PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL (league wide) roster cuts – players of interest

This is another comparison that you seem to think very strongly about and I don't understand why. We haven't seen enough out of either guy to say that either is that much better than the other. I can tell you that Develin has a good amount of size advantage on Kettani, which is something that I think is pretty important if he's actually going to be lead-blocking.

I hate how logical you are. It pisses me off.

Offensive Tackles:
Solder
Vollmer
Svitek
Cannon

Offensive Guards:
Mankins
Connolly

Offensive Center:
Wendell
Stankiewitch (is he the answer to the backup question?)

Yay! You managed to place Cannon under the correct position.

Jets released RB Chad Spann and CB Donnie Fletcher

Donnie Fletcher, ex-BC Eagle, size & ball skills = good; physicality & agility = not so good.

The jesters also cut OLman Stephen Peterman. If he signed here, he would automatically become our #8.

For an encore ........

I'll gladly place Tim Tebow off the roster. ;)

tumblr_lxpjkch3Fl1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Agreed.

A backup OG/OC would be a solid acquisition. We could be waiting for Nick McDonald to be healthy.

Could be a good possibility for sure. He knows the system and has versatility. The one and only question is his health of course.

Offensive Tackles:
Solder
Vollmer
Svitek
Cannon

Offensive Guards:
Mankins
Connolly

Offensive Center:
Wendell
Stankiewitch (is he the answer to the backup question?)

That's a pretty fair list right there for keeping 8 like last year.

And of course both Svitek and Cannon would be able to play guard in a pinch.

Could be a good possibility for sure. He knows the system and has versatility. The one and only question is his health of course.
I noticed the Eagles have four centers on their roster, so I wonder if Matt Tennant will be released once the 53 man rosters are finalized. I wonder if the New England Patriots would be interested in Matt Tennant if available.

Eagles - 2013 Team Roster - Rotoworld.com Fantasy Sports

Joe Adams and Frank Kearse released by Panthers

I want to see the SF and SEA defensive lists*, in case they do a "courtesy cut".

*Speaking of those two teams, any twitter feeds for them would be appreciated as I continue to try rounding out my NFL twitter list.

Lawrence Okoye, the British discus throwerr with the incredible measurables has been cut by the 49ers. I have no idea how his pre-season has gone. Has anyone heard anything?

I want to see the SF and SEA defensive lists*, in case they do a "courtesy cut".

Alas, Seattle made it to 75 with a bunch of PUP and NFI designations.

Last edited:
.@RapSheet: One area I'd expect some trade activity: #Browns interior DLs. Lot of depth there on back end. Heard several teams have called and inquired

One of those teams probably are us.

The 49ers reached the 75-man limit today without having to release any healthy players. Instead they transferred eight players -- including receiver Michael Crabtree -- to injury lists and waived/injured two more players, Lawrence Okoye and Lamar Divens.

49ers Blog and Q&A: Personnel maneuvers: 49ers trim roster to 74

:pout:

If I recall correctly (full disclosure: FWIW I was incorrect yesterday about being able to place a player on IR now rather than final cuts), teams can place a claim for a waived/injured player, no different than any other player that is released.

I am fairly certain that players who are waived/injured, revert to IR when not claimed, and then are waived off IR with an injury settlement become free agents - but cannot play until after week six (same length of time as being on PUP) if they sign a new contract. I am less certain but if I am not mistaken if a team does claim a waived/injured player then the same six week rule applies; it wouldn't make sense for it to be different if he was waived off IR with an injury settlement or claimed by another team on waivers.

So in theory a team (e.g., Patriots) could claim Okoye and have him available to play later this season.

Last edited:

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back