PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL names Jon Runyan as VP for Policy, Rules Adminstration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rocky Balboa was fair.

What a damn shame when a FICTIONAL CHARACTER gets his own statue downtown. Says a lot about Philly, imho. Then again, I guess you can say that for Baltimore too...

What a damn shame when a FICTIONAL CHARACTER gets his own statue downtown. Says a lot about Philly, imho. Then again, I guess you can say that for Baltimore too...

That statue of Samantha from Bewitched is still in Salem, last I heard so let's not go throwing stones in our glass house.

That statue of Samantha from Bewitched is still in Salem, last I heard so let's not go throwing stones in our glass house.

Yep. Always thought that was silly as I don't think shes the most famous witch though.

In my mind has to be the WW of the West

Well that is silly also. I'm sure we can find other silly statues in every city in the country. History has a way of balancing that out.

NFL names Jon Runyan VP of Policy and Rules Administration

He'll be in charge of on field disciplinary matters. NFL must have screwed up, he's not a former Jet....
Former Congressman from NJ, generally considered a stand up guy. Wonder what will happen now that he's employed by that cesspool.....

"In NFL Football Operations, Runyan will oversee club and game-related initiatives related to players. He will serve as Commissioner Roger Goodell's designee for on-field discipline as agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA in Article 46 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and also supervise the Uniform and Protective Equipment Inspection Program."

A politician from NJ is a stand-up guy? Really?

He was concidered one of the dirtiest players in the league when he played and now he's the league's chief rule enforcer. Oh, the irony o_O

Rodney once claimed he planned for his post-playing career to be referee.

A politician from NJ is a stand-up guy? Really?
Brendan Byrne got an arena named after him for being one of the few politicians to NOT take a bribe captured on a hidden wire,, He turned it down saying it was illegal and got famous for it... I give Runyon a pass since he's not from Jersey just moved there while playing for the Eagles.....

Brendan Byrne got an arena named after him for being one of the few politicians to NOT take a bribe captured on a hidden wire,, He turned it down saying it was illegal and got famous for it... I give Runyon a pass since he's not from Jersey just moved there while playing for the Eagles.....
Giving a pass to the guy that spends some time there and thinks "these are my people" makes perfect sense.

Dude even looks like a NJ douche

jon-runyan.jpg

I think Rocky Balboa was fair.

Not really. After Creed, Mick setup numerous fights to protect Rocky. If you think it's fair to hold the title while avoiding Clubber Lang then so be it.

And this will be my last post on such a contentious subject. :eek:

Not really. After Creed, Mick setup numerous fights to protect Rocky. If you think it's fair to hold the title while avoiding Clubber Lang then so be it.

And this will be my last post on such a contentious subject. :eek:

LOL

Ah but it was only until Mickey revealed that they were set-ups that they were unfair as in Rocky's mind, they were fair.

Last edited:
they shoulda whacked that palooka with a bazooka...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST