PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL suspends Payton, Loomis & Williams; strips Saints of two draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know what your problem is today, but you are having a really good time misrepresenting us.
You call payton arroigant , make fun of us having 1 good year and the team that actually got involved in the community , and bash our fans for having opinions. Your on a roll today BC, don't let me stop you.
Im sure you can make something up about our food that isn't even close to fact.

Oh, sorry, did I misrepresent you a couple posts back when I said you were the gold standard of any NFL fan?:eek:

I don't have a problem, I am making observations based on what I'm reading. Have you not read about what people around the league really think of Sean Payton? Over and over again he is being
called arrogant and obnoxious....these are other media members words, not mine. I said I was SURPRISED by it because of the public perception of Payton and the Saints, a perception which I fully bought into. I said it's interesting to read about what people around the league really thought.

I know today must suck for you, but it's not like as a Pats fan I have no idea what you're feeling. Most of the comments on other MBs including the Saints are bashing BB more than Payton by a mile
and Cameragate was years ago.

Also, I did not make fun of you for having one good year because you've had several. You might be confusing me with someone else, though I'm not sure who.

And I've never visited NO, so I can't comment on the food (yet,we intend to go).

Last edited:
:) you bought food on the street, and expected less

It was one of the restaurants there. I forget the name. The Jambalaya sucked, too. But I'd had some excellent turtle soup the night before, and went to Brennan's that night and enjoyed another solid meal, so it was all good.

That one place (I'd remember the location if I saw it, but can't remember the name) is the only bad food I've ever had in New Orleans.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, did I misrepresent you a couple posts back when I said you were the gold standard of any NFL fan?:eek:

I don't have a problem, I am making observations based on what I'm reading. Have you not read about what people around the league really think of Sean Payton? Over and over again he is being
called arrogant and obnoxious....these are other media members words, not mine. I said I was SURPRISED by it because of the public perception of Payton and the Saints, a perception which I fully bought into. I said it's interesting to read about what people around the league really thought.

BC, I see a lot of that as piling on. We love to the see exalted brought down. NFL coaches are A-types and will be viewed as arrogant by many. It happened after SpyGate. "We all knew he was a A-hole" Now I see the the lined troops taking a step back to avoid trouble. There is no "what people around the league really thought" outside of piling on and easy shots. It's easy now. The guy's gone for a year.

ps
And I don't remember eating food on Bourbon Street, but I'm pretty sure I did at some point.

Last edited:

I know today must suck for you, but it's not like as a Pats fan I have no idea what you're feeling. Most of the comments on other MBs including the Saints are bashing BB more than Payton by a mile
and Cameragate was years ago.

Also, I did not make fun of you for having one good year because you've had several. You might be confusing me with someone else, though I'm not sure who.

And I've never visited NO, so I can't comment on the food (yet,we intend to go).

No, I read that BC, that was very kind. Probably not deserved but very nice.

Ive read many more reports that BB is arrogant, but never believed them. Im not even sure what reports you speaking of. Ive talk to SP 2x never thought him arrogant. I know he hates the media.

Im positive every roach in the wood work will come out now to say anything bad, before I did not hear their scattering about. Now that they see him down, everyone will take a cheap hit, I think.

Its a horrible day for us. Im so depressed, and I know we deserve it. Well , its to harsh in my book. We don't deserve the draft pick hit, that effects the entire team, and the entire team wasn't involved.
Benson even ordered it stopped we he heard.
I know you guys understand very well what we are going threw, we are as shocked as any other fan. We have worked so hard for our reputation , and now its shattered...

No , i was just commenting on the "Feel good story" comment, no one is feeling good today here, we are humiliated, what we did was wrong, we feel really bad

Last edited:
BC, I see a lot of that as piling on. We love to the see exalted brought down. NFL coaches are A-types and will be viewed as arrogant by many. It happened after SpyGate. "We all knew he was a A-hole" Now I see the the lined troops taking a step back to avoid trouble. There is no "what people around the league really thought" outside of piling on and easy shots. It's easy now. The guy's gone for a year.

ps
And I don't remember eating food on Bourbon Street, but I'm pretty sure I did at some point.

Krystal burger at 6am is always nice.

It was one of the restaurants there. I forget the name. The Jambalaya sucked, too. But I'd had some excellent turtle soup the night before, and went to Brennan's that night and enjoyed another solid meal, so it was all good.

That one place (I'd remember the location if I saw it, but can't remember the name) is the only bad food I've ever had in New Orleans.

lol, we have a popeyes also that sucks :) . We have a couple commercial restraints in and around the french quarter, but they don't last very long because the food is so cheap. Ive actually never had turtle soup, is it as good as I have heard?

This.

The one difference is that in about a year Payton will do an interview on ESPN about how sorry he is, how he's missed the game, and how he was thankful in a way because the suspension got him closer to his family and made him appreciate the game more. It will be set to that same piece ESPN always uses for their human interest stories, and he will look like a million bucks and the media will go back to loving him. Belichick, on the other hand, still has Peter Crybaby King complaining about BB not talking to him since King's total hatchet job story right after Spygate.

Its all about how you play the damage control. I imagine they offered Belichick the redemption spot on Sportscenter and he said something like "GFY I have a football game to get ready for".

I loved New Orleans; I'd gladly take my family there. Stayed at the Maison Dupuy, had turtle soup and gator for the first time, went on like a three-hour voodoo tour, and I paid for it all with cash that Sean Payton gave me to take out the guy who took his taxi.

I keed!

lol, we have a popeyes also that sucks :) . We have a couple commercial restraints in and around the french quarter, but they don't last very long because the food is so cheap. Ive actually never had turtle soup, is it as good as I have heard?

It's delicious as long as it's done right. If the turtle's not prepared well, it can be awful. I've had a lot more of the good versions than the bad, though, so I'm always happy to give it a try. The turtle soup I had at Brennan's was excellent. Tom Fitzmorris calls it the best in N.O..

Top Twenty New Orleans Soups ~ Cajun Chef Ryan

I haven't been to Brennan's in a few years, though, so I can't promise it's still as good today.

Ive read many more reports that BB is arrogant, but never believed them. Im not even sure what reports you speaking of. Ive talk to SP 2x never thought him arrogant. I know he hates the media.

Im positive every roach in the wood work will come out now to say anything bad, before I did not hear their scattering about. Now that they see him down, everyone will take a cheap hit, I think.

Its a horrible day for us. Im so depressed, and I know we deserve it. Well , its to harsh in my book. We don't deserve the draft pick hit, that effects the entire team, and the entire team wasn't involved.
Benson even ordered it stopped we he heard.
I know you guys understand very well what we are going threw, we are as shocked as any other fan. We have worked so hard for our reputation , and now its shattered...

No , i was just commenting on the "Feel good story" comment, no one is feeling good today here, we are humiliated, what we did was wrong, we feel really bad

for you and fans like you, i have sympathy

for the d players who partook, and for payton and that dc and that GM, no ******* sympathy for those devils at all

I also haven't been there since Katrina, but my preference was Commander's Palace. I agree that you can't go wrong at Brennan's.

It's delicious as long as it's done right. If the turtle's not prepared well, it can be awful. I've had a lot more of the good versions than the bad, though, so I'm always happy to give it a try. The turtle soup I had at Brennan's was excellent. Tom Fitzmorris calls it the best in N.O..

I haven't been to Brennan's in a few years, though, so I can't promise it's still as good today.

Last edited:

Its a horrible day for us. Im so depressed, and I know we deserve it. Well , it to harsh in my book. We don't deserve the draft pick hit, that effects the entire team, and the entire team wasn't involved.
I know you guys understand very well what we are going threw, we are as
shocked as any other fan. We have worked so hard for our reputation , and now its shattered...

I know. Believe me, I know. And I also know the stories are coming out (about Peyton and some are turning a bit on Brees too) are piling on and everyone is going to talk about the dastardly things Payton did whether or not they are relevant to anything. They did it with BB but it was less of a surprise because he was already so loathed. I'm saying (and I guess not well) that I am legitimately surprised to hear stuff about Payton because the general perception was pretty positive. I also think his punishment is by far and away the most stunning thing about this.

I wish you guys didn't feel so bad (and I sorely wish we weren't partners in the Roger Goodell Most Deserving Punishment Sweepstakes.) You didn't do anything wrong as a fan and this sucks ass for you guys.

hmm, never thought turtle meat would be that good. Have to try it thanks.
Pats is right commanders is also good, or K-Pauls is great to. I did a turtle soup look up for you on yelp.
Turtle soup New Orleans

Love Brennans, omg great steaks

To funny you do a lookup for restarts in virginia, you never get 10 3-4 stars in a row

Last edited:
I also haven't been there since Katrina, but my preference was Commander's Palace. I agree that you can't go wrong at Brennan's.

I've actually never been to Commander's Palace, although I've heard nothing but great things about the place.

Oh, also, I do think BB is arrogant but in a fun way. You really can't do the job of NFL head coach well without being a bit of an a-hole, I've decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST