PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Live: Bruschi: Pats Shouldn't Get Too Comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL Live,Bruschi:pats Shouldn't Get Too Comfortable

i hate that teddy b works on that pathetic excuse of a football show.:mad:

Last edited:

You wonder if ESPN is instructing Tedy to say things that are not so rah-rah when it comes to the Patriots for viewers not to think he holds much bias towards the team. - Not saying only this particular thing is it but things in general when this team is mentioned and Tedy opinionates

You wonder if ESPN is instructing Tedy to say things that are not so rah-rah when it comes to the Patriots for viewers not to think he holds much bias towards the team. - Not saying only this particular thing is it but things in general when this team is mentioned and Tedy opinionates

I bet they do. They want him fair and balanced.

Sounds like good old objective reporting to me.

Sounds like good old objective reporting to me.

But do things he say come out of his mouth or from ESPN cuecards?

I think the ESPN upper Brass treat thier analysts like puppets at times and told to do what you are told to do and be right down the middle on everything.

When was the last time Chris Berman told everyone watching that he was a big Bills fan?... Its been some time now.

Tedy's right. Plus I think it's exactly what he'd say as a leader in the lockeroom and likely what BB probably said to them 10 minutes after the last game LOL.

Tedy's still a Patriot at heart and he's just talking to his boys :), plus he understands the game far better than either of those 2 dingbats who've enjoyed many,many hours of airtime ripping BB and just about every player on the team a new one. Now they're gushing, and Tedy nails them with some actual football knowledge right on the air:D I loved it,you go Tedy!

Plus he's right.

I'm sure he'd say the same thing if he was still on the team. It's a looooong way to go

Tedy is always pro-Pats without being a homer. He's just holding them to the high standard he's accustomed to. Fine by me! I'd hate it if he went all Meril Hoge or Tom Jackson or Schlereth with their blatant homerism. Well, Schlereth before McD started making things happen for his beloved Broncos. He's since hopped right on the Pats/BB bandwagon as well, I've noticed. Imagine that! :rolleyes: Hee!

Last edited:
What has this team done to give anyone the impression they're in danger of becoming too "comfortable"?

I don't understand the premise.

I have a feeling what Bruschi said is exactly what Belichick is saying this week in team meetings. I am more taken aback by Stink's positive comments about the Pats.

I don't know why that statement is so controversial. It's just true.

The Patriots have a 2 game lead in the AFCE. But a loss to the Fins this Sunday would all but make that meaningless. It's November and time to build the lead and not sit back on it.

What has this team done to give anyone the impression they're in danger of becoming too "comfortable"?

I don't understand the premise.

I don't think anyone here thinks that; Tedy had some very good points about Denver exposing some weaknesses,weaknesses our future opponents ( especially the good ones) will try and expose as well.

I don't know why that statement is so controversial. It's just true.

The Patriots have a 2 game lead in the AFCE. But a loss to the Fins this Sunday would all but make that meaningless. It's November and time to build the lead and not sit back on it.

You know that's true.
Tedy was just a huge part of BB's team since 2000.
I would think he has some insight into his old coach's environment.

He's right; we shouldn't get too comfortable, we need to be prepared for every game. Sounds like a Patriot mentality to me.

I agree with Tedy.

The past two wins are stat padding winds, nothing else. If you think you can hang with the Saints because you beat the Titans and Bucs, forget it. You need to prove more.

All I got to say is that I have a problem with the way he says also, it sounds strange, as he is learning how to read.

Tedy's right. Plus I think it's exactly what he'd say as a leader in the lockeroom and likely what BB probably said to them 10 minutes after the last game LOL.

Tedy's still a Patriot at heart and he's just talking to his boys :), plus he understands the game far better than either of those 2 dingbats who've enjoyed many,many hours of airtime ripping BB and just about every player on the team a new one. Now they're gushing, and Tedy nails them with some actual football knowledge right on the air:D I loved it,you go Tedy!

Plus he's right.

You hit the nail on the head. I absolutely think this is EXACTLY what is being discussed by the current locker room leaders as well.

The Patriots are a smart team. And what Tedy conveyed is exactly how smart teams think.

I'm sure he'd say the same thing if he was still on the team. It's a looooong way to go

Yup ............... :ditto: ................... :yeahthat:

I agree with Tedy 100% on this one. The Pats are a work in progress, but I personally won't be convinced they've turned the corner until they've beaten a quality opponent on the road and showed that they can make some of the adjustments which they failed to make against the Jets and Broncos.

There's plenty of evidence that this team is capable of being elite, and running that table at any time. We've outscored our opponents by 100 points in 7 games, our defense is average 14 PPG (13 PPG if you take away the 2 TDs given up by the offense) while overcoming injuries and still gelling, our offense is averaging of 400 yards total offense and 28 PPG while overcoming injuries and still gelling. I believe we have the talent on both sides of the ball to dominant anyone, including the Colts and Saints.

BUT ... we haven't won a legitimate road game yet this year, and in both true road games we failed to score a point in the 2nd half. We let the Broncos Wild Horses offense throw our defense off and gave up two 90+ yard drives. We've missed critical red zone opportunities against the Jets and Broncos that could have put both games away. And we failed to put the Ravens away in the 2nd half and let them back in the game.

Tedy's absolutely right. The team needs to show that it can translate dominance against Tennessee and Tampa Bay into mistake-free football against legitimate contenders. Win 4 (or more) of the next 5 games and I'll be convinced. Lose against the Fish and we're right back on a roller-coaster type of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes