PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL/NFLPA to begin testing for HGH as early as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
HGH is an anabolic agent, it builds muscle mass in the same way that steroids do. The reason it's against the rules (and has been for a long time, even though they're just starting testing for it) is because once some players are using it, everyone will need to use it to remain competitive. While a guy could use it to come back from injury faster, they would also gain other advantages in parts of their body that weren't injured, and we'd have an arms race (sorry, pun intended). Throw the book at anyone who's caught, no matter what team they play for.

Admittedly, I don't know much about the health & science here, but does HGH have any of the same negative consequences as steroids? My understand is it does not. IMO, unless they can prove HGH does one harm, as steroids does, I don't see why it should fall under the same umbrella as steroids does, in terms of the stigma associated with it.

Granted, if the NFL deems HGH gives too great a competitive advantage to its user, that is its prerogative.

Last edited:
Good. Hope they test Peyton Hillis and Clay Matthews daily.

Umm, there's a reason the NFLPA and NFL agreed on HGH testing as part of the CBA negotiations, but the NFLPA has been fighting its actual implentation ever since then.

The NFLPA has delayed testing long enough that anyone who gets nailed now just wasn't paying attention to the signs. Which is not an accident.

Last edited:
How do you think this? The NFL are only doing this because of the unknown side effects.
I actually think with control use of HGH, one can live well into their hundreds.
Oh really? Well shows how much I know about this topic then :bricks:

Of course you don't. :rolleyes:

Yea I know it sounds homerish but there really isn't any players on the team that stick out. Could be some on any team so who knows.

if the league ever checks for dopamine the Jets are in big trouble...99% of their roster are dopes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft