PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh damn. BB must really like him.

Wow. That is a lot of green for a guy looking for his first NFL TD.
EDIT: My error: Hogan has 6 TDs.

Last edited:
He absolutely has the potential. There is no doubt. Just gotta see how he develops. It took VW about a year and a 1/2 to 2 years to get to an All-Pro level. For Seymour it was about 3/4 of a year to a full year.

as a rookie, Brown spent more time on the field than either of them......he corrected his rookie mistakes pretty early

Oh damn. BB must really like him.

Holy crap. Clearly they like him A LOT since this team throws money at a WR in the same manner I pay my taxes (least amount as possible and sloooooowwwly.)

Hometown discount to stay. If he was leaving for the best deal he surely gets more than Sanu. Apples to oranges.

He quite literally said he wouldn't take a hometown discount.

Holy crap. Clearly they like him A LOT since this team throws money at a WR in the same manner I pay my taxes (least amount as possible and sloooooowwwly.)
For a few million more they could have had Matthews who has a much stronger resume. Hard to understand. Smells like the same desperation that overpaid Amendola.

as a rookie, Brown spent more time on the field than either of them......he corrected his rookie mistakes pretty early
VW yea but not sure about Sey. He was pretty much out there all the time after he got over his knee injury early in the season.

Streater has more upside than Matthews hope the singing gets done, dont want him leaving town til he is sign sealed and delivered

He quite literally said he wouldn't take a hometown discount.
Then he did. Or do you really think he couldn't get as much as Sanu who is not close to as good of a player?

when you do it over and over and over again, yes.......really
I have made it clear I will not respond to your posts, so please get over your infatuation with me, and stop responding to mine.

For a few million more they could have had Matthews who has a much stronger resume. Hard to understand.

Its hard-line financial discipline in its purest form. Drives people nuts but its incredibly impressive.

It doesn't mean that they made the right choice, but they had a number in mind that to them equated to the production the player would provide in this offense and they wouldn't go any higher.

VW yea but not sure about Sey. He was pretty much out there all the time after he got over his knee injury early in the season.

can't dig up snap counts from 2001, but Brown went from 30-40% in the beginning of the season to 60-70% by the end

prob similar for seymour

For a few million more they could have had Matthews who has a much stronger resume. Hard to understand.

Matthews said he choose Tennessee because be didn't want to be the 4th option in NE. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that.

And much stronger resume?? Please. Matthews biggest seasons are 40 rec 650 yards in '15 and 40 rec 450 yards in ''13
In '12 and '14 Matthews only had 10 catches in each of those seasons.

Hogan in each of the last 2 seasons has 40 catches 450 yards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents