PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy getting cut in 2-3 years to make room for Flacco's bloated salary Eric. Oh, and the race wars.
Can't see them picking up Riley.
DW Toys

such a waste, the ravens are garbage. the " oz " hasn't been able to rebuild that team plus jump ball joe's coming off acl surgery.

enjoy living in that cesspool known as baltimore.

such a waste, the ravens are garbage. the " oz " hasn't been able to rebuild that team plus jump ball joe's coming off acl surgery.

enjoy living in that cesspool known as baltimore.
Do you wanna give Ozzie time to actually rebuild them lol...?

I'd rather have him there than in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh should have been in the AFCCG (at least) LAST year.

I don't know, a lot of their former core players are old, like Suggs and Dumervil, or have left like Kelechi Osmele, Daryl Smith, and Haloti Ngata last year, and their quarterback is coming off an ACL tear. They haven't done a great job restocking since their last Super Bowl run; they're definitely in a transition period right now.

Yep. Ozzie Newsome is a good talent evaluator but they seem to be digging a deep hole financially. They will likely be on the playoff bubble but I don't see them as a Super Bowl caliber team the next couple of years.

Honestly, I just wanted to see Weddle with the Patriots to see how they would make it work. It never made much sense on paper, considering that 90% of suggestions here were to move Chung to the basically nonexistent third LB role.

And I am not convinced that Chris Long can make any major contributions...his production has been in a free fall these last 2 years.

Well I am curious if the Pats plan to sign any other plays of note that are not just JAGs
Don't worry, there will be a PatsFan member at your side immediately upon any future signing to assure you that the new player is indeed, and will never be anything more than, a JAG.

And I am not convinced that Chris Long can make any major contributions...his production has been in a free fall these last 2 years.

He's been hurt the last couple years, and even when he wasn't he was on a team where he played relatively sparingly due to an embarrassment of talent on the defensive line. There's little risk assuming the money is right, and the reward could be substantial.

So far, this has been a very lousy free agency

Terrible. When the only guy you currently have is, and no disrespect to Kearse, is a guy who you basically blew away with an offer shee (i.e. making it so high Buffalo couldn't match it), it's disturbing. With all of the glaring holes that were brought to the light of day in the AFCCG, this is what they have done? With the possible 4 game suspension of Brady looming, and next to zero FA moves....

Even by this time last year they had Sheard. And Chandler.

So far, this has been a very lousy free agency

I agree but other than RB they are in good shape overall. The market has been ridiculous and I get why they would pass on most of these deals and understands why they would reserve their cap space to re-sign their key players however after this free agency I don't see why any of their key, players, other than Butler, wouldn't opt to go to free agency. They can tie up Butler for 2-3 years with tags and he will be 28 when he hits the market but if I'm the agent for Collins, Hightower, or Jones I would tell them to go on the open market and make huge money. After this free agency so of them will get well over 60 millin and could top out at 90-100. The Patriots aren't giving any of them that kind of money. It's a discouraging take but when Malik Jackson and Vernon are getting the deals they got them that appears to be the market. I would try to sign Hightower and Butler now and let Jones walk after 2016 for the comp pick. I would tag Collins if they can't sign him and get at least two more seasons out of him while drafting pass rushers to replace he and Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST