PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL (league wide) roster cuts – players of interest

Just saw this too. Provided he's not got some sort of major injury, I would think this would be a no-brainer pickup. I know we have a lot of WR, but the lack of experience there is still shocking, so it makes sense.

No brainer in that you have to have no brains in your head to make the move? :cool:

Bills have cut DaRick Rogers.

I would pass on him, the last thing we need to add to the youngest group of WR’s in the NFL an immature idiot that could befriend them off the field and drag them into his troubled lifestyle, if we had a veteran group it would be a different situation and maybe he’d be worth giving a hard look.

I would pass on him, the last thing we need to add to the youngest group of WR’s in the NFL an immature idiot that could befriend them off the field and drag them into his troubled lifestyle, if we had a veteran group it would be a different situation and maybe he’d be worth giving a hard look.

I tend to agree and am certainly not advocating signing him but..... There is a lot of potential there given the right environment. I doubt it will happen, but nor will I be surprised if BB goes there.

Just saw this too. Provided he's not got some sort of major injury, I would think this would be a no-brainer pickup. I know we have a lot of WR, but the lack of experience there is still shocking, so it makes sense.

Stallworth will turn 33 in November; we had him in camp all last year and he couldn’t show enough to beat out the shell of what was left in Branch, or Edelman who had spent the previous season playing DB, we were so unimpressed with Stallworth in Gaffney we traded for Salas which essentially resulted in us wasting a draft pick. We signed him for one game late in the season; he made one good catch that resulted in a season ending injury. I’d pass on him personally.

I think it is reasonable to say we’re OK with lacking experience otherwise we’d of kept Michael Jenkins who is a better player than Stallworth at this point in their careers.

Barring something shocking, the Patriots WRs seem to be locked in.

Veterans:
Amendola
Edelman

Rookies:
Thompkins
Dobson
Boyce

oK I made a mistake- I thought I remembered us carrying 6 WRs last year, but it looks like we only carried 5. (It looks as if we had 7 in total time-to-time, but of course Edelperson and Stallworth injuries changed all that. I thought we carried Edelperson concurrently with others but I appear to be dead wrong about that.)

Provided we do the same thing this year, I suppose my no-brainer comment was indeed stupid.

His ridiculous lack of conditioning is the biggest concern from that article, I'd pass on him just for that!

Keep Washington instead.

I'm more concerned by him trying to pick a fist fight with a reporter, but you know, each is a valid concern.

I'm more concerned by him trying to pick a fist fight with a reporter, but you know, each is a valid concern.

I think it depends on the reporter. Not necessarily a red flag :)

From espn's blog

LB Ronell Lewis
DT Frank Okam
TE Richard Quinn
QB Ricky Stanzi

From espn's blog

LB Ronell Lewis
DT Frank Okam
TE Richard Quinn
QB Ricky Stanzi

I loved Ronnell Lewis coming out of college. Would be a fantastic special teamer.

Food for thought, from Phil Savage:

This 90-to-75 group typically has a remote chance of getting another look. Almost all 75-to-53 cuts will get future opportunities in 2013.

https://twitter.com/SeniorBowlPhil/status/371848732150468608

Yep, even PS candidates generally survive the first cut. IMO the major exception to Savage's rule is when money is a factor -- a vet may no longer be worth his starter-level contract, but could still be valuable as a role player on another team for reasonable $$.

Tom Zbikowski - no thanks
Derrick Martin - no thanks
Devin Aromashodu - no thanks
Visanthe Shiancoe - no thanks
Josh Cribbs - knees shot

Why a no on Zbikowski? He's an excellent special teams player. He also has experience with kick returns and punt returns. He is certainly an upgrade over Ebner.

A couple notable names cut in the last 24 hours:

Aaron Curry - Draft bust extraordinaire.
Joe "Pukey" McKnight - The guy who was supposed to be better than the two bust RBs the Pats drafted in 2011.

WOW... "Sexy" Rexy was touting McKnight as the reason they had no problem letting Danny Woodhead go.. Hmm.. Guess that was just another BS statement..

We seem to be set on our 10-11 DB/STers (the number depending on whether Dowling makes the 53).

Almost all rosters with 10-11 DB/STers do NOT have Ebner making the 53.

Why a no on Zbikowski? He's an excellent special teams player. He also has experience with kick returns and punt returns. He is certainly an upgrade over Ebner.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back