeling was on Seymour.

Collins is the best and most versatile out of all 3. He should be the #1 priority.

If we can't get all 3, I would let Chandler Jones go before the other two.

Idk about that. Hard to find pass rushers and chandler's getting better

My choice would be hightower and chandler. I like collins but they can start drafting a LB soon.
Heheh, How long have you followed this team or BB for that matter? He does not care for pass rushers that much. Do you know how difficult it is to hit on Inside LBs? Hightower and Collins over anybody for me.

Collins is the best and most versatile out of all 3. He should be the #1 priority.

If we can't get all 3, I would let Chandler Jones go before the other two.

Yeah, if we're picking 2 out of the 3, letting Jones walk was the borderline no-brainer before this season. If he keeps up this pace, on one hand it makes it hard to let him go, OTOH it might lead to him making 50+% more than either of the other two. Either way, I think Collins and Hightower are both going to stay here long-term, and Jones' future is the only one that's up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back