PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL NFT's (Non-Fungible Tickets)

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The NFL is doing something new which I don't think is getting the attention things the NFL does normally gets. So since we are enjoying (?) the offseason, I thought I would share. The NFL has an NFT marketplace for tickets.
NFL Virtual Commemorative Tickets (live-nfts.com)

Since the day of hard copies of tickets is gone, I guess this was the next logical step. I cannot believe the prices people are asking for these worthless pieces of computer code. I would like to see some actual sales data, which shows the true value (instead of simply looking at what they are listed for). I have no idea how they are distributed. I am a Patriots STHer and didn't get any info about any of the Patriots tickets in there.

For the unbelievably low price of $500, you can own the NFT of this 17-second video I am posting and sharing with everyone (for free), which you can download to your locals if you so choose (for free).

Or just one game for a far more reasonable $75:

Last edited:
That's the NFL we know.. always trying to find a way to make more and more money. A relentless machine, second only to Disney.

That's the NFL we know.. always trying to find a way to make more and more money. A relentless machine, second only to Disney.
While I agree with your assessment of the NFL, as near as I can tell, they are giving away the NFT's to certain ticketholders. I have no idea how those ticketholders are chosen. It is the ticketholders themselves selling - or, perhaps I should say, attempting to sell - these NFT's to others. There seems to be a high commission for any successful sales, so I guess that is how the League is making some money.

I imagine a Super Bowl NFT would be high priced, but I do wonder how many suckers there are actually buying these.

I really don't get the whole NFT craze. Seriously, it seems like Beanie Babies for the cyber currency crowd. And I think like Beanie Babies, the NFTs you paid thousands of dollars for this year will be worth absolutely nothing in a few years.

I really don't get the whole NFT craze. Seriously, it seems like Beanie Babies for the cyber currency crowd. And I think like Beanie Babies, the NFTs you paid thousands of dollars for this year will be worth absolutely nothing in a few years.

they're literally worth less than beanie babies. Beanie babies have tangible properties. NFT's are dumb. I hate to say it, but the folks using them are just... I dunno, do what you want, but it's a scam. Even proposed tech functions beyond vaporware money schemes all seem to involve some mental gymnastics around their usefulness and fetishize its novelty.

The NFL is doing something new which I don't think is getting the attention things the NFL does normally gets. So since we are enjoying (?) the offseason, I thought I would share. The NFL has an NFT marketplace for tickets.
NFL Virtual Commemorative Tickets (live-nfts.com)

Since the day of hard copies of tickets is gone, I guess this was the next logical step. I cannot believe the prices people are asking for these worthless pieces of computer code. I would like to see some actual sales data, which shows the true value (instead of simply looking at what they are listed for). I have no idea how they are distributed. I am a Patriots STHer and didn't get any info about any of the Patriots tickets in there.

For the unbelievably low price of $500, you can own the NFT of this 17-second video I am posting and sharing with everyone (for free), which you can download to your locals if you so choose (for free).

Or just one game for a far more reasonable $75:

It's ridiculous, one small step closer to living in the Matrix. A free one was sent from the Jacksonville game in an apparent attempt to get me interested. So as long as you have access to electricity and a screen, you can look at it/show it to others. One EMP away from it all going bye-bye.

Edit: can these things be sold/transferred? If so, mine is for sale.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back