PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Owners wants Goodell to reduce 4 game suspension and end Deflategate once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorito dink was fired for doing nothing and had his named publicly dragged in the open.

Last I heard both Jastremski and McNally have been reinstated by the league and still work for the Pats but are not allowed to be involved in ball prep or handling/transport.

I'm not disagreeing necessarily so much as I need to pose the question: What's all the way at this point? He would appear to be at the mercy of the courts, and unless they grant a stay if Brady appeals, he is serving the four-game suspension. That's just the reality of the situation legally. As far as reputation or legacy, I'm not too worried about that after he retires. I think his legacy will be set, especially if they win another Title. Deflategate will be a footnote at that point.

I don't know. I feel the same now as I did this time last off season. I just want to turn my attention to the game on the field. Sadly, I'm preparing myself for Tom not being on the field the first four weeks. But the boys have to roll anyway. It is what the F it is. It sucks. It's unfair. It's a witch hunt. And I am truly convinced that this is all about sticking it to the Patriots. But it is what it is. Tom will fight, as he should. I just am not optimistic that it'll change much at this point. Ideally, I hope they get a stay, the Pats go undefeated and Brady retires. They GAVE a SB to Manning so he could walk off into the sunset on top. Tom deserves the same.
They did not give Peyton a SB c'mon now. Pats blew it on their own. Yeah the first Denver game was total BS but, they blew their chances in Jersey and in Miami. They have nobody to blame but, themselves. Had they gotten homefield they would be celebrating a repeat right now.

Can they still use the urinal?

Only if all of the other facilities are occupied, and even then they need to report the usage to the NFL* and include a time stamped image of the commode prior to flushing.

Integrity.

So I guess the ******* didn't get the memo that Brady isn't done with this

Brady does not need nor deserve anything given to him.
True, but they sure screwed him out of a SB last season, did they?! Interesting how the mediots were talking about Manning leading the Broncos to a SB the week after he was benched and, VOILA, he won the SB. Things that make you go hmmm.

They did not give Peyton a SB c'mon now. Pats blew it on their own. Yeah the first Denver game was total BS but, they blew their chances in Jersey and in Miami. They have nobody to blame but, themselves. Had they gotten homefield they would be celebrating a repeat right now.
Oh really? So that fourth quarter of the Broncos game was about nothing? How peculiar was the ending to that season? Froob, I got mad respect for you, but you have to admit the way that game turned out was more than strange, especially considering HFA usually seems to come down to Brady vs Manning. Brady NEVER seems to win in Denver. Did they do dumb **** down the stretch themselves? Yes. But we still finished with the SAME record as Denver but they had the tie-breaker. Nothing strikes you as a bit convenient there? How many OPI's did Gronk get that game again? And how many of them would have been good for first downs? I don't normally engage in conspiracy theories, but there is no way in hell Tom was going to win the 50th SB on the heels of Deflategate. Goodell and the powers that be were never going to let that happen.

Oh really? So that fourth quarter of the Broncos game was about nothing? How peculiar was the ending to that season? Froob, I got mad respect for you, but you have to admit the way that game turned out was more than strange, especially considering HFA usually seems to come down to Brady vs Manning. Brady NEVER seems to win in Denver. Did they do dumb **** down the stretch themselves? Yes. But we still finished with the SAME record as Denver but they had the tie-breaker. Nothing strikes you as a bit convenient there? How many OPI's did Gronk get that game again? And how many of them would have been good for first downs? I don't normally engage in conspiracy theories, but there is no way in hell Tom was going to win the 50th SB on the heels of Deflategate. Goodell and the powers that be were never going to let that happen.

Sadly, it is true. Goodell willfight tooth and nail to block NE or make it difficult for them to get the 1 seed.

Remember in 2013 in NY and vs Carolina where the refs cheated the Pats when they were on the road with end of game made up calls to favor the opponent?

Thanks for that, really does mean a lot. Gronk always gets screwed, didn't seem too out of the ordinary to me. The first Denver was real ****ty like I said but the second was very winninable. Never should have been played in Denver had they not crapped the bed last two weeks. Refs were considerable worse for us this season but, I didn't feel as though Denver had a huge boost.

Last I heard both Jastremski and McNally have been reinstated by the league and still work for the Pats but are not allowed to be involved in ball prep or handling/transport.

By the NFL's logic shouldn't they both be fired again since now Brady lost?

By the NFL's logic shouldn't they both be fired again since now Brady lost?

yes then they can and should by all rights file a defamation suite against the league.

god that would be awesome!

Thanks for that, really does mean a lot. Gronk always gets screwed, didn't seem too out of the ordinary to me. The first Denver was real ****ty like I said but the second was very winninable. Never should have been played in Denver had they not crapped the bed last two weeks. Refs were considerable worse for us this season but, I didn't feel as though Denver had a huge boost.
You are correct even if the refs had outright stole DEN reg season game the Pats handed over the PHI, NYJ, and MIA games at the end. Any one of which would have been enough to change the venue. Even with injuries the iffy reffing in DEN loss should have just been the difference between 15-1/16-0 if not for the PHI brainfart, NYJ cointoss, and MIA 1st half game plan.

Re: topic...I'd rather have Tom sit the suspension than accept any punishment or settlement, regardless of the terms or conditions. That being said, while I understand and respect the position Tom has taken on this I don't think it'd be the worst thing for him to throw his weight around on it at some point. It goes against his whole team-first and company-man ethos, and despite being seen as the "bad guy" by some fan bases already he doesn't want to exacerbate that, but in a variety of ways he actually IS bigger than the shield so if he wants to win this outright he might have to go a little outside of his comfort zone.

Re: topic...I'd rather have Tom sit the suspension than accept any punishment or settlement, regardless of the terms or conditions. That being said, while I understand and respect the position Tom has taken on this I don't think it'd be the worst thing for him to throw his weight around on it at some point. It goes against his whole team-first and company-man ethos, and despite being seen as the "bad guy" by some fan bases already he doesn't want to exacerbate that, but in a variety of ways he actually IS bigger than the shield so if he wants to win this outright he might have to go a little outside of his comfort zone.

Do you have any realistic ideas on how he could do that?

Brady should rationally consider any deal that involves no admission whatsoever of guilt.

If there is such a deal, the press release from his side should stress that there was no admission of guilt, that he was not in fact guilty, and that he traded away his right to file a defamation suit so as to settle the whole thing.

Under such circumstances, he should consider dealing. In fact, I'd advise him to leak the fact that he'd consider such a deal.

Brady should rationally consider any deal that involves no admission whatsoever of guilt.

If there is such a deal, the press release from his side should stress that there was no admission of guilt, that he was not in fact guilty, and that he traded away his right to file a defamation suit so as to settle the whole thing.

Under such circumstances, he should consider dealing. In fact, I'd advise him to leak the fact that he'd consider such a deal.

At this point I'd begrudgingly accept this. Too bad the NFL has no incentive to do so. Unless Brady openly threatens a defamation suit I guess.

At this point I'd begrudgingly accept this. Too bad the NFL has no incentive to do so. Unless Brady openly threatens a defamation suit I guess.

Yes. He has to be willing to go the defamation suit route.

I've long suggested that he go that route, asking only for commercial damages, not emotional ones. I.e., he lost one or the other sponsorship opportunity because he was maligned. That should be enough to give him standing to sue, without leaving himself open to the intrusive counterargument of "Just how upset were you anyway?" And the real goal of a defamation suit wouldn't be money; it would be a day in court (and the attendant PR) accusing the NFL of falsely convicting him.

Do you have any realistic ideas on how he could do that?

• File a defamation suit.
  • Buy an ad in the NY Times vehemently asserting his innocence and (most of the text) blasting the NFL for framing him.
  • Run another ad the following week, and another one the week after that.
  • Leak the idea of doing either or both of those.
  • Go on a late night talk show and say what he really thinks.
Whatever he does, it has to be with enough force that Goodell can't just shrug it off with "Of course he's upset; we'll just have to ride this little tantrum out."

Yes. He has to be willing to go the defamation suit route.

I've long suggested that he go that route, asking only for commercial damages, not emotional ones. I.e., he lost one or the other sponsorship opportunity because he was maligned. That should be enough to give him standing to sue, without leaving himself open to the intrusive counterargument of "Just how upset were you anyway?" And the real goal of a defamation suit wouldn't be money; it would be a day in court (and the attendant PR) accusing the NFL of falsely convicting him.

Yesterday I heard he was still the best selling jersey last year. That'll be tough to argue unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back