PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network...same cost everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL Network....same cost everywhere?

I needed the Digital Preferred (the $12 charge) to properly receive DVR and On-Demand. Also, you will get several more sports channels in addition to NFLN.

I pay Comcast $150 a month for cable, unlimited long distance phone, internet, DVR and on-demand. Included in the $150 is the $20 in extras that you mention (Digital Preferred and Sports Entertainment). My wife and I do watch lots of the 200 channels. It is simply a matter of choice.

I do think that the NFL should the NFL should find some way to require games they sell to be available in all areas. ESPN is, NFLN is not. But then, I suppose all are available through Direct TV.

I have FIOS for my internet and Phone service and DirecTV for watching football. I pay about $175 a month, but that includes high def and the DVR service. Also, for my internet, my company actually foots the bills and soon they will be picking up the bill for the phone service, so that will be $11 bucks a month I won't have to worry about.

I think that both DISH and Direct TV allow you to purchase channels a la carte. Those with those services (and COMCAST) make personal list so that they see only the channels they want to choose from.

I think we should be able to subscribe to individual channels a la carte, and have your cable bill based on that. It would be nice to whittle down all the garbage to about 20 channels you KNOW you'd like to choose from.

I edited. The cost I stated did include high def.

I have FIOS for my internet and Phone service and DirecTV for watching football. I pay about $175 a month, but that includes high def and the DVR service. Also, for my internet, my company actually foots the bills and soon they will be picking up the bill for the phone service, so that will be $11 bucks a month I won't have to worry about.

I try not to think about what I pay :(

Almost $100 a month for Internet and Cell Phone.
Sunday Ticket that's another $20 a month or so.
SuperFan - do I need this for most Pats games in HD ? New to HD, TV not here yet.

Anyway that's $120 a month before basic programming with DirecTV - I'm guessing that's another $60.

So I think I end up close to $200 a month for Internet, Phone, TV, etc. It's worth it though :)

I already pay waaaay to much for cable but I was willing to buck up the $5 for the one channel I watch every day. I called Comcast and they said the "sports tier" is $7.99 !?!?! No thanks

I just have to draw the line somewhere. I pray for FiOS to come to Westford soon.

I know different towns have different prices. What are you guys paying?

Also, I'm not sure for how long this will work but my NFL On Demand still works!

You are willing to pay 5 but not buck up the extra 3 bucks? It is your fav channel you watch every day.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I had no problem paying the 5 a month when Charter made me get the Sports tier for the one month they carried the NFL network. I switched to Direct TV over the weekend, because I want the NFL network and also to see the Patriots games. I live in New Orleans and was hoping that the cable companies would outbid Direct TV for the season ticket.

Up here in Maine, Time-Warner doesn't carry it. They're adding dozens of channels in August, including--get this, Soap.net, the Inspiration channel, The Pentagon Channel, as well as TV Russia, China TV, the Filipino channel, History En Espanol and the NBA channel!!

But not the NFL channel.

So I will be relying on Patsfans.com for any important news from that source.

I had installed Fios last wednesday, the quality of the picture is much better but all TV's require a cable box to work for anything but the basic free tv channels like 4, 5, 7, 25.

the NFL Channel is included and I got to inform Comcast that I would never have made the switch but was forced to by the rate increase for the NFL Channel and am now glad I did based on the increase in picture clarity even in High Def

now to figure out the DVR part they included

DVR is great especially for watching 2 sporting events at once because you can pause/rewind whatever you miss.

The only good thing Comcast did with the NFL Network is not make it a requirement to have the Digital Preferred (the 200s/Encore cahnnels) package in order to have NFLN any more. So if you're willing to do w/o those Encore movie channels you actually save about $4 a month I think. There's no sense in having the sports package IMO now so I'm saving $12/month until I decide whether I want to add it in the fall.

Last edited:

I did the same. If anyone knows of cheaper options please step forward. These prices are getting ridiculous.

It's called Dish Net or Directv.

With Dish the NFL Network is included in some of the base packages. It's included in America's top 100 (29.99 per month), America's top 200 (42.99 per month), and America's top 250 (52.99 per month). America's top 250 is their highest package and comes with 6 Encore's, and 2 TMC's.

OK, I have...

Dish: Paying $39.99 per month for ten months, $49.99 per month after that. (includes 200 channels, DVR, locals, NFLNET, and every channel is digital unlike cable.)

Comcast Cable Internet:
Paying $36+$5 per month. The $36 is my actual cable internet bill and the $5 is a line access fee (which is BS). They have cheaper packages and one more expensive package, but 3.29mbps is fast enough for me.

Vonage: 24.99+tax &FCC (like $30 total) includes three way calling, caller ID with name, call waiting, call forwarding, and all my long distance for the entire united states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and parts of europe is included. I'm not sure about Mexico, but it might be included as well. Sounds good and I chose their VTech 5.8GHZ phone system.

That's like $120 per month total.

I don't mind paying so much for Cable internet because I actually put it's bandwidth to use, and having cable internet allows me to use vonage.

Edit:

I used to have Comcast digital cable, and the NFLNet was included in my digital cable package, but I was paying $63 per month without premiums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back