PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL files its opening brief in Deflategate appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are upset that Kraft cited lawyers as the cause for this whole thing and not Goody?

You believe that Bob believes that Goody had nothing to do with it?
Yes.

I believe that he decided to publicly try to shift blame to the lawyers because he has reconciled with Goodell and is planning to keep him on long term.

So you are upset that Kraft cited lawyers as the cause for this whole thing and not Goody?

You believe that Bob believes that Goody had nothing to do with it?
I haven't forgotten Kraft's position on DeflateGate and Mein Fuhrer mainly because I have an understanding of how these Old Boys clubs work.

Every time I see this thread my blood boils just a little more. Screw every last one of these NFL jackals. I hope they bite their tongues open while eating hot lemon slices. I hope they bang their little toe on the sharp part of the coffee table. I hope they shut the tip of a finger in a car door. Twice.

...okay I feel better now. Sorry. Carry on...

I don't get the point about the White sox. It's irrelevant that the NFL wants the power to do anything. The question is did they have that power, and nothing that happened 100 years ago is of any importance.

If they wanted the power so bad they need to pull out a contract that says "We can punish anyone, for anything, with no recourse, and no arbitration possible."

The contract they have says arbitration though, arbitration means something, and it doesn't mean "I don't have to to arbitrator things because Chicago White Sox!!!"

For all the talk about renegotiating the CBA in court, it's clearly the NFL doing it. The NFLPA obviously didn't think what they agreed to was this process, because it wasn't.

The NFL's arguments seem to be getting dumber IMO.

All the MF'ers who did this to us are all still in charge, and all have probably more support among their bosses then they did before this. If anything they have a great incentive to do this again!
They all won! They're all on the catbird seat right now! "We caught the Pats cheating again! This time we nailed Brady! Big deal if we didn't actually get him suspended...yet! We get to keep on calling him a cheater over and over again for the next several years while it drags on in court!"

All that AND most importantly of all, ratings are up!

They are all still in position and have great reason to do this again. Remember that story a few weeks back with the hundreds of unsourced allegations? Any one of those can become a sourced allegation, complete with "proof", if those weasels in the league office just grease the right palms.

And Kraft just wants to move on a pretend it never happened.

I didnt read the appeal..did they reallly mention the white sox scandal???

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 3h3 hours ago
Stephanie Stradley Retweeted The Sports Esquires
Just read NFL's #Deflategate brief. Unsurprising. Makes you go HA AS IF! in parts given how strongly some is worded.
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 3h3 hours ago
NFL's #Deflategate argument is public trust in game only occurs when Goodell upholds #integritude by doing whatever he feelz is goodly.
David Beckett‏@David_J_Beckett
@StephStradley They do seem a little desperate in drawing comparisons to a sport scandal which occurred 96 years ago.
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 2h2 hours ago
Stephanie Stradley Retweeted David Beckett
Public trust argument easily flipped w/ Goodell/Taglibues' OWN WORDS re: need for fairness, independence, notice.
Sonny‏@DK_Dynamite86
@StephStradley what the NFL submitted today is a joke. Why comparing to black socks?? Why talk about scheme?? Isn't it all about berman?
Stephanie Stradley Retweeted Sonny
NFL: Vast, broad commish powers key to public trust in game. Making policy argument Kessler will OBLITERATE this.

Stephanie Stradley Retweeted Sonny
NFL: Vast, broad commish powers key to public trust in game. Making policy argument Kessler will OBLITERATE this.
Kessler gets to go toe-to-toe with the big boys holding a straight flush. Time to go make some popcorn.

You'd think Goodell would be smart enough to cut his losses and try bringing in the dream team - legal style for the next made-up or even real infraction. I can't wait until we get to hear the truth behind this...perhaps 30 years from now.

Hopefully, much sooner.

Has he yet asked for Gotohell's resignation???............NO.

Has Kraft essentially said he and gotohell have mended fences and can 'work' with each other.............YES
I'm not sure why this entire owners' situation has become so difficult for people to understand. There are 31 other owners who have had a *********** over Goodell's handling of this. They love what he's done. They don't care if Goodell spends 100 billion on this. They hate this team and all their winning. Kraft is in a bad spot and much of it is his fault, but right now there's not a lot he can do to effectuate any meaningful change.

Every time I see this thread my blood boils just a little more. Screw every last one of these NFL jackals. I hope they bite their tongues open while eating hot lemon slices. I hope they bang their little toe on the sharp part of the coffee table. I hope they shut the tip of a finger in a car door. Twice.

...okay I feel better now. Sorry. Carry on...

I hope they get their pee-pees caught in the zipper everyday...

Kessler's done a great job fighting Goodell's mad power struggles, but I expect the NFLPA to add an appellate lawyer of their own before Christmas.

McCann said on WEEI this pm they don't need one.

I'm not sure why this entire owners' situation has become so difficult for people to understand. There are 31 other owners who have had a *********** over Goodell's handling of this. They love what he's done. They don't care if Goodell spends 100 billion on this. They hate this team and all their winning. Kraft is in a bad spot and much of it is his fault, but right now there's not a lot he can do to effectuate any meaningful change.
It's not so hard to understand.

It's impossible to accept.

They got away with it. They can do it again at any time. There's not thing one Kraft can do about it.

And, as you said, it's his fault. He has done everything he could along the way to saddle us with this madman. He allowed the rest of the front office to be populated by snakes. He is now going to keep on keeping on while trying to pretend this all never happened. All his supposed influence as one of the most powerful owners bought us this? :eek:

It's not so hard to understand.

It's impossible to accept.

They got away with it. They can do it again at any time. There's not thing one Kraft can do about it.

And, as you said, it's his fault. He has done everything he could along the way to saddle us with this madman. He allowed the rest of the front office to be populated by snakes. He is now going to keep on keeping on while trying to pretend this all never happened. All his supposed influence as one of the most powerful owners bought us this? :eek:
Please don't misquote me. I said much of it is his fault. Not all of it. He got lied to and duped. And now he's in the worst possible position imaginable. He's screwed. He has z ero options. None.

Please don't misquote me. I said much of it is his fault. Not all of it. He got lied to and duped. And now he's in the worst possible position imaginable. He's screwed. He zero options. None.
I didn't say all.

Well, if there's nothing he can do to affect positive change, he might as well side with his team, the coaches, the players, the fans instead of the people that screwed him. But he's not doing that at all. His every public action from just before the Pash/Wells report came out until now has just made things worse for everyone but himself and his good old boys. He'd rather be comfortable at the meetings and get to hug Goodell than stick up for the people who really should matter to him.

Its truly amazing that they've changed their story from "generally aware" to "masterminded"

To add to the amazement, they did this without introducing any new evidence and after their original "evidence" was shown to be extremely flawed.

Meaningful change is rarely a single action but rather a series of steps. Kraft has not taken a single one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents