PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Live: Bruschi: Pats Shouldn't Get Too Comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with what he said, other than where he said it?

He said the Pats are on a roll, but they have to show what they can do after the bye against better teams. Well, duh! Sounds about right to me.

Re: NFL Live,Bruschi:pats Shouldn't Get Too Comfortable

....ESPN upper Brass treat thier analysts like puppets... When was the last time Chris Berman told everyone watching that he was a big Bills fan?... Its been some time now.

As much as I hate ESPN, I don't think Berman (or most anyone else with an IQ over 80) would readily admit to being a Bills fan- at least the last 8, 9 years or so.

I agree with most here, Tedy is just saying now what he would be saying if he were still in the locker room preparing for the next game.

Last edited:
Sounds like Tedy, he tells it like it is.

it was kind of like yin and yang or good cop/bad cop except the bad cop was playing the good cop. schlereth(crapforbreath) is still a doosh.

As others have pointed out, Tedy is right. They havent proved anything to me yet. Lets see how they do the next 4/5 games.

Re: NFL Live,Bruschi:pats Shouldn't Get Too Comfortable

You wonder if ESPN is instructing Tedy to say things that are not so rah-rah when it comes to the Patriots for viewers not to think he holds much bias towards the team. - Not saying only this particular thing is it but things in general when this team is mentioned and Tedy opinionates
No. If anything, the opposite. You never heard Merrill Hoge talk about the Steelers?

Bruschi is just calling them as he sees them, with the benefit of having played under BB for years.

If we listen to what Bruschi says, we can get an inkling of what BB tells players.

All I got to say is that I have a problem with the way he says also, it sounds strange, as he is learning how to read.
You mean like the way some people use commas? It looks strange, as though they were learning to write and hadn't gotten to the lessons on periods and semicolons yet.

Only kidding. It's just weird to have someone complain about spot-on analysis on ESPN (finally) because of the way a guy pronounces one certain word. Merrill Hoge, Mark Shlereth (and Jamie Dukes and Michael Irvin on NFLN) all pronounce 'also' just fine, but who pays attention to what they say?

As others have pointed out, Tedy is right. They havent proved anything to me yet. Lets see how they do the next 4/5 games.

Bru pretty much echoed what I have been saying lately, the fact that they have steamrolled the past couple games means not a heck of a lot really. And NPF, I agree with your quote, after this month against division rivals, teams that know them and play them hard and know their weaknesses, these are the teams that you gotta make a statement to, and let them know that we aren't as weak in the area you thought we were.

Man I miss 54. Dosne't it seem like he is addressing that lockerroom. So what, we beat inferior teams and that is done. Go out and prove and continue to prove you are a cream of the crop team.

Really looking forward to this month's games, seeing our D gel a bit more and the returning to form of TFB...

I bet BB said the same thing to his players.

Re: Bruschi Breakdown: Don't underestimate the Dolphins

Very good breakdown from Tedy, as usual.

I look at the Fins sort of the way I looked at the Denver game going in - a game that the Pats should by all rights win, but could easily lose. Like Denver, Miami is well coached and physical. They won't back down, and they won't shoot themselves in the foot. They have major flaws and weaknesses, but they will play tough and can easily steal this game if the Pats slip up.

As with the Denver game, if the Pats get up back more than 14 points I could see a rout coming, but the the Dolphins keep things close then I would be worried. We had plenty of opportunities to put Denver away in the 2nd half but didn't make adjustments and let them back in the game, ultimately losing in OT. We struggled with the Bronco's "Wild Ponies" formation, which was a variant of the Wildcat, and allowed multiple long drives. We didn't get effective pressure on Kyle Orton. If we have the same issues with Miami, we're in for a long day. I see the Miami game as a good test as to how we've progressed in terms of making adjustments.

This is a game we could win 40-7, or lose 21-20. Avoiding breakdowns (on STs with Ginn, against the Wildcat, and protecting TB from making key mistakes and turovers) will end up being the factor which determines which way the game goes.

Tedy: I think when you look at the New England Patriots right now, the name that always comes first is Coach Belichick, but there is plenty of Bill Parcells in his background. The Coach Parcells effect can last years down the line, with players and coaches and concepts. The formula he's brought in Miami is somewhat similar to what Mr. Kraft has done here -- he hired a head coach, let him have control of the team, and he's been a behind-the-scenes type of person. You don't see Coach Parcells behind a microphone every week, giving his ideas. He lets coach Tony Sparano do his job, and that's an important aspect of being a behind-the-scenes leader. For me personally, as a player, I was very fortunate that the groundwork on my mentality and the way I played football was laid by Bill Parcells. He was my head coach my rookie year, and all the lessons I learned from him, about being a champion and achieving success, I kept those core values all throughout my career.
Tedy Bruschi's Breakdown: Respect Miami - ESPN Boston

Tedy goes on about Parcells and his influence.

Buschi threw the coaches under the bus for wildcat problems ?

Am I reading too much into this statement ?

Tedy: Everybody wants to talk about the Wildcat, everybody wants to bring up what the Wildcat did to the Patriots last year, and it's a viable topic. They gashed the Patriots' defense last year, and I was the middle linebacker, shaking my head on the sideline wondering, "What is going on? What is this new formation that they're bringing out?" Unfortunately, I was part of the defense that was used as the experiment to try it out, and they scored on us four times. The defense already has multiple checks for gadget formations and empty backfield, and the Wildcat created a whole new set of adjustments. Unfortunately we didn't have a plan for that. After the game, I learned that the Dolphins' quarterbacks coach, David Lee, was at Arkansas when they ran something similar with Felix Jones and Darren McFadden. I wondered how we didn't catch that as a coaching staff. Now the secret is out and there is plenty of film to watch, plenty of time to make adjustments.

I completely agree with Tedy. There are still a lot of improvements this team needs to make to be truly elite. Sounds like he's trying to motivate the Pats from the booth.

Face it guys, he's right. We've destroyed the two weakest opponents in the league. Congratulations. Now it's time for the team to prove themselves.

Re: Buschi threw the coaches under the bus for wildcat problems ?

Am I reading too much into this statement ?
Yeah. He's saying that Belichick is human.

Re: Bruschi Breakdown: Don't underestimate the Dolphins

Very good breakdown from Tedy, as usual.

I look at the Fins sort of the way I looked at the Denver game going in - a game that the Pats should by all rights win, but could easily lose. Like Denver, Miami is well coached and physical. They won't back down, and they won't shoot themselves in the foot. They have major flaws and weaknesses, but they will play tough and can easily steal this game if the Pats slip up.

As with the Denver game, if the Pats get up back more than 14 points I could see a rout coming, but the the Dolphins keep things close then I would be worried. We had plenty of opportunities to put Denver away in the 2nd half but didn't make adjustments and let them back in the game, ultimately losing in OT. We struggled with the Bronco's "Wild Ponies" formation, which was a variant of the Wildcat, and allowed multiple long drives. We didn't get effective pressure on Kyle Orton. If we have the same issues with Miami, we're in for a long day. I see the Miami game as a good test as to how we've progressed in terms of making adjustments.

This is a game we could win 40-7, or lose 21-20. Avoiding breakdowns (on STs with Ginn, against the Wildcat, and protecting TB from making key mistakes and turovers) will end up being the factor which determines which way the game goes.

Not going to have a problem with Ginn. Meat will kick away from him. Jeats didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST