PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Once again, Sally Jenkins nails it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the context of this thread about what we should or should not click on, and your stated support for Sally, why not just put a link to her article instead of quoting it all inline so she *might* get a bit of credit for writing it?

Yes....we should all click on Sally's story as a direct method of supporting her and this type of reporting on the NFL. It is one thing we can actually influence in what is otherwise a sea of frustration.

The NFL acts as if it’s above science and the law — and that’s unacceptable

Given the context of this thread about what we should or should not click on, and your stated support for Sally, why not just put a link to her article instead of quoting it all inline so she *might* get a bit of credit for writing it?

I linked the article. Thanks.

I don't have the first clue what you're spending your money on.

You seem to think I have tremendous insight into your personal life and leisure activities. Not really sure why that is.

No, I just think you are an arrogant douchebag.

Last edited:
You would think other so called sports journalist wold be embarrassed when reading Sally Jenkins and then comparing their pathetic work with her brilliance. Sorta like Sid Vicious comparing his guitar playing with Jimi Hendrix.

You would think other so called sports journalist wold be embarrassed when reading Sally Jenkins and then comparing their pathetic work with her brilliance. Sorta like Sid Vicious comparing his guitar playing with Jimi Hendrix.

They console themselves with how wrong she was about Lance Armstrong. :(

She has been equally steadfast in her defense of Lance Armstrong. I will say there are some similarities. Even if Brady were involved in some ball deflation scheme, it would be the height of hypocrisy for the #integrity league to punish him for it. Same with Armstrong--sure he was doping, but if literally everyone else is too, and the organizing body is so corrupt, it is unfair that he gets punished so severely.

She has been equally steadfast in her defense of Lance Armstrong. I will say there are some similarities. Even if Brady were involved in some ball deflation scheme, it would be the height of hypocrisy for the #integrity league to punish him for it. Same with Armstrong--sure he was doping, but if literally everyone else is too, and the organizing body is so corrupt, it is unfair that he gets punished so severely.
Considering the brutality used by Armstrong against some of his accusers, it can be argued that his punishment wasn't severe enough. Lance Armstrong is a ****ing *******.

Considering the brutality used by Armstrong against some of his accusers, it can be argued that his punishment wasn't severe enough. Lance Armstrong is a ****ing *******.

Yep. I defended Armstrong for years because I didn't believe anyone who was that sick would be that stupid, I could not have been more wrong about him.

Yep. I defended Armstrong for years because I didn't believe anyone who was that sick would be that stupid, I could not have been more wrong about him.
I don't really care that he was juicing, but the harsh way in which he attacked his accusers was shameful.

You're right.

I read Katzmann's dissent. It is very strong and he is the Chief Judge. Chin is probably well-regarded so that's going to be a problem and Kessler was rolled by him, but Parker is a transparently political political hack and he (his clerks) wrote the opinion.

So, yes, there might be hope.

Do you have a link to Katzmann's dissent?

Yes....we should all click on Sally's story as a direct method of supporting her and this type of reporting on the NFL. It is one thing we can actually influence in what is otherwise a sea of frustration.

The NFL acts as if it’s above science and the law — and that’s unacceptable

Wow she went for the jugular. I'd be surprised if the NFL doesn't file some sort of legal action against her. Pretty damning piece, calling for congressional investigations into NFL.

Love you Sally.

That is the mother of all BS comparisons.
One of these things is not like the other....

963_Fender_American_Standard_Stratocaster_Olympic_White_US11027845_a.jpg

images

More from WP Goodell is scum of the earth....

More from WP Goodell is scum of the earth....

The Washington post is quickly becoming my favorite news paper. Their journalist are taking Goodell to the woodshed. Good for them.

Most definitely. Not comparing him to Brady, just the similarity of athlete facing off against corrupt organization.

These are very intelligent people and going that path had one big inescapable landmine at the end. They will be asked this question: "Why an innocent man will destroy his phone right before being interviewed regardless of what the investigator said or wanted?" Will an innocent man not do anything he can to clear his name?
If you were representing Brady and presenting his case, how will you answer these question to a judge?
I believe Brady told his equipment guys to ensure the refs don't add any more air after he checks them and if they do, they should let that air out. That Jets game terrified him for life when they found the balls were 16PSI.
Now for the AFC championship game, there was no need to let any air out since the refs did not add any. This is where the NFL sting ops went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes