PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, somewhat hard to believe that we would not meet those Matthews or Forte numbers . . . .
I am a big fan of value signings and generally like our reluctance in not paying top dollar for questionable players, but I think Forte at $4M (if that's the number) is a no-brainer.
The $8 million guaranteed is a bigger deal than the $4 million average. Forte will be 31 for most of the 2017 season, but it sounds like the Jets guaranteed everything other than the incentives that Forte will earn over the next 22 months.

Not that Anderson coming here was ever going to happen, but there ya go.

PFT says Bears and Pats both want to host Anderson as well..that is if he leave without a contract
I've never understood the rush in signing a contract for a bigger target like Anderson. He's easily the best RB on the market. Why wouldn't he come visit Belichick?

Benny Cunningham have James White written all over him we want a WR not a Third Down RB.:confused:

Really Bill? You couldn't compete with that?

FFS if 5/15 is too f.ucking much when its reported everywhere that you actually want him then you won't get anyone!

Between this and Forte going for 4 million I'm now in a really bad mood. 9 million bucks for Forte and Matthews and two gigantic needs are filled. How will you get a better deal than that?

Again. You are ignoring the fact that Matthews wants to be the #2 receiver and believes he can do that on the Titans. He would be, at best, the #3 on the Pats because of gronk and Edelman. You ignoring this doesn't change it. Yes, I believe it's stupid of Matthews to believe he wouldn't get more receptions here than in Tennessee because the Patriots pass more than the Titans do. In fact, I'd bet that Matthews would have put up numbers similar or better to the 2014 LaFell despite being the 3rd/4th option with the Pats.

Acting like it's about the Patriots being cheap is laughable. Especially when we know that in both the case with Matthews and Jones, it didn't come down to money.

All your JAGS are belong to us.

Well, he's averaged 4.3 YPC in his career. But his value is as a return man. That's something the Pats haven't had in ages, really since they let Brandon Tate go. So he could help, but certainly isn't a huge piece of the puzzle it seems.

Acting like it's about the Patriots being cheap is laughable. Especially when we know that in both the case with Matthews and Jones, it didn't come down to money.
Everyone seems to forget our offense was almost unstoppable with a healthy Gronk, Edelman, Lewis. If they're all back and healthy, any additions will be useful but, relatively, bit players. LaFell was still on the PUP list when our offense was at it's best.

Well, he's averaged 4.3 YPC in his career. But his value is as a return man. That's something the Pats haven't had in ages, really since they let Ben Tate go. So he could help, but certainly isn't a huge piece of the puzzle it seems.

Hes insurance for Lewis and an upgrade over White.

Everyone seems to forget our offense was almost unstoppable with a healthy Gronk, Edelman, Lewis. If they're all back and healthy, any additions will be useful but, relatively, bit players. LaFell was still on the PUP list when our offense was at it's best.

And he should have stayed on it based on performance!

Belichick is going to revolutionize the game when he has Brady playing with 3 scat backs on the field at the same time.

Can disregard that PFT piece since it's either MIA or DEN now

Ok, so we're standing pat on the OL? Really? o_O

I don't even hear a whisper of activity there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes