PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL files its opening brief in Deflategate appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has a desperate and sad sense of jealousy and inferiority plus the unbridled hubris and arrogance of 345 Park Avenue written all over it. It has nothing to do with political correctness.

Shrill over-reaction to an imagined offense. Decisions based on "feelings" rather than reason. Punishing excellence to promote "equality." I see some resemblance.

Yep- It's in TB12's best interest to compartmentalize both internally and externally which it seems to be he is doing a great job of. I do think he has an appreciation and a respect for Bob's situation even though he may think he was a complete wuss in bending over to the NFL.

While no one really knows, I'm almost 99% sure TB12, Bob and Jonathan had a brutally honest discussion about this entire thing. While Bob did F up, I think he made it clear to Tom that his situation was highly undesirable one and he needed to do what he felt was in the best interest of the team and the league. In kind, Tom told Bob exactly what he needed to do and Bob/Jonathan told him that they would support him as best they could. In other words, they understand each other's plight.

At the end of the day, if ownership and GoAT have trust issues this whole thing falls apart. Thankfully, both sides were mature enough to realize that winning is the most important thing and find a path to closure that they can both live with.
Sorry to disagree but I have yet to see any action that illustrates that Kraft has stopped being duped by the POS commissioner. I think Brady is doing this for BB and the team and Kraft is along for the ride. the real proof of where Brady stands with Kraft is when his contract is up. We will see if he takes another below market offer then or moves on.

Things that make you go HMMMMM! Jets lose to Patriots, Brady gets slandered by NFL in press......HMMMM!
You are right on target. Nothing ever just happens, especially with the scum at the NFL headquarters.

Has Florio written his thoughts on the briefing yet? He was a real asset all throughout the summer so I'm looking forward to him getting back on and trashing the NFL.

Sorry to disagree but I have yet to see any action that illustrates that Kraft has stopped being duped by the POS commissioner. I think Brady is doing this for BB and the team and Kraft is along for the ride. the real proof of where Brady stands with Kraft is when his contract is up. We will see if he takes another below market offer then or moves on.

Kraft admitted that he should not have trusted Goody. You can say that he was duped.

How is Kraft still being duped?

I've seen no evidence to suggest Brady has any hard feelings toward Kraft.

Keys from NFL's appeal brief of Deflategate ruling

There you have it, folks. According to the NFL:

Deflating a football = Deliberately throwing a world series.

When Brady was first accused of doing something wrong the NFL announced that he was "more than probably generally aware" that someone was up to something

Then when Brady took it to court the NFL decided that he masterminded a scheme

And now that the NFL is appealing they're saying that the scheme that Brady masterminded is as bad as the Black Sox scandal

If this saga continues to go on the NFL will soon be accusing Brady of kidnapping the Lindbergh baby

When Brady was first accused of doing something wrong the NFL announced that he was "more than probably generally aware" that someone was up to something

Then when Brady took it to court the NFL decided that he masterminded a scheme

And now that the NFL is appealing they're saying that the scheme that Brady masterminded is as bad as the Black Sox scandal

If this saga continues to go on the NFL will soon be accusing Brady of kidnapping the Lindbergh baby

I'm waiting for the NFL to demonstrate Godwin's law in a legal setting.

Has he yet asked for Gotohell's resignation???............NO.

Has Kraft essentially said he and gotohell have mended fences and can 'work' with each other.............YES
I agree but that doesn't necessarily mean he is still being duped.

He may still be being manipulated but I'd contend that because he is a chicken **** he is going about it knowingly.

I agree but that doesn't necessarily mean he is still being duped.

He may still be being manipulated but I'd contend that because he is a chicken **** he is going about it knowingly.

I'm not sure what to think about Kraft at this point. There's no denying he backed the wrong guy in Goodell.

Since we have no clue on what goes on politically between the owners in private or the private discussions between Goodell and Kraft, it may be best to reserve judgment on Kraft. Admittedly, he looks weak but managing a sociopath in a position of authority is pretty tough for anyone.

I'm not sure what to think about Kraft at this point. There's no denying he backed the wrong guy in Goodell.

Since we have no clue on what goes on politically between the owners in private or the private discussions between Goodell and Kraft, it may be best to reserve judgment on Kraft. Admittedly, he looks weak but managing a sociopath in a position of authority is pretty tough for anyone.

Well said. I really think that is what he is dealing with. Goody has all the signs.

I've seen no evidence to suggest Brady has any hard feelings toward Kraft.
We will never know for sure until his contract is up. Until then he has a job to do and a contract to honor

Since he's the single most responsible person for saddling us with this psychopath in the first place, he gets no sympathy from this quarter. He's getting what he deserves.

And we all get to suffer by association.

Go a little more recent and check out his post court ruling speech. I'll never forgive him for that POS.

So you are upset that Kraft cited lawyers as the cause for this whole thing and not Goody?

You believe that Bob believes that Goody had nothing to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents