PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE official Patriots trade deadline thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hell is this negativity coming from?

We're not the Bills or the Lions or some other team that has wallowed in mediocrity.

We're the most successful goddamn franchise in the history of sports outside of probably the Yankees and what the Pats have done since 2001 is unrivaled in the NFL in terms of sustained dominance in a system rigged to keep teams from being dominant.

CP will put up 250 yards and fumble and the fumble will bounce right into Julian's hands and we'll win and we'll all get laid. We're the goddamn Patriots, get outta here with this negative ****. History says we'll come out on top.

This is true, even Joker will get laid.

Here’s to Jamie Collins doing something to get released by the Browns. Blount style.

Cmon Jamie you can do this.
Ha.

I think he needs to clear waivers so they can sign him for cheap dollars.

Duck I say...:mad::mad:

Unforgiven3.jpg

I guess you think I'm kicking you.

I agree. KC is a legit team and will not slow down as its previous iterations unless injuries hit. Their offense is just amazing, their ST great and their defense might get Berry back in time for the playoffs.

On some level we are lucky that Earl Thomas broke his leg because they were pretty close in terms of trading for him. This might be the most complete opponent we have faced in the AFC for a very long time.

Are we talking about the same KC team that has given up more points than most of the AFC teams this year, in spite of a 7-1 record? As great as their offense is their defense is just as weak. IOW they're anything but complete.

Are we talking about the same KC team that has given up more points than most of the AFC teams this year, in spite of a 7-1 record? As great as their offense is their defense is just as weak. IOW they're anything but complete.

That defense will have their top 2 safeties back by playoff time which will change the face of the unit substantially. The added talent & flexibility in coverage in addition to their pass rush (Houston + Ford) makes them at the very least pretty solid.

That defense will have their top 2 safeties back by playoff time which will change the face of the unit substantially. The added talent & flexibility in coverage in addition to their pass rush (Houston + Ford) makes them at the very least pretty solid.
I don’t think you can count on Berry to stay healthy for any length of time.

I don’t think you can count on Berry to stay healthy for any length of time.

I don't disagree with this. But at this point I will assume that they will get him back for the latter part of the season the same way I assume that whatever is up with Gronk will be figured out until the playoffs. Give all the pieces the benefit of doubt until there is enough evidence to reassess it.

If road to the SB goes through the Arrowhead, then that`s it, we won`t beat them there. It would be tough to hang with them 60 minutes even in Foxboro. Unfortunately, our defense is too slow to keep up with their speedy offense and Belichick should have made a move at the trade deadline, bolstering the LB corps. Frankly, our best hope lies in potential KC-Pittsburgh divisional showdown because the Steelers have beat them at KC time and time again.

If road to the SB goes through the Arrowhead, then that`s it, we won`t beat them there. It would be tough to hang with them 60 minutes even in Foxboro. Unfortunately, our defense is too slow to keep up with their speedy offense and Belichick should have made a move at the trade deadline, bolstering the LB corps. Frankly, our best hope lies in potential KC-Pittsburgh divisional showdown because the Steelers have beat them at KC time and time again.
That was against Alex Smith. In their lone attempt against Mahomes this year, they got smoked. Their downfield attack actually plays right into the hands of KC’s strength on defense. If they play someone in the playoffs, you’d ideally want a very physical defense to come in there and beat them up. The Ravens and Chargers of the NFL, for example.

I hope you're wrong, but if not I'm hoping we can grab the #2 seed and they end up losing in the playoffs. I'd like to see us get the home playoff game for the AFCG.

What do you think of the NFC teams? I think they're not as strong as we're being led to believe. I'd put KC, NE and Pitt right there with LAR, NO and Car. I also look at the AFCS and NFCE as the Little Sisters of the Poor divisions.

Many in the conference too, not a particular strong AFC. Chiefs need to prove they can win a playoff game, think they have one in Reid’s five year tenure.

True, but the Chiefs will eventually get Berry and Houston back, which you have to think will help their D. Plus playing at Arrowhead will be incredibly tough.

I hope you're wrong, but if not I'm hoping we can grab the #2 seed and they end up losing in the playoffs. I'd like to see us get the home playoff game for the AFCG.

What do you think of the NFC teams? I think they're not as strong as we're being led to believe. I'd put KC, NE and Pitt right there with LAR, NO and Car. I also look at the AFCS and NFCE as the Little Sisters of the Poor divisions.

I’d replace Carolina with Philly. They’re only 4-4 but have the potential to go deep.

Last edited:
That was against Alex Smith. In their lone attempt against Mahomes this year, they got smoked. Their downfield attack actually plays right into the hands of KC’s strength on defense. If they play someone in the playoffs, you’d ideally want a very physical defense to come in there and beat them up. The Ravens and Chargers of the NFL, for example.
Yeah, what I meant to say is that they, unlike us, had KC number in the past. I was watching parts of that game, Roethlisberger threw for almost 500 yards, but Steelers had to give up on running early since they dig themselves 0-21 hole well before the end of the 1st. In any case, it will be extremely hard for us to go to KC and beat them on their home turf. I was hoping we would go all in this time and acquire either a top-notch WR to try to outscore them, or a very good LB to patch up some of the issues in the middle. Unfortunately, none of that happened.

If we do play KC @Arrowhead in January , let us hope for some nasty weather.

Has Mahomes played in any ?

It's not just that the Chiefs give up a lot of points - they also give up a lot of yards and they are among the bottom ranked teams in the league in average length of drives given up, opponent plays per game and yards allowed per play. They also have the worst run defense in football in yards per rush. If the defense is allowing long drives Mahomes can't get on the field.

As we saw our offense matches up great with a defense like that. They are on the plus side in turnover differential so it's important to limit those.

I'd say having Michel, White and everyone else on offense fully healthy for any rematch is more important than HFA. We can beat them in Arrowhead.

Yeah, what I meant to say is that they, unlike us, had KC number in the past. I was watching parts of that game, Roethlisberger threw for almost 500 yards, but Steelers had to give up on running early since they dig themselves 0-21 hole well before the end of the 1st. In any case, it will be extremely hard for us to go to KC and beat them on their home turf. I was hoping we would go all in this time and acquire either a top-notch WR to try to outscore them, or a very good LB to patch up some of the issues in the middle. Unfortunately, none of that happened.

I think you're thinking of the Jags game? Chiefs lost a close one to the Steelers in the playoffs a couple years ago.

If we do play KC @Arrowhead in January , let us hope for some nasty weather.

Has Mahomes played in any ?

Mahomes played only 1 cold weather game and that was in Denver late in 2017. The weather wasn’t terrible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe