PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL media news: Peter King is moving to NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Today is a pretty good day here at NBC Sports.

It’s not an easy day for Peter King, who has decided to end his 29-year run at Sports Illustrated. But it’s a pretty good day here at NBC Sports, because Peter has decided to join the effort to cover pro football.

This means that Peter’s popular, informative, and comprehensive Monday morning column will appear here, at NBCSports.com, starting in July. It’s a football tour de force, the culmination of hours and hours of phone calls and elbow grease, and it’s the first thing I read every Monday morning — typically providing the basis for 3-4 or more blurbs at PFT.

But there’s more. Peter will contribute once per week to PFT Live, in the Chris Simms role. Simms will continue to appear on the show for two hours per day, three times per week, and Peter will be with us for one of the other two days. Peter also will make ongoing contributions to NBC’s Football Night in America.

Welcome aboard, Peter King

Between SNF and all his PFT contributions isn't it more more like he's just going from part to full time NBC employee?

Between SNF and all his PFT contributions isn't it more more like he's just going from part to full time NBC employee?
Sure what it seems like to me. The only difference is his column will not be at an NBC url instead of cnnsi.com

F*#k Goodell's rump-swabber.
Haven't clicked on SI since Ned Beatty's pie-boy twin became the NFL's propaganda minister.
What have I missed? Recipes for Vermont Pilsner that give you the sh*ts?

King’s problem is that he never wanted to criticize anyone he covered because he didn’t want to lose his access. He loses credibility because of that. I enjoyed his schitck but it was hard to take him seriously as a football journalist. More of a league mouthpiece.

Never understood why an older, 60 years, dude with probably a boatload of money, would take on a new venture at that age....

Pull a Jimmy Johnson, go live on a boat, golf course or other such venue and show up for a couple of hours on Sunday to pontificate the pious platitudes of the NFL.... then off season go "dark"...

My guess, he read the recent reports about coffee being a carcinogen and was looking for better health care benefits...

Doesn't matter to me. I'm still not reading his column,or listening to him, unless it's halftime and I'm in the kitchen getting food while he bloviates in the background.

Last edited:
Probably one of the more knowledgeable reporters out there. His podcasts were money btw.

He and Florio are better than most. Not perfect by any means, but both have useful takes on occasion, have good inside contacts, and are generally focused on verifying stories first, before running with them.

Logic fallacy asking to prove a negative, try harder big boy
exactly. so is asking me to name three reporters that are better than peter king. its a matter of opinion. i think peter king blows. big girl.

exactly. so is asking me to name three reporters that are better than peter king. its a matter of opinion. i think peter king blows. big girl.
No thats not. You can identify who you think is better and make a case to quantify why. That’s different than asking me to prove a negative.

No thats not. You can identify who you think is better and make a case to quantify why. That’s different than asking me to prove a negative.
peter king is the worst. hows that honey? you are in the process of trying to tell me that my opinion is factually wrong. you cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back