NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rather we do this...

Extend...
Hightower
Collins
Butler
Yeah I might be good with just going cheap with guys like Hogan (or Kearse if he's reasonable) and Cunningham and using this year's cap space on those guys.

Ok, so we're standing pat on the OL? Really? o_O

I don't even hear a whisper of activity there.

Do know the draft is coming up where trade can and will happen right and we aren't even 24 hours in yet? Jesus

I'm not sure if we need much shake up as much as we need better coaching and seasoning. And Scar has had success throwing rookies in.

Hes insurance for Lewis and an upgrade over White.

Yeah, Cunningham reminds me a lot of a poor man's Kevin Faulk. He's sturdy and a good pass protector, he runs draw plays well, and he's a very reliable threat out of the backfield who will get first downs, as well as being a good kick returner. I've mentioned I watch a lot of the Rams because my good friend is a Rams fan, and Benny's one of his favorite players. He said if the Patriots sign him he'll never pick a new favorite player because now the Patriots will have stolen the last two between Amendola and Cunningham.

Yeah, Cunningham reminds me a lot of a poor man's Kevin Faulk. He's sturdy and a good pass protector, he runs draw plays well, and he's a very reliable threat out of the backfield who will get first downs, as well as being a good kick returner. I've mentioned I watch a lot of the Rams because my good friend is a Rams fan, and Benny's one of his favorite players. He said if the Patriots sign him he'll never pick a new favorite player because now the Patriots will have stolen the last two between Amendola and Cunningham.
Can his new favorite player be Aaron Donald?

When have they ever made a big external splash on the OL? Brian Waters was a last-second swoop at the end of camp. They've only spent four 1st or 2nd round picks on the line in BB's 16 years. They've always gotten by through Dante being able to take lower round picks and UFAs and turn them into legitimate starting caliber players. Looks like it's the same path this year with Dante back.

I'm just getting up to speed now but he seems like a pretty nice player.

The only back on the turf will be Brady's if we don't get that o-line fixed.

Having both the starting T playing in their proper positions and Scar coaching up the young interior should be good enough.

I'm not sure if we need much shake up as much as we need better coaching and seasoning. And Scar has had success throwing rookies in.

Right. Scar hasn't gone to the Building 19 1/8 yet for OLs....good stuff cheap!

alex boone went to the vikings sheesh didnt even notice.

Jets in on kap per rap..love it

Cunningham could be related to Wilson and/or Ebner just as much as White. They need ST guys, and it would make sense to sign ones that can make more non-ST contributions than a 5th or 6th safety. Cunningham played 54% of the Rams' ST snaps last year.

Except the current Super Bowl winner.
And us adding Revis and Browner for a Super Bowl run.
oh has the current super bowl winner let anyone significant leave? We also signed Revis to a one year deal

Patriots should express interest in Kaep to trick the Jets into giving up way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes