PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline “Ideas”

Last edited:
Some areas of chungs game are starting to concern me. Coverage being the main, going back to last season, it only seems to be declining.

With that being said, I honestly wasn’t that high on trying to trade for Landon Collins before tonight, however I think he might just be the best player we might be able to get that could be a major upgrade to the defense, without costing a first or more.

I’m working really late tonight so I’ll be sleeping through the trade deadline.

I hope I wake up to an early Xmas.

Patricia send us Blount in a 2 for 1 package deal with Tate!
I was thinking the same with Denver if we did a Thomas trade, with the emergence of Lindsay, they might add Booker or, my preference Freeman, for a little more. It seems unwise to count on Michel and the rest of our "RB" to make it through the season.

Haha Clinton-Dix appears as a trade candidate. I am in to bolster our safety position.

Apparently Rapoport thinks the Patriots could trade away a WR if they acquire a new one today. As I posted a couple days ago, I wonder if we’ll see Hogan to the Texans and then the Pats trading for somebody like Golden Tate or Demaryius Thomas.

The Texans just lost their #2 WR for the season, and their #3 and #4 have missed time with injury but are expected back in the next few weeks. They need a WR who can contribute now, not one who needs a month to learn the offense.

Apparently Rapoport thinks the Patriots could trade away a WR if they acquire a new one today. As I posted a couple days ago, I wonder if we’ll see Hogan to the Texans and then the Pats trading for somebody like Golden Tate or Demaryius Thomas.

The Texans just lost their #2 WR for the season, and their #3 and #4 have missed time with injury but are expected back in the next few weeks. They need a WR who can contribute now, not one who needs a month to learn the offense.

I'd rather send them Dorsett.

Rapaport also thinks Gordon was going to get benched

Apparently Rapoport thinks the Patriots could trade away a WR if they acquire a new one today. As I posted a couple days ago, I wonder if we’ll see Hogan to the Texans and then the Pats trading for somebody like Golden Tate or Demaryius Thomas..

Ive been thinking all along that Hogan is a goner if the Pats trade for a WR. I like hogan but he has definitely not had the impact he had in the past. I dont like the DT thing at all, Ive seen him plenty here in Denver and the scoop on him is he is lazy.

It sure looks like the Pats are not looking for a defensive player which is disappointing, but a top tier WR wouldnt be bad, I dont see DT as that however, Golden Tate maybe, Im not convinced of this either.

I'd rather send them Dorsett.
Dorsett is in his final year of his contract. If we are really targeting WR trading Dorset makes a lot of sense.

Ive been thinking all along that Hogan is a goner if the Pats trade for a WR. I like hogan but he has definitely not had the impact he had in the past. I dont like the DT thing at all, Ive seen him plenty here in Denver and the scoop on him is he is lazy.

It sure looks like the Pats are not looking for a defensive player which is disappointing, but a top tier WR wouldnt be bad, I dont see DT as that however, Golden Tate maybe, Im not convinced of this either.

Not sold on DT. He has experience in JDs system but his cap hit with his age ewww, IMO he would be a easy pass.

They need a young WR for the future not old broken down has beens. How has that worked out for them in the past.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back