PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL suspends Payton, Loomis & Williams; strips Saints of two draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, also, I do think BB is arrogant but in a fun way. You really can't do the job of NFL head coach well without being a bit of an a-hole, I've decided.

Oh, man, if I was ever a head coach, Bill Parcells himself would look at me and say, "Wow, you're kind of hard on the media."

I've actually never been to Commander's Palace, although I've heard nothing but great things about the place.

Dude the Sunday brunch is friggin the best thing on earth. Check it out next time you're here, hopefully that is in February and the Pats are playing a game.

Re: Warren Sapp says Jeremy Shockey was the Saints bounty Snitch

First time in my life I actually spit out my drink laughing.

Then my work here is done. :D

Dude the Sunday brunch is friggin the best thing on earth. Check it out next time you're here, hopefully that is in February and the Pats are playing a game.

Will do, and thanks for the tip. Are reservations required for the brunch?

for you and fans like you, i have sympathy

for the d players who partook, and for payton and that dc and that GM, no ******* sympathy for those devils at all

Nice of you to say Jc. But I still don't completely believe SP knew the extent of what Greg Williams was doing. SP has been blind sighted by GW many times, with his statements. Our problem is that is SP knew and wanted it. Then we don't want him as HC. That makes us losers again, because no matter what people makeup or say about Sean Payton he's a very good, if not one of the best OC in the NFL. I think we are hoping he didn't know the full extent

Last edited:
It really is unbelievable how willfully ignorant people are about Spygate.

Whatevs. We have their 1st and our coach.

Yup, I don't remember anybodys season or career being ended or wind up with life affecting concussions getting hit with a camera on the feild.

please trade the Saints their first back this year for their first next year

I found the food at Brennans delightful but found the strippers even more delightful.

^ might be off on that. Couldn't find anything about it. I remember the charges for whoever it was were dropped and he returned to the network, but it might not have been Sapp.

I believe it was a domestic violence charge against Sapp. He was gone for a while but obviously it didn't cost him long-term.

I feel bad for you and all Saints fans, Pherein...of course it's well known how much I detest every atom and molecule that makes up this thing running the league...isn't it funny that in a year when the Saints were hoping to make a run to the Super Bowl, that lead headed Dedbraindell INSURES this won't occur, all the while feverishly planning the stage for a Jets/Giants NEW YORK Super Bowl the following year....

yes,the Saints should bear the brunt of sanctions, but then, every freaking team that ever employed Gregg Williams should be on the carpet and paying a price...these fines and penalties are the work of a sub 80 I.Q. ******, a term I am loathe to use but the only one I can find that APPLIES to this overbearing, running amok, power mad moron.

Ratdell hasn't cut off his nose to spite his face with this idiotic, over the top decision, he's taken a LAWS rocket and stuck it in his mouth and pulled the trigger...meanwhile, the JOKE that is the New Jersey Rats gets carte blanche to commit every kind of disgusting, evil, vile, degenerate act imaginable and yet, waltz into every NFL fans' home on TV week after week like they're a group of freakin' Girl Scouts.

Keep your head up, Pherein...I played football (a century ago) and smashing the opposition was ALWAYS the main objective. Too bad you got a huge RAT in your organization, I think it's Shockey...for obvious reasons

Last edited:
Yup, I don't remember anybodys season or career being ended or wind up with life affecting concussions getting hit with a camera on the feild.

I don't remember exactly when it was, but didn't a TV camera fall off last year during a game? Man, this BB is dangerous...

Hope Sapp enjoys being unemployed.

I don't remember exactly when it was, but didn't a TV camera fall off last year during a game? Man, this BB is dangerous...

Ha-ha. Thats true. it happened at the Insight Bowl. Good call.:)

yes garden room

I've made the notation and started a meal/snack itinerary for my next stop there. The Sunday's already set:

Commander's Palace (garden room) for Brunch
Cafe Du Monde for beignets late in the afternoon
Brennan's for a late supper

Anytime I read something to that effect, every ounce of sympathy that I had for Saints fans evaporates. Blackandgold.com is pretty ugly right now.

The funny thing is, they're already going through the same steps that we did as fans. One part trying to organize an NFL boycott, one part claiming that the league office has it out for you, one part pointing to other teams who went unpunished after being caught doing similar things in the past, etc. etc. Yet--especially on the last point--no matter how much willful ignorance they encounter from other fans on the issue, I doubt they'll ever stop to consider that they're equally ignorant re: Spygate. That's just not how humans work.

I believe it was a domestic violence charge against Sapp. He was gone for a while but obviously it didn't cost him long-term.

Right. Regardless of what it was, I'm just hoping for strikes against this guy to add up. I really can't stand him on NFLN. He adds nothing and just talks over everyone, including "guests" if you can even call them that due to how they are treated by hosts not named Rich Eisen.

I know. Believe me, I know. And I also know the stories are coming out (about Peyton and some are turning a bit on Brees too) are piling on and everyone is going to talk about the dastardly things Payton did whether or not they are relevant to anything. They did it with BB but it was less of a surprise because he was already so loathed. I'm saying (and I guess not well) that I am legitimately surprised to hear stuff about Payton because the general perception was pretty positive. I also think his punishment is by far and away the most stunning thing about this.

I wish you guys didn't feel so bad (and I sorely wish we weren't partners in the Roger Goodell Most Deserving Punishment Sweepstakes.) You didn't do anything wrong as a fan and this sucks ass for you guys.

Brees is being ripped apart by this, and chances are he knew nothing of it. They are saying the true character is showing and etc.. same as Brady went threw.
Brees might even leave NO to save his character.
You know though some think SF is arrogant , I don't think he is. Brees on the other hand. we might think he might be on a gods mission, that carries some arrogance.

We are being made an example. Its so nice of you to understand that we as fans never understood this. We are not like this , or even understand it. We just love our team. I think the real casualty is us. We love other teams and work so hard to make them welcome. Now we all have to regroup and think again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST