PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely ridiculous. If we wanted him (as it was reported EVERYWHERE) there is no excuse not to pay at least that.
Yes there is. Matthews is not worth $5m year to the Patriots or in any other sensible universe. Especially when he is only going to catch 50 or so balls in this offense.

Should see pats fans on twitter...i follow a lot and they are all freaking out saying how bad this FA has been and how we will struggle this year. Oh FA always makes me smile

When are some of you people going to get it?? The Patriots put a value on every player they are interested in. They simply don't overpay. If the player doesn't like what they are offering ok goodbye and have fun losing but at least you have 2 million more dollars.

t.

I agree, but I don't like this hard ball approach. Pats should be willing to negotiate at least a little.

Compared to Sanu at 7 and Jones at 8? It's 2016 and salary caps are way up. 5 million is the new 3 million.

Just because a stock is trading high doesn't mean it's a good buy.

Get Bolden and Hogan and I think we have a pretty good core. I'd love Kearse but, I think he's looking to cash in big.

The more days that pass where Kearse is unsigned, the less likely that is. I think the Pats can get a deal done with him.

I remember the Bruins management blaming seguin for the cup finals loss to Chicago (it was on a Behind the B episode). They felt that if he played better they would have won. Hard to pin that on a 19 year old kid. I think rask could have played a lot better to be honest with you.

The Cup loss to Chicago was on Julian not using the 4th line in the 3rd period enough and relying too much on Chara/Seidenberg. Chara/Seidenberg were on the ice for both the goals that cost them the cup..

Wonder how many Pats fans out there would like to overspend for players. I bet it's a lot

What did I say that you disagree with?

He hated playing here and shot his way out of town. Hes been great in DAL.

The idea that Seguin shot his way out of town. The issue was the coaching staff misusing Seguin.

The more days that pass where Kearse is unsigned, the less likely that is. I think the Pats can get a deal done with him.
I really figured the Pats would have targeted him. Guess they just don't think hes fit.

I think having the redundancy of a Hogan on the roster makes it easier for the Pats to bring Amendola back to the table to discuss restructuring his current deal. If he doesn't restructure, I honestly don't think the Pats keep him. That's way too big of a cap hit for what he brings to the table when he IS healthy. As you said, at worse he's going to be a contingency plan in the event one or both guys sustain injury. The team had a massive setback when Edelman went down and Amendola became gimpy as they had nobody that could beat the press and get open within 1-2 seconds. Hogan provides that. That said, if they sign Hogan, don't be surprised to see reports coming out of Foxboro that the Pats and Amendola are talking about restructuring.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do attempt a restructure. But I don't think they'd cut him, even at $6.8m his cap hit looks reasonable compared to what's coming out in free agency for far inferior players. I suspect he's gone next year, though.

Anyone think Logan Ryan hangs around for another contract? I feel like he'll get paid and Pats can't afford to sign two CBs to big money.

Ryan is likely gone unless the Pats can't come to an extension agreement with Butler.

Will he really command more than what Matthews got? I mean, in all honesty, I'd rather have Kearse than Matthews to begin with, but if Belichick can't offer that, we're not getting anything but more over the hill vets in at WR.
Its about building a team, not signing WRs.

Absolutely ridiculous. If we wanted him (as it was reported EVERYWHERE) there is no excuse not to pay at least that.

What's the source that they didn't offer him something close to that?

Was also reported that Matthews choose Tennessee because he didn't want to be the 4th option in NE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST