PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs are appealing, as well they should. Especially since the Jesters got a slap on the wrist for doing significantly worse with Revis..
Upon review of initial ruling, NFL will also suspend Jeremy Maclin for the season

So beyond Edelman we have Amendola, Dobson, Martin. Please don't tell me your satisfied with that receiving corps. Not to mention three of those four are injury prone guys.

We need another solid receiver. Two would be nice. Let's not pretend otherwise.

imagine if gronk got hurt. our line is bad, we have 0 running game

tom might even be suspended..

The traditional Patriots fan lament at this point:

ogBT39j.jpg

Amendola, Edelman, and LaFell were all healthy in the playoffs, or at least as healthy as one can expect. Dobson will never be healthy and hasn't shown much even when he was, and Martin is a replacement level player at best without much upside. That he was the third receiver at the end of the year was a bug, not a feature, and Amendola and Edelman have extensive injury histories that mean they're no sure bets to ever play a full season. The Patriots need an NFL wide receiver. They may need two.

Neither Edelman nor LaFell were healthy in the play-offs. Claiming otherwise is plain ignorant. And throwing in the "as healthy as one can expect" is just BS as well. It's a poor attempt by you to CYA.

Dobson has been healthy numerous times. The problem is that he hasn't been able to stay healthy.
Claiming that Martin has no upside is ridiculous. You were probably one of the people claiming that Welker had no upside when the Pats signed him. Martin proved he's a capable depth player.

The Pats prefer to run plays from the 2 TE set. They are still trying to find someone to replace the scumbag. They've tried Tim Wright and Scott Chandler, but had poor results. AJ Derby was promising until he got injured.

It would be great if the Patriots had 2 other WRs capable of starting behind Edelman and Amendola. But I have news for you. No team has 4 starting quality WR. Teams are lucky if they have 3 with a developmental and a ST Ace. Yes, there are 2 teams that have been lucky to develop quality depth at WR (Pitt and AZ) but look around the rest of the league. How many of them are actually 3 deep? Cincy HAD 3 deep, but Jones is gone and Sanu is probably going to be gone as well.

Now, before you going being all running of your mouth, no where have I said they can't improve over Martin. The problem is that players KNOW where they are going to fall in the scheme of things and many of them don't want that. They don't want to be the 3rd or 4th option in the passing game. They want to be THE man even if their ability doesn't support their ego.

Pacman stays with bungels

Are these insiders ever right about Patriots interest? Because Bill sure as hell isn't leaking it.

Are these insiders ever right about Patriots interest? Because Bill sure as hell isn't leaking it.

Unless they want to drive the price of a player up

That cant be real

You're sarcasm meter is broken.. He was portraying Goodell in how he's continued to make Brady's actions worse and worse with each press conference..

I'm curious as to who is the one doing the signing.. Belichick was in Alabama for their Pro-Day. Caserio was in Illinois for Northwestern's Pro-Day. So who is the one doing the contract stuff?

This is why locking your own guys up long-term is great. A few years later you can look up and say "wow, we have Rob Gronkowski for only a marginal premium over Coby Fleener", etc.
Yeah, but according to Felger , Gronk clearly is going to hold out is year.

I'm curious as to who is the one doing the signing.. Belichick was in Alabama for their Pro-Day. Caserio was in Illinois for Northwestern's Pro-Day. So who is the one doing the contract stuff?
Caserio was at Rutgers but point remains. Clearly someone in charge and Bill/Nick have cell phones.

Chances are the information about who the Pats are interested in probably comes from the players' agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes