PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL media news: Peter King is moving to NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
On @richarddeitsch's sports media podcast, Peter King said he offered to resign from SI after his false Deflategate report. Said he's still "totally ashamed" of it.

On @richarddeitsch's sports media podcast, Peter King said he offered to resign from SI after his false Deflategate report. Said he's still "totally ashamed" of it.

"I got a significant fact wrong when I confirmed Chris Mortensen's story about the footballs being more than two pounds under pressure. In both cases I admitted it. In one case, the Patriots' case, I offered my resignation to (Sports Illustrated editor) Chris Stone, and they said no. But I would have resigned. Because that is something you cannot get wrong. I got it wrong. I deserve all the criticism for that that comes by way."

Peter King offered resignation from Sports Illustrated for erroneous Deflategate report

Who gives a flying f--- about where Peter King works. Just shut up already.

Yeah, we have to stick to important stuff like whether Mike Lombardi thinks Brady wants a raise.

No he didn’t smarten up. He continues to bark the narrative that Brady deflated footballs. Then again, it depends on who he’s talking to. Biggest @ss kisser.
IIB, you nailed the crux of the matter with, "...it depends on who he's talking to.". When Holley was with Dale Arnold, I listened to that show very regularly. King was on once a week with them. During DG and all of the other anti-Pats drama, King presented on that show very differently than he did on shows in other markets. Esiason does eexactly the same. When he does his weekly with Toucher and Rich, he's largely pro Pats/Brady. On his own WFAN morning show, he sings a very different tune to his NY audience. They're phony hypocrites.

Something doesn't quite add up with that story. When it came out that Mortensen's 11 out 12 story was false, King took Mort to task to a degree for having the story wrong. It was only after people pointed out to King that he also ran with the 11 out 12 story that he admitted he had gotten it wrong and, apparently, offered to resign. Did King forget that he was fully on board with the false story peddled by the league in the early days of deflategate?

(Full disclosure: I didn't listen to the interview with King where he said this.)

Something doesn't quite add up with that story. When it came out that Mortensen's 11 out 12 story was false, King took Mort to task to a degree for having the story wrong. It was only after people pointed out to King that he also ran with the 11 out 12 story that he admitted he had gotten it wrong and, apparently, offered to resign. Did King forget that he was fully on board with the false story peddled by the league in the early days of deflategate?

(Full disclosure: I didn't listen to the interview with King where he said this.)
King knows goddamn well SI wasn't gonna let him go. Completely empty jesture.

IIB, you nailed the crux of the matter with, "...it depends on who he's talking to.". When Holley was with Dale Arnold, I listened to that show very regularly. King was on once a week with them. During DG and all of the other anti-Pats drama, King presented on that show very differently than he did on shows in other markets. Esiason does eexactly the same. When he does his weekly with Toucher and Rich, he's largely pro Pats/Brady. On his own WFAN morning show, he sings a very different tune to his NY audience. They're phony hypocrites.

I didn’t know that. That’s bad. I’d rather have someone be consistent against the Pats than to be fake when it suits his purpose.

So as per Peter King ... what changes?

King knows goddamn well SI wasn't gonna let him go. Completely empty gesture.
Bingo on the "empty gesture" description.
The fact that "newsman" King opted to look the other way after the league used him like a $10 whore..... tells me everything about this faux nobleman.
King chose access over truth....as did Mort.
King shouldn't have resigned because he got the report wrong, King should have resigned because he abandoned his journalistic principals after the erroneous report.
The duplicity of the NFL was a story he was now a part of...and Peter King did his best Sergeant Schultz impersonation.
And low and behold....King gets a permanent gig on the NFL's biggest broadcast. Funny how that works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back