PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a few million more they could have had Matthews who has a much stronger resume. Hard to understand. Smells like the same desperation that overpaid Amendola.
Their resumes are very similar why not the cheaper option and trust Bills judgement?

Kearse went back to the Seahawks for really cheap. That's a shame. He would have looked great here.

In other news, Hogan is basically a Patriot...

Signs pointing to WR Chris Hogan joining Patriots

The god damn article said:
It appears wide receiver Chris Hogan could soon be a New England Patriot.

After a reported visit with the Patriots Thursday, NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport is reporting the Patriots will sign Hogan to a three-year, $12 million offer sheet. Since he’s a restricted free agent, his old team, the Bills, will have five days to match. This doesn’t seem likely.

According to the Buffalo News’s Tyler Dunne, the Bills don’t have much money to work with and have shown little interest in Hogan this offseason. All these signs point to Hogan becoming one of Tom Brady’s targets in 2016.

5.5 mil cap hit for year 1.

can't dig up snap counts from 2001, but Brown went from 30-40% in the beginning of the season to 60-70% by the end

prob similar for seymour
Yea around there. That 2001 DL was so thin and undersized they had to play Sey a ton.

Their resumes are very similar why not the cheaper option and trust Bills judgement?
I had his stats wrong, although Matthews still had 662 yds and 4 TDs vs Hogans 450 and 2 TDs.

I like this signing, the kid runs really good routes, has good size and speed, some strength, have seen him fight off LBs for YAC. Also, has attitude similar to Edelman and Amendola. Obviously BB likes these types, Welker, Edelman, Amendola & Hogan all late draftees or UDFAs with good quickness, attitude and hard workers. All except for Edelman had to fight their way to stay in the league after being let go from other teams. Two have been very noticeable characters on Hard Knocks (Amendola on Dallas and Hogan on Miami).

Then he did. Or do you really think he couldn't get as much as Sanu who is not close to as good of a player?

Well, I don't think the Seahawks were going to offer Sanu that much, and the Patriots clearly didn't. It's a complicated market with some smart GMs and some stupid GMs, and you can't let the actions of one group affect those of the other TOO much.

The money quote from that article:

And the Pats offered $4 million a year? o_O

From what I've read, it's front loaded so the Bills couldn't match. Smart move if they really like him. I think he could see a nice numbers increase in this offense. Further, that makes me believe my theory even more than the team is going to dangle him as an Amendola replacement unless Amendola restructures.

They were awesome early in the season.

No they weren't. Brady just got the ball out in 1 second and Edleman/Lewis were YAC monsters.

The patriots offensive line hasn't been good in like 5 years

Well, I don't think the Seahawks were going to offer Sanu that much, and the Patriots clearly didn't. It's a complicated market with some smart GMs and some stupid GMs, and you can't let the actions of one group affect those of the other TOO much.
But its the market. If Sanu gets 7 mill a year, Kearse isn't taking less on day 2 unless its to stay home.
If he went out on the market, its pretty clear he would have gotten a lot more. There were at least 3 other WRs not as good as him that got more.

Have a feeling Amendola's getting canned.

A 3 WR set of Edelman, Hogan, Streater is more vertical than what we have had in awhile. Hope it gets done.

For a few million more they could have had Matthews who has a much stronger resume. Hard to understand. Smells like the same desperation that overpaid Amendola.

Maybe the premium is shutting him out of Buffalo.

Also, I've read several times that BB brings in FAs and goes over tape with them. Maybe there are red flags or green flags that get in the way or say GO!

I wasn't expecting an offer anywhere near 4/12. In Bill, I trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes